Register
Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Default Vu+ Uno and Vu+ Duo Clones to be released by the end of the month

Just been speaking to my supplier in China and she has confirmed to me that there is a Vu+ Duo clone on its way she would not give me any dates just said soon and she would keep me posted.

So spoke to another supplier and told the Uno and Duo will be released the end of this month.

Neither have a price at the moment.

What do you make of this?

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ferrari announced on there site last month that their Vu+ Duo clone is ready and expected to be launched 08/09/11. But there's been no mention of it on 8a8f8 (china oem forum) from Ferrari and a recent enquiry about it went unanswered...
    Last edited by dave-h; 5th September, 2011 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Just going by what two sources told me I have not been told what sim will be inside these receivers, how much the expected price will be? What image will be launched with it and so on, or even the spec of these clone models.

All I have been told is that the release should be the end of this month.

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess the release date would depend on how well they work with current code or if they have OEM code to released with them.

My guess is current code will or may have a clone kill entry to already stop this release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

That's interesting to hear lads, cheers. I like my openbox in spare room but no epg is a pain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

It is very interesting, just wonder how they will be? Will there be issues on launch, will they run similar to the Vu+ Duo or is it going to be the already cloned DM 8000HD in a Vu+ casing and Vu+ remote.

If I find out anymore I will keep this post updated but seems at the moment the supplier I use is keeping tight lipped and the other supplier I dont use at all so may be hard to get anything more out of them that what I already have.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Que killer software updates!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Sorry not the Uno, it will be the Solo and it should be released soon and before the Duo.

I have one supplier telling me that the Duo will be ready by the end of this month, The supplier I use is not giving to much away just that the Duo is in the pipeline, Yaoxin (not that I would use Yaoxin due to past experience) said that the Solo is out soon but the Duo is still in development. Another one that I have on my account with the name LEX has also stated that the Duo is on its way but not ready yet.

So mixed stories but looks like we will be seen clone Vu+ receivers on the market in the near future.

Still no information on Sim or specification.

Be interesting to find out the price planned for the Duo clone considering that you can get a original for around the same price of a 8000HD clone from China.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

ive been making some enquiries today about the solo on dhgate/ali-x and m.i.c and am waiting for a reply. regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Cool let us know what you find out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garry1312 View Post
    Cool let us know what you find out

got a reply of a supplier and got the same response as you. the box is in checking and will be available shortly. in the case of the solo you can pick a original up for ?200 so a clone would be half the price roughly?, about the same as a dm800 pro... what do you think? . regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Hard to say what I think at the moment until they are released really.

I wonder what the price will be on the Duo, that could be around ?150-?180 (just a guess) if they turn out to be well built, no issues and so on thats a cheap way of going dual tuner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garry1312 View Post
    Hard to say what I think at the moment until they are released really.

I wonder what the price will be on the Duo, that could be around ?150-?180 (just a guess) if they turn out to be well built, no issues and so on thats a cheap way of going dual tuner.
    Trouble is at that price it (if thats what it turns out to be) puts them awfully close to Qbox Mini HD. Personally i would rather pay the ?40 odd extra, and get a genuine box and avoid the faff of patched images with outdated drivers and ssbls and the potential issues of dealing with China....
    Last edited by dave-h; 8th September, 2011 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

China are not really that bad to deal with to be honest find a good supplier and you are laughing.

Yes the price is close to the Qbox mini HD but how much support does that receiver really have? compared to say a dreambox clone? and if the Vu clones hit it off I imagine a good amount of support will build up for them as well.

My Dreamboxes are cloned receivers and I dont find dealing with patched images a nuisance, its simple only flash a image for your sim if you are not sure dont flash it.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i think the main difference is the procesors in the box.

everything else is pretty much the same.

if the clones weren't no good, i doubt they would be selling the amount they do.

i wonder if more clones are sold then the actual originals??

anyone know???

Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast