Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Copy songs from my friend's iPhone to my PC?

My friend has really good songs on his iPhone and I want to transfer them to my computer. Is there any third party program that will let me transfer iPhone music to computer? If someone knows and tells me how a little tutorial would be nice.
    Hope to get answers as soon as possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

yeah apple are coonts arent they?
    you need itunes on your comp, there ARE other ways of doing it, and god knows ive tried them, but without a jb phone theyre a pain in the ar5e.
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Make sure hidden files & folders is shown in folder options on your pc then navigate to my computer/Iphone/Itunes_control/music here you will find a bunch of folders, the music is in them but labeled so only Itunes knows what they are. Copy the folders to your desktop and import them with Itunes, you can then see what they are and you will then be able to put them on a different I device if you want
    another happy customer

Sent from my keyboard using fingers to type

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dik For This Useful Post:

alzrockvalley (19th March, 2014), Meat-Head (23rd February, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

does that work the same for an ipod?
    I've had my 40 gig ipod photo for about 7 years now
    got about 3500 songs on it
    obviously I'm now a couple of puters on from the original one that had all my music on it
    now I need to know if I can load from ipod to puter so I can salvage some of the music and my wedding photos which are on there too
    cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    does that work the same for an ipod?
    I've had my 40 gig ipod photo for about 7 years now
    got about 3500 songs on it
    obviously I'm now a couple of puters on from the original one that had all my music on it
    now I need to know if I can load from ipod to puter so I can salvage some of the music and my wedding photos which are on there too
    cheers
    Its the same on an ipod too
    another happy customer

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

I've not done this for a few years, but Idump will take everything off an Ipod nano. Just not sure about the Touch or Iphone.
    Canker

"Animal, vegetable or mineral... I'll do anything, to anything, with anything"
    - The Baby Eating Bishop of Bath & Wells
    [COLOR=Green]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Dik have a look here mate ive used this program and its highly recomended.Will transfer your mates ipod ipod touch or iphone contents to your computer desktop or itunes.

Wide Angle Software
    Last edited by johnboy1974; 9th August, 2011 at 09:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy1974 View Post
    Dik have a look here mate ive used this program and its highly recomended.Will transfer your mates ipod ipod touch or iphone contents to your computer desktop or itunes.

Wide Angle Software
    Thanks Johnboy but not my mates iPod I was just giving advise on how to get at the files - no software needed
    another happy customer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You could also just use sharepod.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After connecting your iPhone to the computer and its icon appears in iTunes, you can choose Transfer Purchases from iPod from the File menu.
    Or you can right-click (Windows or Mac) or Control-click (Mac only) your iPhone in the iTunes Source list, then choose Transfer Purchases from the shortcut menu that appears.
    Please note that this feature only works for items that were purchased on the iTunes Store. Any items imported from audio CDs or acquired from other sources will not copy from your iPod or iPhone to the iTunes library.
    maybe can make a effort of transfering iPhone music to computer.
    Hope that helps you out.
    Last edited by gmb45; 14th August, 2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: suspect advertising

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I use program on my pc copytrans wich copy mp3 from iphone to pc so u can use them send to ur other mobile

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I don't know if it is the same for the iPhone ( Don't see why not) but for my music I use MediaMonkey Free Media Jukebox, Music Manager, CD Ripper & Converter

No isses getting music off my iPod, even makes it easy to convert to mp3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@pantomime - All you need to do is install itunes on the new computer, then log onto Itunes store with the same details you had when you originally setup the account on the original computer. Then click on store at the top of itunes and click authorise this computer. Signing in again it will tell you that you have a certain number of computers you have installed itunes on, click ok and then connect the ipod. Itunes should then tell you that the ipod connected contains items that are not present in itunes library and ask you if you would like to add them to the itunes library. Click yes and it will copy everything from the ipod into itunes as if it was the original computer Hope this helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bloodscrap View Post
    @pantomime - All you need to do is install itunes on the new computer, then log onto Itunes store with the same details you had when you originally setup the account on the original computer. Then click on store at the top of itunes and click authorise this computer. Signing in again it will tell you that you have a certain number of computers you have installed itunes on, click ok and then connect the ipod. Itunes should then tell you that the ipod connected contains items that are not present in itunes library and ask you if you would like to add them to the itunes library. Click yes and it will copy everything from the ipod into itunes as if it was the original computer Hope this helps.

This is only good for getting back the stuff you bought in the itunes store, it wont replace the stuff you ripped into itunes from your own cd collection or imported into itunes from torrent sites etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy1974 View Post
    This is only good for getting back the stuff you bought in the itunes store, it wont replace the stuff you ripped into itunes from your own cd collection or imported into itunes from torrent sites etc.
    Ive not had that problem, But it was some time ago since I had to do it and newer versions of itunes might have changed. Ive bought Ipods from fleabay to repair and Ive repaired a few for people and they have asked for the music on them to be saved and I know there huge collections were from CDs they owned so had been ripped Ive taken music of the ones Ive repaired to see what was on them. Deleting after of course. This way worked for the repaired ipods with all mp3s on the devices, usually Ipod nanos and ipod videos.

But if this way doesnt work or you cant remember the identity you used for itunes you can use a version of anapod
    explorer or as Ive just checked a program called Ipodrip by Senuti. Or IMTOO Computer Transfer Or Cucusoft Iphone iTouch iPod to Computer Transfer. All work well but some will get the file names some wont.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast