Register

Thread: Swype

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Swype

Hi all,

Anyone here have experience with Swype? (Swype | Type Fast, Swype Faster)
    How stable is it?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ipse View Post
    Hi all,

Anyone here have experience with Swype? (Swype | Type Fast, Swype Faster)
    How stable is it?
    Use it all the time.Have never used normal text since. It takes a bit of getting used to but once you get it it is excellent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Use it all the time.Have never used normal text since. It takes a bit of getting used to but once you get it it is excellent
    I used Swype for about 3 months and after a while I found I was spending too much time correcting things. I also found it poor when entering passwords etc as it always left a trailing space or a leading space ( I could never quite figure it out properly).

My keyboard of choice now is Swiftkey. The predictive words part of it is second to none. I would recommend giving it a try, it was a breath of fresh air to me after Swype.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrrad View Post
    I used Swype for about 3 months and after a while I found I was spending too much time correcting things. I also found it poor when entering passwords etc as it always left a trailing space or a leading space ( I could never quite figure it out properly).

My keyboard of choice now is Swiftkey. The predictive words part of it is second to none. I would recommend giving it a try, it was a breath of fresh air to me after Swype.
    A lot of folk have had a problem with passwords but I have to admit it's something that has never effected me, but I don't enter passwords in the normal swype way, I just use it as a normal qwerty keyboard

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

I've been using swype for a while now. As with HH, I tried it & never went back.

I've not had a problem with passwords either. I've also noticed the predictive text doesn't work for password fields. Which I see as a good thing.

The only problem I've really had has been with 'ben', that must be one seriously popular kid.
    Every time I try to swype 'been', this ~~~~ing 'ben' kid keeps popping up.
    Solved it with a swirl inside the 'e'

~~~~ing b'stard buggers... Now it's 'hess' instead of he's. Other than Rudolphs relatives, who needs hess in the dictionary?
    Canker

"Animal, vegetable or mineral... I'll do anything, to anything, with anything"
    - The Baby Eating Bishop of Bath & Wells
    [COLOR=Green]

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Canker_Canison View Post
    I've been using swype for a while now. As with HH, I tried it & never went back.

I've not had a problem with passwords either. I've also noticed the predictive text doesn't work for password fields. Which I see as a good thing.

The only problem I've really had has been with 'ben', that must be one seriously popular kid.
    Every time I try to swype 'been', this ~~~~ing 'ben' kid keeps popping up.
    Solved it with a swirl inside the 'e'

~~~~ing b'stard buggers... Now it's 'hess' instead of he's. Other than Rudolphs relatives, who needs hess in the dictionary?
    Pmsl at he's just don't forget to take a divertion to the ' between the e and the s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Isn't it possible to remove any word from Swype dictionary or does that only apply to added words

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk