Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wireless Lan Help

Got a Packard Bell Easynote Mit-Rhea c Laptop,it has a Atheros ar5001+ wireless card(i Think) and it only has one Ariel wire on it (checked inside laptop and there is only one wire for it) downloaded and installed drivers but all i get is, Wireless Connection Not Connected Wireless connection not available,the wireless light comes on on the laptop, i have a belkin wireless router and my granddaughters laptop connects no problem

Any advice would be great
    Derek

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derekwd View Post
    Got a Packard Bell Easynote Mit-Rhea c Laptop,it has a Atheros ar5001+ wireless card(i Think) and it only has one Ariel wire on it (checked inside laptop and there is only one wire for it) downloaded and installed drivers but all i get is, Wireless Connection Not Connected Wireless connection not available,the wireless light comes on on the laptop, i have a belkin wireless router and my granddaughters laptop connects no problem

Any advice would be great
    Derek
    reading your post i am taking that the laptop is picking up the router and the network is available.
    is the network you are trying to connect to encrypted in which case you will need a passphrase in order to connect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One antenna should be OK, also should be an option into your driver properties what antenna toy want to use.
    I also found that windows wireless manager is act sometimes funny with atheros cards and separate management software would help.
    You should be able to find it for example attached to Edmimax drivers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gsm_42 View Post
    One antenna should be OK, also should be an option into your driver properties what antenna toy want to use.
    I also found that windows wireless manager is act sometimes funny with atheros cards and separate management software would help.
    You should be able to find it for example attached to Edmimax drivers.
    Thanks for the reply m8, no its not picking up the network, even when the laptop is at the side of my router, but my granddaughters lappy picks it up no problem.

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

try turning modem wireless encyption off
    it maybe older wireless cards dont like modern encryption
    if that fails get a usb wireless dongle it will cope with modern encryption had same problem with older laptops quite cheap as well these days DYNAMODE "N", 150MBPS, MINI USB ADAPTER around ?6 if you shop around using one myself never misses a beat
    Last edited by alboke; 18th June, 2011 at 04:53 PM.