Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I agree. Makes coonts lazy 9/10 guys i know that smoke it. And they are heavy smokers can hardly pull themselves out of bed. They play Xbox till 6am.

I have never been partial to it as i get sick.

Although to say ecstasy and cocaine are harder drugs i don't think so. I find them to be more recreational drugs. far less people hooked on them.

Once a dopehead its always hard to shift. The other drugs people just forget and move on.

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As with everything there are responsible users then there are the rest, it's use has inspired some of the worlds greatest minds, for that I am thankful.
    Have yet to hear a worthwhile argument for its illegality, other than greed, sure someone here will prove me wrong though.
    "What we've got here is failure to communicate."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks to you all for your views on this however, my post was ment to help those if any who wanted or needed help with a bit of "gorilla gardening"
    and to find out if there was any smokers here at dk
    Thanks and Good Luck to EVERYONE here at DK thc4me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Manage fine but always happy to exchange tips, discussions will be theoretical of course.

HPS, MH, CFL? Yield vs Budget?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
    Manage fine but always happy to exchange tips, discussions will be theoretical of course.

HPS, MH, CFL? Yield vs Budget?
    Read this thread, and clearly the OP dont know what he's on about.

Amsterdam is 100% better than anything you can get in the UK. I dont care how good your setup is, or the plants your growing. They have commercial growers in the Dam, and grow under perfect conditions, with CO2 pumped in and stuff. Nothing I have ever smoked has even come close to G13xHaze in Amsterdam, and I have been about 6 times. Smoked for 16 years, and grew for about 4.

They do not put glass in the plants, they spray them with fibre glass, to add weight to the plants. This is being done by the vietnamese, and not hobbists. Also never heard of the coca-cola thing. You can use stuff like Accelerator or Roxs to increase yield of plants, but its all about super cropping, space, and light.

More space you got, bigger the plants, more light you got better photosynthesis. Better photsynthesis means better yields. Growing weed is the easiest thing in the world, you just need some kahunas to pull it off.

Its all about the plant though, you can trade off strength for yield, but getting a good mother plant is the most important thing, then just use clones afterwards.

Check out janobiwan on youtube

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by janobi View Post
    Read this thread, and clearly the OP dont know what he's on about.

Amsterdam is 100% better than anything you can get in the UK. I dont care how good your setup is, or the plants your growing. They have commercial growers in the Dam, and grow under perfect conditions, with CO2 pumped in and stuff. Nothing I have ever smoked has even come close to G13xHaze in Amsterdam, and I have been about 6 times. Smoked for 16 years, and grew for about 4.

They do not put glass in the plants, they spray them with fibre glass, to add weight to the plants. This is being done by the vietnamese, and not hobbists. Also never heard of the coca-cola thing. You can use stuff like Accelerator or Roxs to increase yield of plants, but its all about super cropping, space, and light.

More space you got, bigger the plants, more light you got better photosynthesis. Better photsynthesis means better yields. Growing weed is the easiest thing in the world, you just need some kahunas to pull it off.

Its all about the plant though, you can trade off strength for yield, but getting a good mother plant is the most important thing, then just use clones afterwards.

Check out janobiwan on youtube
    Just had a look at some very nice plants on youtube, shame about the camera

Some very nice strains this year, HT are running a grow room guide this issue, some nice Iranian AF strains. Have it here if you (or anyone else) would like it.
    Last edited by SouthernComfort; 10th May, 2011 at 02:27 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Just had a look at some very nice plants on youtube, shame about the camera

Some very nice strains this year, HT are running a grow room guide this issue, some nice Iranian AF strains. Have it here if you (or anyone else) would like it.
    Yeah camera is shit, as its off a phone. Think it was 2mp or something. But you get the general idea. haha.

My friend had loads more, but dont upload them anymore. That was a small crop in fairness. I have seen much much bigger!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wise decision in the current climate, wouldn't want to fund terrorism or whatever lame excuse they are currently using.
    Have seen people do some very interesting stuff with LEDs, big fan of dual spectrum CFLs.
    The way our weather is going may be becoming obsolete. Bring a whole new meaning to the common English Garden.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Wise decision in the current climate, wouldn't want to fund terrorism or whatever lame excuse they are currently using.
    Have seen people do some very interesting stuff with LEDs, big fan of dual spectrum CFLs.
    The way our weather is going may be becoming obsolete. Bring a whole new meaning to the common English Garden.
    CFLs are really only good for the vegetative stages. For flowering, you need HPS/MH bulbs, as these are what is required, rather than a red spectrum CFL.

My mate had 4 x 1000w lights running on 12 hour cycle, and he used to get on average 80 dry Os off 20 plants. Myself, I used to grow under 3 x 600w HPS and would get about 20-30 Os off 10 plants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Used to think that myself, AF is like magic, I guess seeing is believing. Lumens per watt, very competitive.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Used to think that myself, AF is like magic, I guess seeing is believing. Lumens per watt, very competitive.
    Sunmaster bulbs 95000 lumens

Whack a MH in there, and they grow even better!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Heat, space, cost. Those are quite large grows, not everyone is that fortunate. If the law would sort itself out could add HID to existing light fixtures and never open the curtains .

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Heat, space, cost. Those are quite large grows, not everyone is that fortunate. If the law would sort itself out could add HID to existing light fixtures and never open the curtains .
    Setup going to cost you ?400-?500, thats without filter

One crop would pay for all that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Purely personal use, tend not to blur the lines when it comes to such things. Not arguing those setups are not better but when all is considered CFLs are up with the best. So many factors to be considered but when it comes down to it, anyone with a bit of common sense and some knowledge can get good results.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, used to grow some really good stuff. Loved it too much, moderation is not in my vocabulary. Smoked a lot of of the best in the last 30 years. Got my first batch of seeds in Amsterdam, and enjoyed some great weed. Had my own hybrids, so lots out there have been there, done that. Packed it all in and went on a healthy fitness buzz 5 years ago. Enjoying reality now after 30 years on cloud 9! Love the pic!! GRRR!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast