Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default cummins egr hp re-program

hi all,
    not sure if any one here can help me but worth a go.
    alright i have just bought a late 2010 kenworth T408SAR
    to pull doubles up the hwy it has about 100,000 k's and no power everything mech wise is great just running a 525hp program with 1850fpt any one have a program with a little more hp and 2050 fpt dont wanna go to high coz it already runs warm as it is any help would be appreiciated

many thanks in advance

great forum guys keep up the good work!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to will12345 For This Useful Post:

park5472 (12th March, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

cummins just post the CPL # off the tag on top of the motor on the driver side and somone can tell you what the max horsepower is without blowing it up. Also if it is under warranty then you will want to take it to the dealer to have it turned up unless you dont care about the warranty or it is expired. have a good day is it isx or ism ?
    Last edited by dieselman77; 6th August, 2011 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

this post sounds interesting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry guys been offline for a while flat out every where
    as to the CPL number it is 2965
    any help or assistance would be soooooo welcomed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will12345 View Post
    Sorry guys been offline for a while flat out every where
    as to the CPL number it is 2965
    any help or assistance would be soooooo welcomed
    For that CPL you can have 450, 485, 500, 525, 550 and 600 HP @2000rpm ratings ranging from 1650 to 2050 lb.ft, torque @1200 rpm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Here are the Australian cals, unzip into the C/Intelect/Insite/Calibration workspace folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jctech

For that CPL you can have 450, 485, 500, 525, 550 and 600 HP @2000rpm ratings ranging from 1650 to 2050 lb.ft, torque @1200 rpm.
    Hi jctech,
    Have you had any experience with these motors in the kenworth T408SAR if so what would you recommend keeping in mind the over heating could easily become an issue.

If not I guess I would probably start with the 525 with 2050fpt then move on too 550 with 1850fpt and then 550 with 2050fpt just to be on the safe side I guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Also if some 1 could tell me how I can download/save the current ECM program so that if there are any issues I can return it to it's current position.

Thanks in advance

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Also if some 1 could tell me how I can download/save the current ECM program so that if there are any issues I can return it to it's current position.

Thanks in advance
    Becarful the cooling system is small in them I have the same trouble with the cats 550hp would be the max and if it is a fleet truck leave it STD drivers don't watch gauges

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Thanks in advance
    When yo connect to the ECM with insite, the first thing you want to do is save a Job Image, if you Insite is not set up to do this automatically, click on work orders, then File- new-job image. You now have a record of all the feature and parameter settings, with a Job Image you can view all the settings, faults etc at a later date, you can also create a template to easily load these back into the ECM.
    You are already at 525/1850, the 550/1850 cal is not going to give you anything at 1200 rpm, but will have a bit more at 2000 rpm.
    Ensure that the box for save and restore is ticked during all re-calibrations.
    Take a note of your current ECM calibration, it should be one of the ones I sent you (AV10081). To get back to Standard, recalibrate the ECM with the original calibration code, with save and restore features and parameters box ticked. If you inadvertantly loose the features and parameters, create and download a template into the ECM.
    Last edited by jctech; 17th November, 2011 at 08:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Hi jctech,
    Have you had any experience with these motors in the kenworth T408SAR if so what would you recommend keeping in mind the over heating could easily become an issue.

If not I guess I would probably start with the 525 with 2050fpt then move on too 550 with 1850fpt and then 550 with 2050fpt just to be on the safe side I guess
    Check the torque rating of the transmission before putting a 2050 lb.ft. cal in the engine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Very good thanks for all your help so far but can you tell me where I can find the torque rating for the transmission.
    It's not a fleet truck it's the 1 I drive so I just want a little better performance from it without cooking the motor

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Very good thanks for all your help so far but can you tell me where I can find the torque rating for the transmission.
    It's not a fleet truck it's the 1 I drive so I just want a little better performance from it without cooking the motor
    u need the model of the trans best look on the trans itself may be some one change from factory there will be a plate on the side starting with RT****** then check the eaton web site for details hope this helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jctech View Post
    When yo connect to the ECM with insite, the first thing you want to do is save a Job Image, if you Insite is not set up to do this automatically, click on work orders, then File- new-job image. You now have a record of all the feature and parameter settings, with a Job Image you can view all the settings, faults etc at a later date, you can also create a template to easily load these back into the ECM.
    You are already at 525/1850, the 550/1850 cal is not going to give you anything at 1200 rpm, but will have a bit more at 2000 rpm.
    Ensure that the box for save and restore is ticked during all re-calibrations.
    Take a note of your current ECM calibration, it should be one of the ones I sent you (AV10081). To get back to Standard, recalibrate the ECM with the original calibration code, with save and restore features and parameters box ticked. If you inadvertantly loose the features and parameters, create and download a template into the ECM.
    Big Help, Thanks...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Will12345 you can also find the torque rating on Insite in the features and parameters. That will tell you what ft. lbs your torque is set at.
    Remember the only Dumb Question Is the One Never Asked ! Always Make Sure To Thank The Person Who Helps You Here At Dk !!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast