Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cars on veg oil

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    609 Posts

IF U LIKE THE CAR U DRIVE THEN NEVER USE IT M8 .. ITS FOR OLD SHIT HEAPS
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smirnoff_rules View Post
    IF U LIKE THE CAR U DRIVE THEN NEVER USE IT M8 .. ITS FOR OLD SHIT HEAPS
    I went to Carlisle specifically to get a 1.9 td xantia for the purposes of running on veg!! cost me ?1000 R reg genuine 28k on the clock!!!! Old dude 80 yrs old had it from new!!
    Works a treat on bio but never tried straight veg as found a bio vendor...
    Will try the oil from costco and let you know..
    I have some e-books on bio diesel kaming your own etc. and i seem to remember that straight veg oil runs better if diluted with 10% white spirits and Waste veg oil with 3% once filtered that way there is no need for a 500? fuel heater conversion!!

Jocky

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
    Supposedly works best with cars that have a Bosch pump.
    yep the one with the bosch pumps works the best ie

can go stright veh oil

the lucas need a twin tank system fitted

some bmw will need a new heavy lift pump fitted they work great with the ones the dirt bikes use

the best is bio diesel made properly filtered down to few micron will do the trick great

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It can't be that difficult to make a Bio-Diesel unit. The price they charge is very high considering the very few components that make the unit up. Maybe we should put our heads together and make a DK one

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am v interested in making bio-diesel from waste oils. Sunday times pointed to these guys yesterday http://www.hxxp://www.greenfuels.co....info-help.aspx.

Presumably this is far better than straight veg oil and can be used in any standard diesel ?

Meanwhile got this recently - dunno if old news

Tips on Filling your Vehicles...
    This is a Message received from a friend:
    I don't know what you guys are paying for petrol... but here in Durban, we are also paying higher, up to 47.35 per litre. But my line of work is in petroleum for about 31 years now, so here are some tricks to get more of your money's worth for every litre.
    Here at the Marian Hill Pipeline, where I work in Durban, we deliver about 4 million litres in a 24-hour period thru the pipeline.
    One day is diesel; the next day is jet fuel, and petrol, LRP and Unleaded. We have 34-storage tanks here with a total capacity of 16,800,000 litres.
    ONLY BUY OR FILL UP YOUR CAR OR BIKKIE IN THE EARLY MORNING WHEN THE GROUND TEMPERATURE IS STILL COLD. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground, the denser the fuel, when it gets warmer petrol expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening.... your litre is not exactly a litre.
    In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the petrol, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products play an important role. A 1degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.
    Compiled by Ramesh Patel on 16.03.2008 @ 10:00Hrs. Page 1 of 2
    WHEN YOU'RE FILLING UP, DO NOT SQUEEZE THE TRIGGER OF THE NOZZLE TO A FAST MODE. If you look, you will see that the trigger has three (3) stages: low,
    Compiled by Ramesh Patel on 16.03.2008 @ 10:00Hrs. Page 2 of 2
    middle, and high. In slow mode, you should be pumping on low speed, thereby minimizing the vapours that are created, while you are pumping. All hoses at the pump have a vapour return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some of the liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapour. Those vapours are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.
    ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT TIPS IS TO FILL UP WHEN YOUR TANK IS HALF FULL. The reason for this is, the more fuel you have in your tank, the less air occupying its empty space. Petrol evaporates faster than you can imagine. Petroleum storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the petrol and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation.
    Unlike service stations, here where I work, every truck that we load is temperature compensated, so that every litre is actually the exact amount.
    ANOTHER REMINDER, IF THERE IS A FUEL TRUCK PUMPING INTO THE STORAGE TANKS, WHEN YOU STOP TO BUY, DO NOT FILL UP - most likely the petrol/diesel is being stirred up as the fuel is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom.
    Hope, this will help you get the maximum value for your money.
    DO SHARE THESE TIPS WITH OTHERS! LET?S SHARE INFORMATION AND BENEFIT ALL, FOR THE BETTER OF MANKIND.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

I've run a Synergie on a mixture of cooking oil and a small amount of diesel for ages now.

Have you all noticed veg oil has gone up to almost the same as diesel.

It has where I live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frankharrison View Post
    Hi,

I've run a Synergie on a mixture of cooking oil and a small amount of diesel for ages now.

Have you all noticed veg oil has gone up to almost the same as diesel.

It has where I live!
    Veg oil Costs a fortune round our way out the supermarkets here as well.

Worth it if you can get a costco card though, got a friend running a 1.9 van on around 86p a litre.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12