Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bulsat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manic01 View Post
    Blind search should of found them, having said that you should only use for feeds as it finds all sorts of crap as well usually filling up your channel list.
    If you have been using blind search, you havent been scanning individual tp's as requested then? Or am i misunderstanding something here.
    Hi Manic01

No, you're not misunderstanding anything. I had been scanning the individual TPs as given by some other posters and was generally turning up nothing on them - still not getting all the channels. I just tried the Auto Navigation search last night I think more out of frustration than anything else and it found loads more channels than the Blind Search which made me think. I'm also a little confused too about how the Advanced Search works - if I scan a TP, say 12523 it will then go on to scan others. I found last night that I get different results for the same search, for example today I now have 178 channels where last night I had 211 using exactly the same search. This just gets more confusing :-\

So what search would you recommend for anything other than feeds and are there any other sub-?100 (patchable) receivers that you'd recommend?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brin251 View Post
    ive always found a blind search gets lots of repeat channels say
    12500v it may give you the 12499v and you get all the duplicates you can edit these later but i find going into lyngsat and manually adding the transponders and deleting the dead ones is less hass;e maybe u have other thpoughts on this

Brian

Sounds like a lot of work Brian, but it might be an easier/quicker way in the long run I had noticed a lot of TPs being slightly off frequency and SRs not quite on the mark.

I might try that this evening when I get home if I can't find the BBC Question Time feed!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

A cheap HD receiver.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The reason for the duplicates is the calibration of the tuner is out on most TM's and a lot of others receivers as well.
    So this is what happens in Blind search, it scans all the TP's in database as well as the ones it finds that are slightly off calibration ie
    12245 v 27500 in database, tuner off calibration finds maybe 12245 v 27497.
    Hence the duplicates etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone

I've sent the TM5200 back as there were sound problems - loud pops and clicks/crackles after changing channels and lip-sync problems on many channels. I had the same problems with the TM5400 too, so it seems like it's a fault/problem with the TM5x receivers.

Technomate support are useless as they simply ignore emails.

My problem now is that the Bulsat softcam doesn't work on my TM1500 - it's patched with 3.08p which is the latest I've been able to find for the 1000 Series, along with the Softcam keys "SoftcamAll.zip" from 13 May.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the "All" in "SoftcamAll" to mean All TM receivers?.....

Not sure as I can get the Dutch channels ok on 19.2E using this Softcam.....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I have had TM5200 and TM5400 and never had any of those issues.
    Also always found their CS excellent.
    Latest patch for TM1500 is here, patch 315

Download center

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Download center
    Thanks for the link I'll try it later.

The sound problems I was having with the TM5200 and 5400 were particularly bad with Nile TV on Hotbird, but there are none at all using the TM1500.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Download center

Worked perfectly

Many thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123