65 22.65%
  • Merlin2 - Excalibur

5 1.74%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Best image for me has to be "Sat4fun-newnigma2_DM800SE-Sim2_ssl84". Picons, timeshift, PVR, full EPG all work great very fast and nice on the eye too.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

hi, gonna give this a go SIM2-SSL84a_Newnigma2(3.2.2)By Sat4fun Team 08-10-11

dont really wannabe flashing lots of images, just gonna try the recommended ones then decide

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

thats the same image that i have after trying alot as you may well know .

i got th3 84 bootloader and i'm not really bothered with the 84a.

to dp11....download the infinitymod skin from newnigma services mate. it's even nicer on the eye

MAKE SURE EVERYONE CASTS THEIR VOTE!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Tried both images ramihar blahole.... Was not impressed all and also tested the other gp3 one i was on about, didnt like it.

So still with ramihar v20 (gp3 bases) and for me no other image comes close to it. Also not tested a image that is anywere near as fast as this one, this image really puts the power of your se to use

Yeah theres more work to be put im with this image than others but so worth it.
    Last edited by garry1312; 17th October, 2011 at 12:47 AM.

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alom5 View Post
    thats the same image that i have after trying alot as you may well know .

i got th3 84 bootloader and i'm not really bothered with the 84a.

to dp11....download the infinitymod skin from newnigma services mate. it's even nicer on the eye

MAKE SURE EVERYONE CASTS THEIR VOTE!!!
    Think that will be my first image that i will flash, if i like it just gonna stick with it

just wondering is there anything like dream elite with epg, i can get full epg using the Rytec_uk , no need for usb or hard drive, is there anything like that on any other images ?

cant wait now , hope it arrives tommorrow
    Last edited by lombard; 17th October, 2011 at 12:58 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i use crossepg and as i download epg from a number of sats....i always use hdd.

you could try to flash memory if using just 1 sat and may be ok. you will know pretty quick if the green screen starts coming for ya.

definately worth the hdd option as can run permanent timeshift so rewind live tv ....as they say...instant record etc...defo worth getting it. i only got60gb on both my boxes. both came from laptops....so no extra expenses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Agree you need to get a hdd mate know some people are for external and usb but nothing beats it hidden away in the receiver. Also with the se no worries about overheating.

Ran a wee test lately first few nights wasnt intentional but had it on 7 nights no stand by and still cool to the touch and no issues.

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Hi all just recieved dm800se, trying the All Russian image thats pre installed, i just transfered over the bouqeuts list, set tuner, and started flicking , then when i went to list its got all epg for all channels , where that come from ? cant seem to find any settings for epg but its getting it all and i aint got usb or hdd attached, also where is the addons panel for this image cant seem to find it ?

im gonna try SIM2_SSL84a-Newnigma2-Bysat4fun_Team now see how that goes

fun and fustration begins

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i think the epg settings would be under setup - system- customise and toward the bottom. am guessing as not used this image but on otheres it seems to be there.

good luck lombard .....

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garry1312 View Post
    Also with the se no worries about overheating.

Ran a wee test lately first few nights wasnt intentional but had it on 7 nights no stand by and still cool to the touch and no issues.
    that's some very good news. excellent mate. i got a usb fan underneath as well.............looks like don't really need it !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Nope wouldnt bother to much about a external fan as the fan inside the SE does a fantastic job, I've never felt any heat from mine and that test has just proved that it will still be cool to the touch after 7 days

Also tried playing a AVI video from internal hard drive and worked perfectly.

The SE really is great value for money, it's well built, nice speed, looks good, has a large choice of images.

Glad to hear you have joined the SE team Lombard

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Ok so far tried all russian where are the addons for image ?

SIM2_SSL84a-Newnigma2-Bysat4fun_Team - got it all working, tried a few skins, didnt like any really

Now trying Sim_SSL84a-OPENPLI2.1_By Sat4fun-Team which i liked on dm800, with warp skin, just flashed it, transfered over service files , tuner configuration, says

Tuner A: (empty)

Tuner B: (empty)

whats going on here, other two images worked

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

reflash. sometimes get flashes.

also try the infinity mod skin on the newnigma. its quiet nice. the one i use anyway

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

UPDATE

I flashed OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800se-20111004-sim210-ssl84a

worked fine, but image was very bare, installed TSpanel, downloaded all main plugins, I used this image on my dm800 and very much liked it, liked the choice of skins , only problem is no idea if this image can display picons on oled, info bar picons work from usb no problem, its not a big deal just wanted to try it

The Box
    is this a clone come on, great build quality, fan is great can control speed , and dont think will get loud noise in due time you did on dm800 fans, also the speed wow, going through bouquets rips through them, remember on dm800 used to get bit of lag,

rebooting and restarting so fast, its just a pleasure to use.

Alom there is no point in using fan underneath, if you think its getting hot just up the speed on internal fan . but dont think you would need to

Im gonna leave this image on for now , watch tv finally, will soon start having more goes trying images,

I only hope now dual tuner dvb s2 gets released for this, then be very worth getting a hard drive

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lombard View Post
    Ok so far tried all russian where are the addons for image ?

SIM2_SSL84a-Newnigma2-Bysat4fun_Team - got it all working, tried a few skins, didnt like any really

Now trying Sim_SSL84a-OPENPLI2.1_By Sat4fun-Team which i liked on dm800, with warp skin, just flashed it, transfered over service files , tuner configuration, says

Tuner A: (empty)

Tuner B: (empty)

whats going on here, other two images worked
    i think that erorr sugests you got no tuner drivers installed , the software isnt getting any info to say its got one tuner onboard . you can download the drivers from your download panel

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast