Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Lexia won't clear codes

Hi.

I have a Lexia clone interface, I had been using it to help diagnose some odd issues with my car (2002 VTS).

The car cut out with it connected, so I cycled the ignition and went to check the stored codes. It had logged some injector faults (as it had been doing anyway), so I went to clear them as I have done before.

It failed though;

Retrying does not help.

I can read faults, and I can read and clear faults on the BSI/Airbag ECU etc - just not properly on the engine ECU.

If I induce a few more faults and get the MIL light back on, I can then read the new faults and when I hit erase I get the same error as above but it DOES clear the new faults.

I am however, left with faults with no associated variables.

No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of these.

Any suggestions? ECU Software details;

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Welcome, looks like a bit of a desperate post, joined on August 2011, so thats today or yesterday. Try another scanner on it, if it clears the codes then you know your Lexia is ~~~~~ed or needs an update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did indeed join to just to post about this (plenty of other stuff to digest as well though I can see now!)

I've got an ELM327 interface that will clear codes when the MIL is on, but it won't show these 'phantom' codes that the Lexia is showing. It's not causing a problem at the moment, as I can clear the codes. I'm just worried that something more sinister might be developing;

This thread outlines was I was trying to diagnose when it cut out whilst plugged in;

2002 Xsara VTS Injector / Ignition Drivers / ECU overheating?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

You can try to update lexia (as liteace said), look here: (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ternet-155768/)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

hi Mate! same happened to me when I diagnosed a Picasso 1.6 8V

btw. I recognise you from CXOC