How to flash a Dreambox DM500S or DM600 in less than 2 minutes. Using only your browser and the power button. Would also work on Dreambox clones & other Enigma 1/2 based satellite receivers.

First make sure the receiver is connected to your router, now kill the power to the box, hold in the only button on the front of the receiver, and power it on.

After about 20 seconds, you will notice the red/green lights are going wierd, this is an actual code that I?ll explain in a moment, but you can now let go of the power button.

The receiver has now gone into ###STOP### mode, has been given an IP address and is waiting to be flashed, now watch the lights, have a pen if you need one, and wait for the red and green to be on together.

The green light will flash once, then a quick red flash, 9 greens, one red, 2 green, 1 red, 1 green, 1 red, 6 green, 1 red, 8 green, 1 red.

The receiver has just flashed you some numbers, with a red flash as a marker between them, and its just told you the start of an IP address, 192.168 etc.

A long red flash is a zero, so my box now flashed one long red, another long red, 1 green, 1 quick red, one long red, 1 green, i fast red and 2 green

Now the red and green come on together, and it starts over again.

It?s just flashed out :

192168001012 which translates to the IP 192.168.1.12

Typing this into a Firefox/Chrome/Internet Explorer or other browser window brings up the firmware upgrade screen, where you browse to the image, and 90 seconds later its on the receiver.

Big thanks to the uploader