Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DM800HD Clone Image

Hi,

I currently have a DM500S clone server and DM500 clone client both running Gemini_420_DM500_17122007 and have this working perfectly internally. However I have just purchased a DM800HD clone and want to set this up as my server now. However I have a few questions:

1. Is there a Gemini image for the DM800?
    2. Where can i download it from?
    3. I understand from reading around you have to be carefully with some images on a clone box, is that the case with Gemini images?

I have read around but just want to clarify what this situation is now...

Thanks in advance,
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes there is Gemini images available for clone DM800HD's. You nned to clarify 2 things before you play with images on clones;

- What SIM card do you have ? SIM2.01, Ferarri or Estar are the most common.

- Which bootloader revision do you have ?

One you know the above you can start looking for images. If you flash an incompatible image or flash an image that doesnt have the correct bootoader you will get "No CA found" and the box wint boot, meaning flash with DreamUP to recover.

- There is no clone killer images like there was with Dm500 so you wont completely killy your box... (although a 500 could be restored via JTAG).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gsmtech View Post
    Yes there is Gemini images available for clone DM800HD's. You nned to clarify 2 things before you play with images on clones;

- What SIM card do you have ? SIM2.01, Ferarri or Estar are the most common.

- Which bootloader revision do you have ?

One you know the above you can start looking for images. If you flash an incompatible image or flash an image that doesnt have the correct bootoader you will get "No CA found" and the box wint boot, meaning flash with DreamUP to recover.

- There is no clone killer images like there was with Dm500 so you wont completely killy your box... (although a 500 could be restored via JTAG).
    OK,

2 Questions I don't know the answer to... How do I find the answers to these?

D