Which do you recommend and why?

Kind Regards

Styla

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

If the DM800 was a clone then I'd probably choose that as it's dirt cheap and you can install and internal hard drive for PVR.

If you are talking about buying a genuine DM800 then I'd go for the VU+ machine, simply as I think genuine Dream Multimedia hardware is overpriced.

If you are going for a genuine DM800 then go directly for the VU+ Duo, that is far better than the DM800.

The Technomate 800 is a bit of a bargain. It's finally fit for purpose and offers internal Wifi LAN which other Linux boxes don't as well as supporting more video codecs than other Linux boxes, so it's a rather spiffing media player
    Last edited by C64; 27th June, 2011 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well if your talking Clone Dm800HD vs VU SOLO...then the the Dm800HD, purely on price alone it's a better deal.

If it was original Dm800HD vs VU Solo, I would say avoid them both...they are both vastly overpriced and the VU DUO is not much more in price than the SOLO so buy the DUO instead.

Or if your wiling to spend the 360 on a a DUO, then buy a clone DM8000HD which is superior...quad tuner support, Built in DVD drive etc etc..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Vu+Duo any day over the DM800,I've got both and the duo is top dog.If you really want it the price doesnt matter imo.
    Freck