Register
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NEW SMGO2.2.1 Starview Connection FIX

Hey guys sorry about the recent connection issues. There has also being an issue with connecting mac addresses received and only 20% were capable of being added. Therefore we have created yet another software release, sorry about this although where trying to give the best service possible therefore this is a must. The new software will resolve any connection issues for previous and new box's, also the final channels will appear following this release and ensure better viewing!

PLEASE NOTE all previous release will become rendered useless within the next 3 days so this UPDATE is a must!

.21 Readme -------------------------------------------------------------------- To install Download SMGO2.21 from http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...v6-7-1700/copy smgo221.ups to a extrernal storage device or usb pen (make sure its formatted to fat 32) insert extrernal storage device or usb pen into the usb ports at the rear of the box Press menu > utility > Usb > uk > SMGO221.ups > ok s/w upgrade > ok wait for s/w upgrade to complete and box to restart once restarted -------------------------------------------------------------------- Factory Default menu > installtion > facotyr default > ok > ok -------------------------------------------------------------------- Scan for Channels menu >installtion > autosearch > ok sybol rate "your symbol rate" > search >wait for search to complete > ok >exit >exit -------------------------------------------------------------------- Activate got to premium channels (ie sly sports 1) press 1819 on the remote -------------------------------------------------------------------- Screen format menu > options > osd setup > screen format > ok > 16:9 > ok > exit > exit
    Last edited by satsmo; 9th June, 2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: link to downloads

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Your slow off the mark, must do better BTW it still needs some work and is beta at best until more test it, but that's just my usual opinion of course.

Don't pull the other one just yet.
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Has anyone tested this

Has anyone tested this

Quote Originally Posted by satsmo View Post
    Your slow off the mark, must do better BTW it still needs some work and is beta at best until more test it, but that's just my usual opinion of course.

Don't pull the other one just yet.

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Yes but not reported it, long awaited welcome to the forum.
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default BOX NOT REGISTERED

hi, i put in the new software and it gave me a box number *****and it said box not registered and not connected please advise
    Last edited by satsmo; 9th June, 2011 at 10:24 PM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by satsmo View Post
    Yes but not reported it, long awaited welcome to the forum.
    Bro was I too late! Have dk members been stealing my threads from other forums again eeeesh!

I assure u this ain't a beta Reply to me pm n I'll explain

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i updated to the new firmware then went to system information to find out it says my box expires october 6th october 2011

whats that all about. i though we were all getting 1 yr free due to all the mess that went on

there is no way on this earth i will be purchasing another starview in october i would rather get a kryptview

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default new firmware

put new firmware on got message saying box not registred

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

so kiddy are you saying boxes which were not afected with the conection isue and were working 100% still need to download the new software.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

nice to see your still working at this time of night.

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by themegakiddy View Post
    Bro was I too late! Have dk members been stealing my threads from other forums again eeeesh!

Your information is attained before it hits forums, but we leave it to others to post it.

I do not need an explanation believe me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default UPDATE

i have updated my 2 boxes, 1 that previously had smgo 2.12 now showing expiry date 23 sept 2011 which i only had since feb 11 whats that all about, are you going off the manufacturing dates!!!!!!
    box 2 has not been registered with any smgo firmware that just keeps saying not registered box and the mac address
    Kiddy you keep saying you're trying your best, but it all appears a little rushed and not properly executed IMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi i did use new version but not all channels come on one box. the other says not registered, can u help x

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by themegakiddy View Post

I have been very critical of Stavu's treatment of punters for some
    time now. To give credit where it's due the new f/ware release
    shows they are trying to sort out the issues box has encountered.
    Unfortunately new fix is creating as many problems as it is fixing.
    Can't see why themegakiddy can't explain situation on open forum rather than via PM. Might be advisable for themegakiddy to clarify whether he is STVU employee or merely a vehicle.Many biblical quotes still ring true today as in "don't shoot the messenger"
    Unfortunately history shows us that many a messenger has indeed been shot because irate punters could not get their hands on the source of their anger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HI

One Box is ok
    The "nd box says not registered and i have a number appear
    any ideas ??

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast