Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default MH3 + IOS55 Bug Fix = ERROR! (ret = -1035/2011)

Okay yesterday I was installing Wads just fine and today I get "ERROR! (ret = -1035/2011)" the wads I am trying to install are a fix for the monster hunter tri game, just IOS38, 53, 55, 55 fix. I have restarted the Wii, turned it off for 10 minutes and back on but it wont install these Wad files. I googled and it said if I updated my system menu then I should downgrade but I have left it at 4.2e since I got the Wii and havent done any updates to the system at all. It says to downgrade but I read that could damage my Wii so I would like to avoid that, its just annoying cause everytime I start MH3 get past the video intros and press play it crashes and makes a loud buzzing noise.

EDIT: I got MH3 to work by installing the Hermes 223 install with 57 merged with 58 but I still get this ret error when installing a wad...
    Last edited by Konkor; 6th July, 2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Additional info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Konkor View Post
    Okay yesterday I was installing Wads just fine and today I get "ERROR! (ret = -1035/2011)" the wads I am trying to install are a fix for the monster hunter tri game, just IOS38, 53, 55, 55 fix. I have restarted the Wii, turned it off for 10 minutes and back on but it wont install these Wad files. I googled and it said if I updated my system menu then I should downgrade but I have left it at 4.2e since I got the Wii and havent done any updates to the system at all. It says to downgrade but I read that could damage my Wii so I would like to avoid that, its just annoying cause everytime I start MH3 get past the video intros and press play it crashes and makes a loud buzzing noise.

EDIT: I got MH3 to work by installing the Hermes 223 install with 57 merged with 58 but I still get this ret error when installing a wad...
    have you got the wads in the wad folder and not inside a folder inside another folder?
    there is no need to downgrade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I usually just stick the Wads on the root of the SD card, there was a Wad folder created but I have never had trouble I shall try the Wad folder then get back to you.

EDIT: Tried to make a folder called root:/wad/nameoftitlehere.wad and it still doesnt work gives me ERROR! (ret = -2011) this is for the USB GX Forwarder. I am using MMM if that helps?
    Last edited by Konkor; 7th July, 2011 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Some apps/downloads say put the wads in the SD root and some say put them into the wad folder. It doesn't really make much difference if your using something like Multi-Mod Manager 13.4 as you can search the SD card for them then install them.
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well the previous Wad files I have installed I always stuck on the root of the SD, but now out of the blue I get "ERROR! (ret = -2011" everytime I try to install a WAD. It wouldnt install wad files that changed cIOS and now it wont install the forwarder wads for wiiflow and usbgx. What can I do? I have googled but no one has seemed to have 2011

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I usually just stick the Wads on the root of the SD card, there was a Wad folder created but I have never had trouble I shall try the Wad folder then get back to you.

EDIT: Tried to make a folder called root:/wad/nameoftitlehere.wad and it still doesnt work gives me ERROR! (ret = -2011) this is for the USB GX Forwarder. I am using MMM if that helps?
    to install the new gx forwarder channels you need IOS58 Installer - WiiBrew try that and get back to us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

It wouldnt install wad files that changed cIOS and now it wont install the forwarder wads for wiiflow and usbgx.
    When I installed USB Loader GX and Wiiflow I used cIOS249 v17.wad it also works for Configurable USB Loader. Just use Multi-Mod Manager to install the wad from the wad folder, I haven't bothered with the forwarder.
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MMM just wont install any wad files at all now :/ but wadmanager by wanikoko (i think thats right?) works perfect.