Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default searching for the right software

I have a collection of photo's and video clips of my little grandson. I want to put these in unto a disc in their order of date they were taken, with the addition of music the the background. I want the the layout to be similar to how the photo's can be displayed on the ps3. Firstly can anyone send me a link or links i need in order that i can download the required software i might find useful that doesn't require a masters degree on how to use. I have photo shop and ixilsoft but i'm told i will require other software but i no not what. Hope you can help me. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR REPLIES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clem58 View Post
    I have a collection of photo's and video clips of my little grandson. I want to put these in unto a disc in their order of date they were taken, with the addition of music the the background. I want the the layout to be similar to how the photo's can be displayed on the ps3. Firstly can anyone send me a link or links i need in order that i can download the required software i might find useful that doesn't require a masters degree on how to use. I have photo shop and ixilsoft but i'm told i will require other software but i no not what. Hope you can help me. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR REPLIES.

There are loads of choices. Look here as an example. Although it states movies, I'm 100% sure it can handle jpg's as well as avi's etc. I haven't used it for ages, but you want photos in order. Of course that depends on whether all pictures were taken on the same camera. If so it should be easy, if not it should still be ok. Basically all this software work in the same manner. Just drop each picture in the order you want (or a batch if they are sorted as you want), then control how long each photo is viewed for. So for example 5 photos viewed for 10 secs each would be total length of 50 secs. On a new timeline jst drop mp3 of choice and cut it at 50 secs.

A timeline just runs from left to right in segments of say 1 sec or 10 sec ( it doesn't matter).

The second timeline just runs underneath the first one so it is easy to line them up. There is loads you can do like fade out/in from 1 pic to the next. You can add more than 1 mp3 to a timeline so for example after 50 pics at 10 secs (500 secs) you grandson is now out of nappies and walking, and you want new song. Just drop new mp3 on same timeline at the exact photo (seen in timeline above) you want it to start from.

Harder to explain than do.
    Last edited by Lyrrad; 13th July, 2011 at 09:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

i done a similar thing with photo's and video footage of my lads 2years in nursery/graduation type thing.

i used windows movie maker,
    its proberly basic compared to the commercial stuff available, but you can add photo's, music, video clips with basic effects.

and as its free , might be worth a look.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Dvd santa absolute piece of piss to add music to photos to create a slide show

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Dvd santa absolute piece of piss to add music to photos to create a slide show

This tut shows how easy it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for your replies peeps, i'm downloading pinnacle studio at the minute, i'm hav a hard time trying to explain what it is i'm trying to achieve. My granddaughter has an idea of what i'm talking about but adds that it is very difficult to achieve. She tell me that adobe photo shop manipulates the actual vids and photos but i want to make the actual video compilation easy to watch. If any of you guys have a ps3 look at how there are different methods of how to display you photo catalogue. I might be asking for a very tall order, if i won't be offended if its beyond me. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ASSISTANCE MUCH APPRECIATED.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've been trying to install pinnacle but i keep gettin ERROR MESSAGE 1327.INVALID DRIVE:Z:\ Do you know why and what if anything can i do anything about it.