Register
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950515253 LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lex10 View Post
    hi everyone new to this. just got an open box anyone knows where i can get hd channels clines. please pm me if you know something about this only got sd channels.
    There are only a handful of non-FTA HD channels left (including BT sport 1 & 2, & ESPN)

Have a look here:-

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...pdates-415292/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi mate thanks for the reply but the link is not working tried
    it a few times no luck.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

You will need a motorized dish for lots of HD channels......or get yourself a receiver with IPTV function.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lex10 View Post
    hi mate thanks for the reply but the link is not working tried
    it a few times no luck.
    Hmm...it worked when I first posted it. It looks like all links to that page are now 404. Something must have moved.

Try this link:-

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...st-for-Updates-**

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi everyone,
    I have a skybox f3, sub ran out about 4 mths ago so it got turned off and put in a cupboard. last week I got it out and plugged it in hoping to set it back up again but it is dead... no power...no light on the front, nothing. ive gone through the steps on the first page and read through the thread, trying different loaders and .abs files, even ones for clones but everytime, all i get is set stb memory error. I have the rs-232 port on my desktop and a null modem cable and connecting them like this and i have used this cable with other boxes and it has worked fine before. I just want to no if anyone has got anywhere with this problem yet or has a solution or even a different angle on the matter... anything!!! Thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Originally Posted by jouhz56
    I have a problem to upload a firmware by RS-232 : Synchronizing STBs... Please reset target!
    you need to press the programme to start and only then plug in the power to the box and it will continue and d/load and flash the firmware
    Last edited by swingo; 3rd March, 2015 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi,
    Well i've tried a few more things and i am getting no where so i've decide to buy another psu for the unit so i hope this will sort it!

I'll post back once its arrived and fitted so you no what happened.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by miktang View Post
    Hi,
    Well i've tried a few more things and i am getting no where so i've decide to buy another psu for the unit so i hope this will sort it!

I'll post back once its arrived and fitted so you no what happened.
    Open the box and look at the Caps (Small Cylinders) they should all be flat on the top. If one is rounded its blown like a fuse. Common on these boxes. Other things can cause a dead box like the front pcb panel.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DW190 For This Useful Post:

miktang (4th March, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by DW190 View Post
    Open the box and look at the Caps (Small Cylinders) they should all be flat on the top. If one is rounded its blown like a fuse. Common on these boxes. Other things can cause a dead box like the front pcb panel.
    Thanks DW190, i looked inside the box and on the psu board there is one that looks a lot more rounded on the top compared to the others which are all flat on top. Hopefully then my new psu should fix this...fingers crossed!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Thanks DW190, i looked inside the box and on the psu board there is one that looks a lot more rounded on the top compared to the others which are all flat on top. Hopefully then my new psu should fix this...fingers crossed!
    Looks like a that domed capacitor is your problem. It's a pity you didn't look at it before buying another board. You could have repaired it for less than ?1.

If you don't know anyone that can repair it, you could get a few ? back by selling it on Ebay. Someone will buy it & repair it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hadron For This Useful Post:

miktang (5th March, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi all
    the replacement psu has arrived and has been fitted to the box and everything is back up and running!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
    Looks like a that domed capacitor is your problem. It's a pity you didn't look at it before buying another board. You could have repaired it for less than ?1.

If you don't know anyone that can repair it, you could get a few ? back by selling it on Ebay. Someone will buy it & repair it.
    I am going to look into buying the capacitor and repairing the old board and then sell it on.
    I was in too much of a rush at first to get the box up and running but now its done i will have a go at repairing the old one!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to miktang For This Useful Post:

Hadron (6th March, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks to all, the forums pull me through again!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

somebody once said there were bogus capacitors out in the market years ago that weren't up to spec.
    The voltage rating wasn't what was printed on the cap,such as a 15v cap was only really rated for 12v so they failed after x amount of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi all
    the replacement psu has arrived and has been fitted to the box and everything is back up and running!!!!

I am going to look into buying the capacitor and repairing the old board and then sell it on.
    I was in too much of a rush at first to get the box up and running but now its done i will have a go at repairing the old one!
    Just in case anyone was interested, the capacitor that blew was 1000uf 10v and cost only 89p and took half hour desoldering old one and soldering new one on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

looking forward to try this as my skybox is not working at present , such a fantastic forum