Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 1st line support interview help needed

I've finally got myself an I.T 1st line support role interview! I have never worked in this field, but it's something I would like to do.

I am confident in my customer service skills aspect, which I will talk to death about.

Does anybody know any technical buzz words that I could use? It's a brand new area for me!

I would also apreciate any other advice for the interview.

thanks in advance!

Here's the job description:

Logging all faults and requests into the Call Management system
    ?- Trouble-shoot faults and resolve or route incidents to the 2nd/3rd line support teams when necessary
    ?- Be proactive in chasing customer faults with other teams to ensure they are resolved
    ?- Provide an excellent level of [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]customer [COLOR=blue !important]care[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] at all times including remaining calm when dealing with difficult customers
    ?- Ensure that the professionalism required by the Service Desk is adhered to at all times.
    ?You will need to be an experienced IT Service/Help Desk professional who has worked on a telephone based desk supporting a large user base. You will also need full knowledge of supporting MS Office (including Outlook).

My knowledge on MS Office is okay, mainly word to be honest. Ive used powerpoint and excel in the past but would be rusty. So naturally not feeling to confident about it.
    I am however pretty good at other pc related problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default interview

Pro active is a good buzz word always good to use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

try this one mate............' have you tried, ctrl, alt, delete '

mick.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Focus on your previous customer service skills. They will have inhouse software that you will be trained on. No real IT knowledge is needed, everything is done via a GUI similar to windows trouble shooter.

'Working as part of a team' usually makes 'em smile
    Canker

"Animal, vegetable or mineral... I'll do anything, to anything, with anything"
    - The Baby Eating Bishop of Bath & Wells
    [COLOR=Green]