Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Don't know the pin code!!!

I have a linux balckbox receiver exactly like the DM500. I receive all Astra 28 channles.

I was wondering i could connect my astra 19 sattelite and receive channels particualr sattleite.

Like on normal sat receiver there is the otpion of scann but it requires a code however the person i bought this box from hasn't provided me with it. is there any way of me being able to hack that code?

Or can i just plug my new sat cable into the box and it will automatically search the chanles in new found channels bouqet??

Help would be appreciated thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

back up the box then re flash it is there a line in it is that y u can't wipe it save the cam files first then flash away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sat7Supplier View Post
    I have a linux balckbox receiver exactly like the DM500. I receive all Astra 28 channles.

I was wondering i could connect my astra 19 sattelite and receive channels particualr sattleite.

Like on normal sat receiver there is the otpion of scann but it requires a code however the person i bought this box from hasn't provided me with it. is there any way of me being able to hack that code?

Or can i just plug my new sat cable into the box and it will automatically search the chanles in new found channels bouqet??

If you mean you have a seprate dish pointing to 19 then just plug that into the box and scan 19e.

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Here's a handy tip for anybody who has forgotten their pin code for parentall/setting lock.
    FTP to box using filezilla or DCC,
    Go to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma.
    Go to a file called config.
    Right click and click on view/edit,
    Look for the lines.
    i:/elitedvb/pins/parentallock=00000123
    i:/elitedvb/pins/setuplock=00000123
    These are hex numbers.
    Open your Windows calculator in Scientific mode,
    Click on Hex,enter the value minus the zeros in front of them,
    Click on Dec and that's your pin number.

Cheers,
    bugsy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default setup pin

my cc supplier gave me dm500 without the setup key. How do I access the key codes as I need to change the settings for my sat configuration and her refuses to give that to me. I tried the above way but cannot find the lines mentioned. i cannot use dcc bcos the telnet closes as the login/password is incorrect root/dreambox.
    could somebody please help me?
    thanks
    TS

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

if the bloke you bought the box off
    has locked you out so you cant do anything with it

change the password on the box
    then ftp into the box save the cfg file
    then do what ever you want with YOUR box

download via dm500 addons

a plugin called Tuxcom

which when installed becomes

TuxBox Commander

start TuxBox Commander
    scroll down to var
    OK
    scroll down to etc
    OK
    down to passwd and press 4 (edit) ( file name passwd not passwd- )
    OK on first line
    RED to clear line
    enter root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh with remote buttons like an writing an SMS
    OK
    EXIT
    save YES
    EXIT
    save YES
    EXIT
    EXIT
    EXIT
    then login with dcc or telnet ect
    login root
    no pass !

Last edited by davvo; 9th July, 2011 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

He wil most likely find that the download menu is password protected to prevent people from installing Tux Commander so that they can change the password. I think the people who supply boxes with cline installed are aware of this method for getting round passwords.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

if thats the case then he is ~~~~~ed
    Last edited by davvo; 9th July, 2011 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sat7Supplier View Post

If your box is configured for a fixed dish then it won't be able to see the 19e sat. You could connect the cable , turn the dish and see if you get anything appearing in the 'All' part of your bouquet.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

if both passwords for setup and login are not known and there is no access to the Tuxbox Commander plugin on the box, you will need to connect the box to a PC using DreamUP software and make a backup image of the flash, saving this backup flash image to your PC. you can then view/extract the contents of the var partition on this backup image. you can then reflash a new unmodified image to box using DreamUP and re-upload any required files from the extracted var partition back onto the new clean image on your box. a search for ViewVar-dm500 (Windows Tool) may help you with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for your quick reply. managed to get the correct cable and used Dream up to connect. I then saved a backup image. However when I open with Viewvar it take me to a image and sub folder cramfs/root/platform/kernel and shows me two more folders marked "os" and "bild". which means i am definitely off the mark and lost. when i click the .bat in view var it says it cannot find the backup image. what am i doing incorrectly?
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I were you I'd give the supplier a choice ..to give you the passwords for your box or to give you your money back....im sure they will hand over the password to you.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by torontostar View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply. managed to get the correct cable and used Dream up to connect. I then saved a backup image. However when I open with Viewvar it take me to a image and sub folder cramfs/root/platform/kernel and shows me two more folders marked "os" and "bild". which means i am definitely off the mark and lost. when i click the .bat in view var it says it cannot find the backup image. what am i doing incorrectly?
    Thanks
    Try putting the back up image in the same folder as the
    software
    Double clicking should then open the image
    Giving access to the files you need to view....Paul
    If your Happy with the Help push the Thanx button
    PAUL

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by torontostar View Post
    Thanks
    you need to rename your backup file to "backup.img" and drop it into the view-var folder before double clicking the bat as plasterer says.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i did as you and plasterer advised. Perfedt. I am now able to see the files and can see etc/passwd and etc/passwd-
    Which of these would give me the password for root and set up pin so that I can edit them and flash back the same image to the box?
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast