Register
    Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default C9 Engine Timing Calibration problem

Hi, I have a problem with a CAT C9 engine mounted on a Challenger 670.
    We where testing the engine with ET and we enter in "Service -> Calibrations -> Timing Calibration" and by mistake we iniciate the calibration. Then ET brings an error message about Timing Calibration Probe and paramaters and exit the Calibration.
    After that now have an active code "261-13 Engine Timing Calibration calibration required". This active code appears just after iniciate the timing calibration we started by error (without disarm engine).
    Engine starts and seems to run OK, but we have this active code and dont know how it errase it.
    We read SIS troubleshooting "Engine Speed/Timing Sensor - Calibrate" but is says something abour using a Transducer or sensor to calibrate. If we DONT HAVE this transducer, how can we solve this problem?

We need to return this machine inmediately so I would appreciate an answer asap please.
    Hope someone can help me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Unfortunately you will have to get a timing transducer and install it to clear the fault code, you dont have by chance a copy ECM configuration - ECM replacement file from that machine? The machine will run fine and you wont notice any difference with the active fault code.
    Last edited by c16man; 21st September, 2011 at 06:33 PM.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by c16man View Post
    Unfortunately you will have to get a timing transducer and install it to clear the fault code, you dont have by chance a copy ECM configuration - ECM replacement file from that machine? The machine will run fine and you wont notice any difference with the active fault code.
    No, actually this is the first machine of this type we repair so I dont have a copy.
    If we flash the ECM and install a new file in it, would this help or I would have to calibrate any way?
    Also I can get a copy of a Challenger 670 engine.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If I restore into the ECM a copy of another Challenger 670 - C9 engine, will that work???

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khein View Post
    If I restore into the ECM a copy of another Challenger 670 - C9 engine, will that work???
    u will need to calibrate it hear is the parts list and the media mumber from sis if u need more info pm me
    Media Number -SENR95056V-2197 Transducer 7X-1695 Cable 170-3519 Harness 7X-1171 Transducer Adapter 5P-7307
    or
    9S-9082
    or
    178-8615
    or
    208-0888 Engine Turning Tool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi

I think that is help you.
    But you need the transducer to calibrate.

See the picture of the transducer (6V-2197)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xsez; 22nd September, 2011 at 11:24 AM.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by xsez View Post
    Hi

I think that is help you.
    But you need the transducer to calibrate.

See the picture of the transducer (6V-2197)
    Yeah, what I wanted was to now if I can calibrate o solve this problem without using the transducer.
    Yestarday we bought a transducer and today we will be using it, but we didnt find the adapter and cable so we are making them.
    I will let you know how this ends...
    Thank you all.

PD: I need to know for future problems, what would happened if I copy the ECM of another Challenger 670 - C9 into this one? Would I had this problem anyway?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi

I think if you copy the Configurantion of another ECM (same engine model) you don't have this problem. Only if you try calibrate the timing and don't have the transducer, the error will be activated.

Best Regards

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by xsez View Post
    Hi

I think if you copy the Configurantion of another ECM (same engine model) you don't have this problem. Only if you try calibrate the timing and don't have the transducer, the error will be activated.

Best Regards
    Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

If you have loaded a configuration from another machine, just remember to check the injector trimcodes as the other machine`s trimcodes will be loaded, thus the wrong trimcodes