Register
Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 374243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vijayintel View Post
    I have tried the above step. but Synchronizing STBs done message not coming. any other option

What lead are you using ??

USB - Com
    or the full Null cable there are two types
    also what system on the computer XP - VISTA - 7 -8.1 ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SKY F5S BOX GONE DEAD WITH JUST 8 SHOWING DISPLAY

Quote Originally Posted by darvash View Post
    A how to guide on how to fix a corrupt firmware image in OpenBox S9/S10/S11/S12 and Skybox S10 F3 F4 F5 F5S A3 etc. Even if it seems bricked.

Box does not respond or displays On or rebooting constantly ?
    If your box does not respond, or no displays light there is a good chance the current firmware on the box is somehow corrupt.

You will need to use , connect a Serial RS232 Null Modem Cable to the box and follow the instructions.
    Hopefully it will bring your box back to life.

instructions

Download or if have older Openbox/Skybox
    Unzip this file

1. Connect up your PC to the Openbox
    using a null modem serial cable.

(Try to get a PC with builtin r232 port or buy a good quality usb to seriel adapter. Cheap adapters from flebay "do not" work at all)

2. Switch the box OFF
    3. Run EromUpgrade.exe (Located in folder you have downloaded and unzipped) then check the
    com port setting is correct
    4. Select the latest firmware .abs file. (Download her if you don't have any)
    5. Select "next" then switch ON the box
    and follow the instructions to load
    and flash burn the firmware.
    6. If the process does not start, try
    various time combinations of switching
    the box ON after selecting "next"
    (IF it comes with set STB memory error please run config.bat file (Located in folder you have downloaded and unzipped) ) before running loader
    7. Don't switch the power off or disconnect
    while the download & flash is taking place.
    If your box keeps rebooting after updating so try software from www.hddvbsw.com

If you cannot contact to your box check your null modem cable. Connections are like showen below

pin 2 ...to... pin 3
    pin 3 ...to... pin 2
    pin 4 ...to... pin 6
    pin 5 ...to... pin 5
    pin 6 ...to... pin 4
    pin 7 ...to... pin 8
    pin 8 ...to... pin 7

Important: Go into device manager
    <right click MyComputer--->manage--->on the left side u find device manager

and check that you are choosing the right com port. If possible use computer with serial R232 com port built on mainbord.

Have fun
    I TRY TO DO ALL THE PROCESS SHOWED ABOVE BUT WHEN I TRY TO SELECT THE ABS FILE IT KEEP SAYING WRONG FILE CAN U HELP PLS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BUT I DIDNT PUT NULL MODEL CABLE YET U THINK THATS WHY IS KEEP SAYING WRONG FILE OR I M DOING SOMETHING ELSE WRONG THANKS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my sky box is dead now , i have read above instructions , and i dnt have null modem cable yet i gona buy it tomorrow i tried the above instrucation , when i go to select the upgrade amos file it saying that wrong file , is this happening bcz i didnt insert the modem cable yet or i m doing some thing wrong , pls can u go through this thanks

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turbeys View Post
    Hi my sky box is dead now , i have read above instructions , and i dnt have null modem cable yet i gona buy it tomorrow i tried the above instrucation , when i go to select the upgrade amos file it saying that wrong file , is this happening bcz i didnt insert the modem cable yet or i m doing some thing wrong , pls can u go through this thanks
    When you click on the "browse" button, you need to select the right firmware file for your box. A common mistake is to browse to the "eromclient.abs" file, or to browse to a compressed (zip or RAR) version of yur firmware.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi thanks for your reply but the file i have download from the above link for my f5s box abs file when i try to browse it it keep saying wrong file , i didnt bought Modem cable yet , may be is not working bcz i didnt have the cable , but i want to knw will it work if i bought the cable or if not i will loose my money for the cable plz help thanks

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turbeys View Post
    Hi thanks for your reply but the file i have download from the above link for my f5s box abs file when i try to browse it it keep saying wrong file , i didnt bought Modem cable yet , may be is not working bcz i didnt have the cable , but i want to knw will it work if i bought the cable or if not i will loose my money for the cable plz help thanks
    Have you unzipped the file? The link to firmware in the first post is to a post containing zipped files. When unzipped it should be a 4MB file (4,096kB).

It shouldn't matter if the box is not connected yet. Even without your null modem cable connected, it shouldn't give you a "wrong file" message.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

he's probably trying to load the eromclient.abs that comes with the loader, instead of the real file.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone

I have a Skybox S12 and that has stopped working just before Christmas. Speaking to the seller he suggests I should buy a new one, newer model. But even so I would like to try and fix this one.

The problem is there is no sound or picture.

Every thing else seems to be working. I can change channel, rotate the dish, change to radio, etc... Dish rotation is correct as I can verify with a second receiver.

I have managed to get it to work by touching parts on the circuit board once, but as soon as I turn it off and would not show picture nor sound on restart.

Had it powered off for a few days as well. That didn't help either.

One indication it may work again the TV responds when I connect the box HDMI cable. With "No signal" from "No cable".

I guess the ?50 question is is it hardware or software problem and how to verify.

PS. Considering buying RS232 cable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Forgot to mention I have tried to different HDMI cables and that didn't help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

power supply probably pooped out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tried a new one and the result is the same. Came to conclusion that the video had it. As I tried the AV out as well. Thanks for your reply though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks. Worked for me. Though had to use a different firmware to get some of the advanced features in the setup menu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will this work for sure?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi everyone new to this. just got an open box anyone knows where i can get hd channels clines. please pm me if you know something about this only got sd channels.