Thanked in
    1 Post

Alright cool thanks all I'll let you know how it goes

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

SAR's have really small radiators in them are pretty prone to running hot specially if ya pulling heavy or climbing lots of hills... but in an interesting thought you maybe better going for 600hp and not using it all, that way the it should run cooler and also fuel consumption will be better than a 525 or 550 ringing its neck, ive seen a few trials runing signatures at 580 and 620 and at 620 the engine gets about .2km/l better pulling same load, if its using less fuel and not working as hard it should run cooler... just something to think about... if its ya own truck your gunna look after it and be gentle so not too much worry with bumping it up, as long as the gearbox and diffs can handle it... but saying that seeing the difference a between 565/580 and 620 id never put a driver in a truck at 620!! goodluck hope you manage to get a good run out if it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i need someone who can give me info about the metafiles of calterm lll

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angel suero View Post
    i need someone who can give me info about the metafiles of calterm lll
    wrong thread, look in the calterm thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Might give it a go I'll let you know about the results.
    1 more thing while poking around on the tag with the cpl 2965 it also says 525 max hp
    Is this just a warning or what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will12345 View Post
    Might give it a go I'll let you know about the results.
    1 more thing while poking around on the tag with the cpl 2965 it also says 525 max hp
    Is this just a warning or what?
    That is for the calibration in the engine at the time of engine build dyno test.
    obviously if you uprate or derate the engine that HP figure will change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1 more thing is there any of these programs that will give me more rev's say 2150 or is 2031 gonna be the best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will12345 View Post
    1 more thing is there any of these programs that will give me more rev's say 2150 or is 2031 gonna be the best
    For CPL2965, 2000 RPM is the best you'll get

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What factors do I need to consider when doing a HP uprate as far as Cal files go, I have a customer wanting to bump up a CM871 from 525 to 600, CPL 3320. Do I need to consider the FR, DO,SC Option? Or just engine model and CPL. (As well as the obvious Transmission and Cooling system? It currently has the AV10141, im thinking AV10143?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justme84 View Post
    What factors do I need to consider when doing a HP uprate as far as Cal files go, I have a customer wanting to bump up a CM871 from 525 to 600, CPL 3320. Do I need to consider the FR, DO,SC Option? Or just engine model and CPL. (As well as the obvious Transmission and Cooling system? It currently has the AV10141, im thinking AV10143?
    Do you have those Calibrations? Are you willing to post them? I would really like to have any CM871 that you are willing to share. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Only CPL and cooling and drivetrain, FR and SC will be different with the new cal anyway.
    AV10144 has more torque.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jctech View Post
    Only CPL and cooling and drivetrain, FR and SC will be different with the new cal anyway.
    AV10144 has more torque.
    Thanks for the help, yes I seen the AV10144 has more torque, but I think he only has an 1850 transmission so its probably safest to stay with the AV10143.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysformula View Post
    Do you have those Calibrations? Are you willing to post them? I would really like to have any CM871 that you are willing to share. Thanks.
    Yes, I have the calibrations, I'd be more than happy to share if you need them, but if you do a quick seach you should be able to locate the latest Incal DVD which would give you all the calibrations you want. Let me know....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yes, I have the calibrations, I'd be more than happy to share if you need them, but if you do a quick seach you should be able to locate the latest Incal DVD which would give you all the calibrations you want. Let me know....
    Justme,

Do you have any ecfg files for calterm as well?

Thanks m8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spannermonkey View Post
    SAR's have really small radiators in them are pretty prone to running hot specially if ya pulling heavy or climbing lots of hills... but in an interesting thought you maybe better going for 600hp and not using it all, that way the it should run cooler and also fuel consumption will be better than a 525 or 550 ringing its neck, ive seen a few trials runing signatures at 580 and 620 and at 620 the engine gets about .2km/l better pulling same load, if its using less fuel and not working as hard it should run cooler... just something to think about... if its ya own truck your gunna look after it and be gentle so not too much worry with bumping it up, as long as the gearbox and diffs can handle it... but saying that seeing the difference a between 565/580 and 620 id never put a driver in a truck at 620!! goodluck hope you manage to get a good run out if it...
    thats an excellent point but everyone likes the power and wont back outta it. just my two cents.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast