Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Manual searching, still possible on SV7?????

Hi all. On the old SV4 you used to be able to search for any missing channels using the manual search feature, and there were lists available with all the search frequencies. Is there such a list now? I wanted to attempt to retrieve a couple of missing channels (most are fine). I really wanted to watch American Dad!!!

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

to do that you will need the frequency of said channels to do a manual scan on from direct feed.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Chances are that the channel is missing from the server and a search won't pick it up.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

it is not the server you scan as that is on lan cable,its the other provider on cable should list it when scanned,he has not said either way if there or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    it is not the server you scan as that is on lan cable,its the other provider on cable should list it when scanned,he has not said either way if there or not.
    Not quite sure what you mean cactikid but the channel is listed, but it comes and goes (even though connected), hence asking about the manual scanning. Another thing that I find strange is that some FTA channels don't appear.

If it's not possible fair enough.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blues beno View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean
    Join the club.

I assume you're wanting to watch FX? Unfortunately that channel is not available on the SV server at present so no amount of manual scanning will help you out on that one I'm afraid. Hopefully it will come back soon.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blues beno View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean cactikid but the channel is listed, but it comes and goes (even though connected), hence asking about the manual scanning. Another thing that I find strange is that some FTA channels don't appear.

If it's not possible fair enough.
    if the channel comes and goes what is the signal and quality level,if you pick it up cant see a manual scan helping.
    when scanning are you doing it from a main feed from strongest feed,fta should scan in nothing to do with sv,have you scanned correct provider,last thing are you paying a min sub like tv package or just bb or all.?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Spot on Tony! I will check the signal strength etc as Kid suggested though. Thanks guys.