Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Driver download is crashing my PC????

I used a kill disk program to delete my hard drive and have downloaded all new drivers with success except the WLAN one. Each time I download it (even from different sites) and the manufacturers have sent it to me on a disk - the PC crashes and has to be restarted and returned to "Last known good configuration".

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how to cure it?

What would be the problem if I leave it disabled?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

possible that device is demaged or broken. try using some bootable linux like knoppix and see if ti detects automatic your device. ih it work on linux then your problem is eather with dirvers or with os.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am running XP Pro and each time it detects new hardward but I just cant seem to get any working drivers for it although I have downloaded them and got them from the supplier.

Just cant seem to figure it out