Register
Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I'm currently running a dm500v8 for myself, I got this as a spare for the other room. I've also got a AMG588s that needs firmware. I'm not having much luck ;-(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys,
    I am new to this forum, I currently need help to recover my dead skybox F5.
    Ok so here is the issue when i turn on the F5 box nothing happens it has a faint red light on the front panel when powered up and also the ethernet ports light up too, so i assume at this point the box needs a reflash with a RS232 Null modem cable.
    I have tried doing a reflash with the RS232 null modem cable on my pc (windows xp) i have downloaded a few different upgrade tools from different sites. When I open the EromUpgrade icon i have the port set to COM1 as per my device manager on pc, bit rate is 115200, parity is even. Operate mode as upgrade.
    So at this point when i click on browse i get 2 file options one is eromclient.abs and the other is eromclient_M3606.abs i have tried selecting either one then i click on the "include bootloader" box, when i click on NEXT i get a popup message that says "Wrong File!".
    I have also tried browsing and selecting different images such as SKYBOX_F3_M3_3601HD_CMT.abs etc.. I have tried old and new versions ones again from different sites, after selecting one of these files i am able to press NEXT then it says synchronizing STBs.. please reset target! at this point i switch on the F5 box it waits then its says "Set stb memory error" click back and try again... I have tried all this above with even selecting the "data dump" option in the operate mode bit but still the same probelm.
    Can someone please advise where i am going wrong?? What file do i actually select once i click on the browse button ?
    sorry for the long message i thought i would get much info in there as possible... Any help or advice please? as i am pulling my hair out.. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My A3 box was stuck in a loop, it just kept counting round to L090 then restarting and doing the same again. This thread sorted it for me, pretty simple to follow, many thx darvash.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mesterp For This Useful Post:

TurboPirate (3rd February, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello got an F3 wish turn OFF while watching TV and never got it to work, no lights no display nothing, I used all the rs232 tools for this receiver and nothing, all I get is syncronize STB when I power the receiver ON with rear switch I get message DONE after that a few seconds and message STB in error status. No idea what to do, if I need to buy new memory chip or what. Thanks Turbo
    Last edited by TurboPirate; 3rd February, 2014 at 05:37 PM.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupids that don't ask. Author: Anonymous.
    Testing SkyBox S12 FTA only

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TurboPirate View Post
    Hello got an F3 wish turn OFF while watching TV and never got it to work, no lights no display nothing, I used all the rs232 tools for this receiver and nothing, all I get is syncronize STB when I power the receiver ON with rear switch I get message DONE after that a few seconds and message STB in error status. No idea what to do, if I need to buy new memory chip or what. Thanks Turbo
    With the box powered on and the Ethernet cable in the back of the box, does the Ethernet ports light up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have skybox f5, and i have a problem with loading, its keep counting till 100 (L100) and restart again from the beginning. i need a help

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil1985 View Post
    i have skybox f5, and i have a problem with loading, its keep counting till 100 (L100) and restart again from the beginning. i need a help
    All the information Guides etc.. are in this very Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am having rebooting issues with my Skybox F5 on load up (looping.) I have reflashed it succesfully, re-programmed channel lists and also re-installed CCcam, but all scrambled channels are still scrambled. I can watch all FTA channels no problem. What i have found is it will reload after 3 attempts without the satellite f-connecter plugged in but won't load with it connected. This is what is causing the scrambled channels to remain so. Any ideas other than a single strand of outer wier touching the inner as i have redone this several times and there is no wire touching. Every idea welcome? No CCcamshows on info screen when program change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks MTV but its a twin cable and highly unlikely both go together, plus have cut back and refitted several times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Without the cable connected it will load, but wont descrammble in this mode.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plumbit View Post
    Without the cable connected it will load, but wont descrammble in this mode.
    sounds like a faulty box or lnb fault
    the picture won't unscramble if the cable's not plug'd in

Easy test....take the box to a mates setup if you have one with a similar setup...try the box
    if it run's ok then has to be a break in the cable or a faulty LNB

Easy when you think about it
    Last edited by P&D; 6th February, 2014 at 09:49 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to P&D For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ads70 View Post
    With the box powered on and the Ethernet cable in the back of the box, does the Ethernet ports light up?
    Yes, 1 more then the other but it does.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupids that don't ask. Author: Anonymous.
    Testing SkyBox S12 FTA only

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, I have read through this thread thoroughly (yep all 39 pages) to look for answer to resolving dead F5s. The problem im having is box is showing figure '8' with faint red light, have tried to go through all the different links to Erom upgrade for F3/F5/F5s which all have the same Erom Upgrade tool - STB EROM Upgrade 2.0.0c. After I go onto browse file put in a .abs file (I have tried many different ones) and press next it comes up with 'Synchronizing STBs.. Please reset target!' . At this point I have tried many methods of powering up box, putting plug in/putting power cable in and connecting at different times i.e. 2 secs, 4 secs, 7 secs but unfortunately it just wont connect. I have just reflashed a openbox S11 and have previously done a few before with no problems. So why cant I get this Skybox F5s to sync with Erom? Any advice giving greatly appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi mate
    im trying to bring my box back to life and im following your instructions but when i get to number 3
    im unable to run eromupgrade.exe
    my computer asks for the com port details which ive identified and filled in correctly and when i run it it keeps telling me its the wrong file
    please advise me on were im going wrong
    thanks