Free Huawei Modem Unlocking and Support Thread - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Now you can Unlock your Huawei E5830, E5832 and E5838 Free!

Follow this link:
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...8/#post1179441

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jim.Mahoney View Post
    Apart from the Huawei E220 what else can't be unlocked easily?

As mentioned earlier E1550 from Globe is doctored so that it can't be unlocked!

Most modems that have 04 as their 7th and 8th digit in their IMEI. e.g: ******-04-******-* as these seem to have a new lock algorithm. They can be unlocked but not for free!!

Routers like the B960, B970 and E58xx series can not be unlocked by free code. These can only be unlocked by cable and "paid for" software.

All of the stand alone 3G/Wi-Fi devices are also on the "not for free" list.

Most can be unlocked using www.dc-unlocker.com but you'll need to buy credits.

Don't even bother if you have a Globe E1550 that came in a red box, these are currently impossible to unlock by any method!

howzit Jim

using the vodafone e220 and realy wanna use my cell c sim card in it.....when iput the sm in...it reads but wanna flash it wit the cell c software(dont have btw)

can't connect with vmc on the usb obvoiusly.....

ay ideas?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joe gp View Post
    howzit Jim

using the vodafone e220 and realy wanna use my cell c sim card in it.....when iput the sm in...it reads but wanna flash it wit the cell c software(dont have btw)

can't connect with vmc on the usb obvoiusly.....

ay ideas?

If you have a E220 from Vodacom South Africa, it is not network locked! The Vodafone Connect software (dashboard) however, will not let you use another SIM card - It doesn't recognise any network that isn't Vodafone!

You can use a PC installed version of Huawei Mobile Partner in place of the Vodafone Connect dashboard. You can also flash Mobile Partner upgrade to the device itself replacing the Vodafone self-install with the Huawei Mobile Partner self-install.

PC Installed and device upgrade versions can be found here: http://www.dc-files.com/files/huawei/modems/E220/

If you propose to use the modem on Cell C in South Africa, you will only get EDGE (or 2.5G as its sometimes called) because the E220 only has HPDPA on 2100MHz. The device only supports EDGE on 900MHz and 1800MHz. Cell C HSDPA/HSPA+ is to be found on 900MHz only! ** Note: If the modem is set in "3G Only" mode it will not see a signal from Cell C at all **

If running the PC installed version of Mobile Partner, ensure that the Vodafone Connect software does not try to start up at the same time!

As Cell C will not give HSDPA speeds on the E220, you might want to look at trying 8.ta which does give HSDPA provided you are connected (via roaming) on a MTN cell. I think they are the cheapest for pre-paid data bundles at present.

You will need to set up a connect profile in Mobile Partner:

Profile setting for 8.ta, Cell C, Vodacom and MTN are all identical:

Static Profile
    APN: internet
    Dial String: *99#
    Username: <blank>
    Password: <blank>

Effectively you can set up one profile called SA Data and it can be used with all networks except Virgin Mobile.

I hope that helps!

Last edited by Jim.Mahoney; 18th July, 2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Spooling mistook! :)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Do you keep on getting your modem trying to auto-install over your PC installed copy of Mobile Partner?

If the version on your PC does not match the dashboard on the device (even if its newer) it will always try to re-install.

You can either disable the auto-run feature on your computer or look at the file called SysConfig file on the modem and search for the section towards the end of this file highlighted below:

Look for this section:

[EHIDS_PRODUCT_VERSION]
    COMMENT=
    RUN_INSTALL_APP=YES
    RUN_CLIENT_APP=YES
    L_REG_PATH=SOFTWARE\Huawei technologies\Mobile Partner
    APP_FILE_NAME=Mobile Partner.exe
    SETUP_NAME=setup.exe
    APP_INSTALL_PATH=Mobile Partner
    VALUE=16.001.06.01.500

The line in your file may vary from this of course!

The file that you need to edit on your PC can be found in \Program Files\Mobile Partner\ and it is also called SysConfig and it must have exact match for this line!

If it doesn't edit it to read exactly the same!

You may need to change the read attributes of this file before you edit it!

You can also edit the line RUN_INSTALL_APP=YES to RUN_INSTALL_APP=NO instead. However, if you do this any new modem will not auto-install unless you manually remove Mobile Partner first!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jim.Mahoney View Post
    Huawei Mobile Partner allows for as many profiles as you can to enter! This can cause problems when you forget to select the one that you want to use before connecting!

If you are going to use Orange on a regular basis, then make it the default profile. The 619 error usually means that it's a setting issue and probably just a typo at that!

Sometimes old dial up profiles are still on the PC. Without knowing if you are running Windows XP, Vista or 7 - talking you through this is not easy.

I've attached a APN updater which probably only works under Windows XP. Ignore the "out of date" warning when running. It should add just about any network profile you care to name.

Go back and edit your Orange Profile and for add the following: User Name: user Password: pass This shouldn't be needed but worth a try!

If this doesn't work, switch the modem to another USB port if possible, let the drivers load but cancel the 3 software install if it tries to load.

If still no joy, let me know what Windows you are using.
    is there an updated version that will work with Windows 7, can it be added as part of the onboard "mobile partner" installation for say when I use numerous PC's. i.e. i have all the profiles loaded when I install the programme??

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wurzel21 View Post
    is there an updated version that will work with Windows 7, can it be added as part of the onboard "mobile partner" installation for say when I use numerous PC's. i.e. i have all the profiles loaded when I install the programme??
    Sadly, there is no updated version of the profile tool.

Dependant on your modem, if it has a microSD slot I would place a copy on the memory card. They are as cheap as a bag of chips now plus it works as a handy flash drive!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

For those of you with modems not supported by free unlock codes all is not lost!

DC-Unlock is probably the most reliable unlocking service that I have come across.I have used it several times for obscure modems that I see from time to time.

Their prices can be found here: http://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy/user_prices

Each credit is valued at one Euro and for a device like the Huawei E367 the unlock is 7 credits (i.e. 7 Euro) or just under ?6.20 which is quite reasonable.

It's even better for some devices like the Vodafone K4505 where only four credits are required which is about ?3.50 per modem!

You'll also see that many other devices and phones are supported, these are beyond the scope of this post which of course relates to Huawei modems only.

To see if your modem is supported have a look at this page: http://www.dc-unlocker.com/supported_models_1/huawei_1

If it says "all non-customised firmware supported" for your device. I would suggest that you download the client software and read the device. The program will inform you if your firmware is customised or not.

Get the client software here: http://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads

Two things to be aware of:

1. Some anti-virus software will flag the client software as infected. It's not but this is due to lazy programmers at the anti-virus company. A program like this is encrypted to stop it being "reverse engineered" otherwise it would end up cracked on the internet for free! Some anti-virus software (especially NOD32) can't handle this, so you'll have to set an exclusion in the AV program for the client software.

2. All dashboard software MUST be closed down and that means not running at all. Some Vodafone software even leaves helper files running in background! Windows Task Manager should be used to identify and temporarily close them while running the client program.

But what if you have "customised firmware" I hear you say? Well in many cases just a simple firmware upgrade fixes this problem. Obviously it must be for the same device and because it's for the same device a flash authority code should not be required. If your modems firmware will not upgrade, then I'm sorry to say that you are stuck with a locked modem!

A source of firmware can be found here: http://www.dc-files.com/

Use the drop down box and icon to the right to navigate the site for the required firmware.

Just a simple explanation of customised firmware. In many cases networks have this loaded during manufacture and it usually has be customised to prevent unlock code entry and in some cases prevents new profiles being used. Most European networks do not use customised firmware but in Asia it is quite common!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

For most users, the connection manager supplied with the USB modem is sufficient for getting connected and managing your modem. However, some users (especially those not using Windows computers) prefer to manage their modem directly, using AT commands. Here***8217;s some useful commands for USB modems.

Windows Hyperterminal or similar will do the job nicely...

Selecting an APN
    +CGDCONT=1,***8221;IP***8221;,***8221;apn name***8221; e.g. for Vodafone UK - AT+CGDCONT=1,***8221;IP***8221;,***8221;internet** *8221;

Querying signal strength
    +CSQ Returns two comma separated numbers. The first number is the signal strength (RSSI), the second number is unused. Here***8217;s how to interpret RSSI: 0 <= -113dBm 1 -111dBm 2 ***8211; 30 -109dBm to -53dBm 31 >= -51dBm 99 Unknown level.

Setting operating mode
    +CFUN=x 0 Low power mode 1 Online 4 Offline 6 Reset device 7 Turn off radio

Get manufacturer information
    +CGMI

Get software version
    +CGMR

Get SIM IMSI number
    +CIMI

Get device IMEI
    +CGSN

Get hardware version
    ^HWVER

Change PIN
    +CPWD=SC,old pin, new pin

Enable PIN
    +CLCK=SC,mode,pin Mode: 0=unlock, 1=lock, 2=query state

Query system information
    ^SYSINFO
    Returns: status, domain, roaming status, mode, SIM state
    Status 0 No service. 1 Restricted service 2 Valid service 3 Restricted regional service. 4 Power-saving and deep sleep state

Domain 0 No service. 1 Only CS service 2 Only PS service 3 PS+CS service 4 CS and PS not registered, searching
    Roaming 0 Non roaming state 1 Roaming state
    Mode 0 No service. 1 AMPS mode (not in use currently) 2 CDMA mode (not in use currently) 3 GSM/GPRS mode 4 HDR mode 5 WCDMA mode 6 GPS mode
    SIM state 0 Invalid USIM card state or pin code locked 1 Valid USIM card state 2 USIM is invalid in case of CS 3 USIM is invalid in case of PS 4 USIM is invalid in case of either CS or PS 255 USIM card is not existent.

Network selection
    +COPS=? Return a list of networks
    +COPS=mode, format, operator
    Mode 0 Automatic 1 Manual 4 If manual fails, try automatic
    Format 1 Long alpha 2 Short alpha 3 Numeric
    Operator Either the long alpha name, the short operator alpha code or the numeric code
    Status 0 unknown 1 available 2 current 3 forbidden.

System Config
    ^SYSCFG=mode, order, band, roaming, domain
    Mode 2 Automatic search 13 2G ONLY 14 3G ONLY 16 No change
    Order 0 Automatic search 1 2G first, then 3G 2 3G first, then 2G 3 No change
    Band 80 GSM DCS systems 100 Extended GSM 900 200 Primary GSM 900 200000 GSM PCS 400000 WCDMA IMT 2000 3FFFFFFF Any band 40000000 No change of band
    Roaming 0 Not supported 1 Roaming is supported 2 No change Domain 0 CS_ONLY 1 PS_ONLY 2 CS_PS 3 ANY 4 No change.
    Last edited by Jim.Mahoney; 2nd August, 2011 at 09:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

annoying this!

how do i find m ime flippin i number? imei?

i know its writen inside but i cant get inside, is there a tool to read imei?

huawei E160G
    Last edited by kannabis; 20th August, 2011 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok done it unlocked, but sim card not accepted

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kannabis View Post
    ok done it unlocked, but sim card not accepted
    Not a lot to go on here!

Does it say "SIM Card Not Accepted" or do you just not get a network??

Please give more detail about the device, the original and new networks...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I followed the unlocking instructions but the generated code was not accepted ?

I have an E353 - is that model supported yet ?

I used the non branded mobile partner dashboard s/w because my 3 dashboard s/w did not ask for an unlock code when I used a non 3 SIM card

I also have another completely different issue

Certain '3 network' SIMs will only work in a phone and not a dongle because I have been told they check the IMEI number

I was wondering if I could change the IMEI number of my dongle to that of my 3 phone to get round this ?

I tried using a piece of s/w called Qualcomm QPST but when I tried to update the IMEI number it fails saying it is read only

Prior to the write request I am asked for a 'service programming' code which defaults to all zeros - the flash code generated by the SBC code calculator has a different number of digits so they do not seem to be the same thing ?

Im a complete newbie to all this so if I have made any silly mistakes then apologies in advance
    Last edited by bayharbourbutcher; 23rd August, 2011 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kannabis View Post
    annoying this!

how do i find m ime flippin i number? imei?

i know its writen inside but i cant get inside, is there a tool to read imei?

huawei E160G
    watch this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9F01WXkfec]How to find your 3G modem / dongle IMEI Number - YouTube[/ame]

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bayharbourbutcher View Post
    I followed the unlocking instructions but the generated code was not accepted ?

I have an E353 - is that model supported yet ?

I used the non branded mobile partner dashboard s/w because my 3 dashboard s/w did not ask for an unlock code when I used a non 3 SIM card

I also have another completely different issue

Certain '3 network' SIMs will only work in a phone and not a dongle because I have been told they check the IMEI number

I was wondering if I could change the IMEI number of my dongle to that of my 3 phone to get round this ?

I tried using a piece of s/w called Qualcomm QPST but when I tried to update the IMEI number it fails saying it is read only

Prior to the write request I am asked for a 'service programming' code which defaults to all zeros - the flash code generated by the SBC code calculator has a different number of digits so they do not seem to be the same thing ?

Im a complete newbie to all this so if I have made any silly mistakes then apologies in advance
    Most new Huawei modems use a new algorithm and can't be unlocked by this calculator.

The E353 is supported by DC Unlocker provided the device does not have customised firmware. You can download the software and read the modem info and this will tell you if its customised or not. The unlock cost 15 Euro.

www.dc-unlocker.com

Changing the IMEI is illegal and carries a 5 year jail term in the UK. You can't do it in any case without special equipment...

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Firmware Updates:

E583x and K3765

For those looking for firmware of the above, look here:

E583x and E5832s: http://www.dc-files.com/files/huawei/modems/E5832s/

K3765: http://www.dc-files.com/files/huawei/modems/K3765/

For those who converted their K3765 to a E1762, this firmware will convert it back to a K3765.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast