Register
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am trying to reset an V5S Openbox with the RS232 tool, it starts to download but seems to stop at 4%, it gets there quite quick but hangs at 4%.

Any ideas?? I have tried 2 different Null Modem cables and its its the same.

Update it now stops at 47%.

Pulling my hair out now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took it into work used laptop with RS232 port and plugged power supply into switched socket, (softer start of V5S), TOTAL success easy as PIE.

Great work on here to all who contribute.
    Last edited by any-mgzt; 10th July, 2014 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My PC does not have a Coms Port is there an alternative most modern computers dont have a coms port ?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cavelier View Post
    My PC does not have a Coms Port is there an alternative most modern computers dont have a coms port ?
    usb to rs232 cable.....AND...a null modem cable into that.
    it was only way I could get it to work after usb to rs232 alone wouldnt work for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

skybox F3s was dead then i flashed it with RS232 cable with latest software from skybox.cc and now its on but the problem is it doesnt recognise 28.2 sky uk it shows signal intensity 34% and signal quality 12% but on same dish when i connect other box it shows 90% and 76% so what could be wrong with skybox f3s any help will be appriciated or someone pm me plz thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hi Guys,

I have an M3 HD and eventually got it to connect, go through the 2 stage reload but once its finished it just goes into the reload loop again- tried many firmware still the same.
    Anyone else have this or know of a fix?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Oh forgot - I also have one of the new wifi only M5 HD and after shut down it keeps loosing the network settings- any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi guys,

I have a skybox f5s that works fine when there is no sat pictures on it, but as soon as I try and but a channel list or scan channels then try to watch them, the box just freezes on whatever channel the box has on ,,,I have tryed a serial bootload and it still has not fixed the problem, delete the channels or take the sat cable out the box acts normaly, i can watch youtube and yourpown as normal i just cant watch sat channels, yes ive tryed diffrent firmwares and channels but still nothing, so im thinking there is somthing faulty with the tuner part of the box,,

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by handyguy2002 View Post
    hi guys,

I have a skybox f5s that works fine when there is no sat pictures on it, but as soon as I try and but a channel list or scan channels then try to watch them, the box just freezes on whatever channel the box has on ,,,I have tryed a serial bootload and it still has not fixed the problem, delete the channels or take the sat cable out the box acts normaly, i can watch youtube and yourpown as normal i just cant watch sat channels, yes ive tryed diffrent firmwares and channels but still nothing, so im thinking there is somthing faulty with the tuner part of the box,,
    Sounds similar to the problems encountered in this thread:-

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...idence-400956/

It gets interesting from post #65.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi will a usb cable work or does it have to be RS232 my laptop doesn't have a 9 pin connection only usb
    thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a skybox f5s with the dim 8 error.

Anytime I try to flash it it says stb memory error. Tried the config file and still the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hi,
    Having bought a brand new Openbox v5s, I installed the latest f5s software, and also TP_PROG which seemed to all be working fine.

I then put in my xxxxx, and was promted to reboot. I turned off the box, and ever since it has been stuck on LOAD.

I have read thousands of posts, on hundreds of sites and having no luck what so ever.

I am connecting my Openbox to my laptop using a USB to RS232 and a null modem.

These are the steps I am taking and what is happening. Any help would be GRATEFULLY appreciated:

I am connecting my laptop to my Openbox via a null modem and a usb to RS232.

Switching the box off (Which is still showing LOAD on the display) by unplugging the mains power lead, as this is the only way I am able to turn off.
    Running the config.bat file (As directed if previously receiving the STB Memory error)
    Then running the EromUpgrade.exe file.
    Selecting the correct COM port, and uploading the latest .abs file, ticking the box for "include bootloader" and clicking next
    Then, I'm re-entering the mains power lead to the Openbox (As indicated to switch the box back on) but the display is blank.
    It is then saying "Synchronizing STBs" "Please reset target" This is the case until I am then again, unplugging the mains power lead in which at the side of this promt, it is stating "Done"
    After 5 or so seconds, It says "Set STB memory error, click back to try again"

And this is as far as I have got. For days. Any help on this again, would be GRATEFULLY appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by gmb45; 25th July, 2014 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shawy1970 View Post
    Hi,
    Having bought a brand new Openbox v5s, I installed the latest f5s software, and also TP_PROG which seemed to all be working fine.

I then put in my xxxxx, and was promted to reboot. I turned off the box, and ever since it has been stuck on LOAD.

I have read thousands of posts, on hundreds of sites and having no luck what so ever.

I am connecting my Openbox to my laptop using a USB to RS232 and a null modem.

These are the steps I am taking and what is happening. Any help would be GRATEFULLY appreciated:

I am connecting my laptop to my Openbox via a null modem and a usb to RS232.

Switching the box off (Which is still showing LOAD on the display) by unplugging the mains power lead, as this is the only way I am able to turn off.
    Running the config.bat file (As directed if previously receiving the STB Memory error)
    Then running the EromUpgrade.exe file.
    Selecting the correct COM port, and uploading the latest .abs file, ticking the box for "include bootloader" and clicking next
    Then, I'm re-entering the mains power lead to the Openbox (As indicated to switch the box back on) but the display is blank.
    It is then saying "Synchronizing STBs" "Please reset target" This is the case until I am then again, unplugging the mains power lead in which at the side of this promt, it is stating "Done"
    After 5 or so seconds, It says "Set STB memory error, click back to try again"

And this is as far as I have got. For days. Any help on this again, would be GRATEFULLY appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    You may wish to try different loaders. I've not managed to resurrect my dead box but others have had success with trying different loaders. If you go back a few pages then you may find links to these.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by gmb45; 25th July, 2014 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

send me a private email, i might be able to help you mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Im sure I have tried this, not knowing exactly what you mean by "different loaders" but... What would be the "different loaders?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Just a quick update on my earlier comment......

In the end, I went to my parents house which I have my very old Dell PC, which took me about a hour to find all leads etc to put back together...

Plugged my null modem into my Openbox, and into the rs232 port in the back of the PC..... Ran EromUpgrade, did the usual steps as stated above... And........... Done!!

Thank f***