Register
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by scotte

i'll be testing it on monday or tuesday

if i can get it working ill start putting together the and upload/installation instructions (may take a while as iirc the install/patching it to no longer require the gm security key is a very tricky process)
    I'm kinda curious as to what else the passthrough function can be used for and if it would be possible to use it on other cars for other purposes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well i encountered my first problem with the gm reflash

the program can talk to the scanner but the scanner needs the old style cable with a 3306-12 gm reflash insert to see the car

evidently they either didnt build the smart cable to cover that insert or they never updated the reflash app to be smart cable compatible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by scotte
    well i encountered my first problem with the gm reflash

the program can talk to the scanner but the scanner needs the old style cable with a 3306-12 gm reflash insert to see the car

evidently they either didnt build the smart cable to cover that insert or they never updated the reflash app to be smart cable compatible
    Well I never planned on including the gm Sps programmer. But it was requested and I got lazy and didn't want to make a separate patch to include it. But i'm glad it's working though. Anyone got a 3306-12 ssi they want to crack open to take high-res pics of the pcb? I might have it. I'll have to double check later. Btw I have opened up a smart cable.. And believe me.. It would be nearly impossible to do. It has a antera max micro controller. And a whole lot of surface mount components.. Anyway so did I fix the infotech issue for you scotte?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bibms View Post
    Well I never planned on including the gm Sps programmer. But it was requested and I got lazy and didn't want to make a separate patch to include it. But i'm glad it's working though. Anyone got a 3306-12 ssi they want to crack open to take high-res pics of the pcb? I might have it. I'll have to double check later. Btw I have opened up a smart cable.. And believe me.. It would be nearly impossible to do. It has a antera max micro controller. And a whole lot of surface mount components.. Anyway so did I fix the infotech issue for you scotte?
    infotech is working great

thanks for getting the gm reflash app working

i firmly believe its working as its supossed to but otc quit selling it before system 3.0/smart cable and i dont think they ever thought about anybody using it with a smart cable

when you bought the reflash package back in the day you got the expertec dvd,the gm usb security key(goes into the computer to unlock the sps database) and the reflash ssi

there is a manual for it in ngis/ngisuserguide/

its a somewhat interesting read (it also covers reflashing with the tech 2)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Scotte
    This is very good news and I cannt wait to get onboard. It seems my new 2 Gig CF card is not good so I must go buy another one.
    If I can recall correctly the Expertec DVD is a compilation of all the different flash files for GM up to the year of the DVD release, now you must go online to get these file. I already have GM SPS stand alone that goes all the way to 2007 so much can be done if we get this going and by the sound of it it seems we are there.
    OTC make it to only work with the 3306-12 insert you are 100% correct.
    If we get the configuration of 3306-12 mybe we can adapt one of the other smart insert to work because once we get the smart cable you really dont need much of the inserts.

This is GREAT I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again to all those who have help to make this possible and SUPER BIG THANKS TO BIBMS.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Oh by the way The OTC Genisys emmulate the TECH-2 as far as reflashing is concern so that why the readme file are the same as the original THEC-2. There are a few other company that does this emmulation as well, Ease Diagnostic is one of them EASE Diagnostics - The Leader in PC-Based Automotive Diagnostic Solutions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shitad View Post
    Scotte
    This is very good news and I cannt wait to get onboard. It seems my new 2 Gig CF card is not good so I must go buy another one.
    If I can recall correctly the Expertec DVD is a compilation of all the different flash files for GM up to the year of the DVD release, now you must go online to get these file. I already have GM SPS stand alone that goes all the way to 2007 so much can be done if we get this going and by the sound of it it seems we are there.
    OTC make it to only work with the 3306-12 insert you are 100% correct.
    If we get the configuration of 3306-12 mybe we can adapt one of the other smart insert to work because once we get the smart cable you really dont need much of the inserts.

This is GREAT I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again to all those who have help to make this possible and SUPER BIG THANKS TO BIBMS.

Regards

the expertec dvd is a limited version of the sps tis2000 software
    (not having the tech2 updates,tech2 viewer etc)

the dvd i have covers up to 2006 or 2007 iirc

the full gm sps program will work with the (pass thru only)

if you can get a ssi configuration or a way to make the insert happen i can complete my testing (its fairly easy as i have both versions of gm sps,the genisys,a tech 2 and a offboard pcm flashing rig with a spare pcm sitting on my desk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh by the way The OTC Genisys emmulate the TECH-2 as far as reflashing is concern so that why the readme file are the same as the original THEC-2. There are a few other company that does this emmulation as well, Ease Diagnostic is one of them EASE Diagnostics - The Leader in PC-Based Automotive Diagnostic Solutions
    last i heard ease had j2534 flashers but not any devices that emulated the proprietary pass thru of a tech 2

are you referring to a product they no longer sell?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scotte View Post
    last i heard ease had j2534 flashers but not any devices that emulated the proprietary pass thru of a tech 2

are you referring to a product they no longer sell?

I have never use there tool but I have read there setup and its the same as Tech-2 for Tis2000

The pdf I upload is from Ease site at
    http://www.obd2.com/support/reprog/d...is2000-req.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have never use there tool but I have read there setup and its the same as Tech-2 for Tis2000

The pdf I upload is from Ease site at
    http://www.obd2.com/support/reprog/d...is2000-req.pdf
    if you read the pdf they refer to their device as a j2534 passthru

j2534 can be used with gm's sps software but it uses a completely different protocol/driver/language from the device to the pc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If we can't find anyone with the 3306-12 I remember reading somewhere that flashing should be possible on pre obd gm cars I think that's what the sps manual said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bibms View Post
    If we can't find anyone with the 3306-12 I remember reading somewhere that flashing should be possible on pre obd gm cars I think that's what the sps manual said
    yup you can do that (providing you can find a obd1 flashable gm car (i havent seen one in awhile around here (michigan usually rust eats our cars before they get that old

ill work on getting the iso/hack and documentation prepped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Today I bought a 2Gig SanDisk Ultra CF card and loaded the 2010 update, the Asian Diagnostic software did not work well, whenever I choose a manufacturer it starts loading that mamufacturer file, then it comes back to the main menu with the list of all of them.
    Now I an reformating the CF and will reload. I also notice that I did not get the pop-up for the ABS/AirBag smart card during install so the AirBag Icon was not there.
    I will see if it comes back after I reinstall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today I bought a 2Gig SanDisk Ultra CF card and loaded the 2010 update, the Asian Diagnostic software did not work well, whenever I choose a manufacturer it starts loading that mamufacturer file, then it comes back to the main menu with the list of all of them.
    Now I an reformating the CF and will reload. I also notice that I did not get the pop-up for the ABS/AirBag smart card during install so the AirBag Icon was not there.
    I will see if it comes back after I reinstall.
    Correct me if I'm wrong guys. I think that ABS & TPMS are no longer on the main menu, they are accessed in each model now if the model has that option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by NightDragon
    Correct me if I'm wrong guys. I think that ABS & TPMS are no longer on the main menu, they are accessed in each model now if the model has that option.
    Yeah that's right, I still can see tpms, but ABS has been integrated into the main program. Or atleast that's what the current flyer says