Register
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default TWO WAYS to burn xgd3 to any dvd+r dl!!Updated!!

Hi friends,

Greetings from China We made serveral tests and found some secrets...

TO FULLY BURN XGD3 ON A 15-CENT-PRICED DISC (very common RICOHJPN-D01-67 media, any brand is possible)

First of all, we must get a Lite-On iHASx24 DVD burner (or their clones such as ASUS DRW-24B3ST and so on) and flash iXtreme Burner Max firmware.

After flash, run ImgBurn 2.5.6.0.

0.As in iXtreme Burner Max official tutorial, turn on Tools -> Settings -> Write -> Perform OPC Before Write, because RICOHJPN-D01-67 media is forced to perform write at least 4x speed.

1.Select "Write image file to disc" as usual.

2.Click "Advanced Settings" button in bottom right corner. (Marked red in screenshot)

3.Open Lite-On panel in Advanced Settings. It is required to click the individual "Change" button if you changed any setting item and a "Success" message will pop up to confirm the change.

- Turn on Online HyperTuning

- Turn on SmartBurn

- Turn off OverSpeed

- Optionally turn on or off Force HyperTuning according to your disc quality

Now you are ready to go! Enjoy XGD3 backups dear friends

Note that in our tests, some discs won't work at all even with all settings done!! Please try and buy another brand of disc if you encounter this.

!!please say if it works!!

press the thanks button on my 1st post 4 the guy, how about a thanks so, i can tell the guy who made it how many thanks he got from one site, in a private message!! i have already give him rep from me but, I'm sure he deserves a thanks aswell from here! if you wanna rep him for yourself then, pm me for the link on where to find him! can't send outside links here.

!!Way Two!!

This will fix it!!!! patch your games with this link http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...atches-249106/

then flash your ihas with this edited c4evas fw iHAS-124B-AL0S-MKM001MKM003-final_AONE+RITEK+MKM003x2speed.bin then restart your pc or laptop, this is for ihas 124b.

Then

Open IMGBurn and go to TOOLS>SETTINGS>WRITE. Clear the box that Performs OPC Before Write. Then go to TOOLS>SETTINGS>I/O and click Page 2 tab. Move buffer size between 71-73mb, Main Buffer Threshold to 25%, and Device to 50%. Press Ok
    Prepare to burn (Write Image File To Disc). On this page you can change the setting to burn at 2.4x and advanced settings (settings area bottom-right of the three icons in that area). Go to Lite-On tab...In the Change For: dropdown-list you will disable Forced HyperTuning, Online HyperTuning, and OverSpeed. If not enabled, Enable SmartBurn. Press OK.
    Burn your XGD3 and verify. It should verify at 100%.

This will fix it. the fw i posted is mine with my own link so i know its safe!! if you think its not safe do not use it.

all the edited fw does is lets aone and ritek disks burn at 2.4 speed, this will not ~~~~ your drive up. all dvd burners can burn at 2.4 speed, its just as good as c4s fw!

this will work for everyone, if you dont have a ihas124b pm me and i will edit the other fws so that these disks work for that burner!!!
    Last edited by djjwdubz; 19th January, 2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: (Updated) Two Ways To Burn With Aone+Ritek!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

yes this what i used,
    but make sure with imgburn you 'run as administrator'
    Last edited by saj1985; 23rd October, 2011 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nice one bro, thanks for letting us no man, now i can get the drive . thanks!!

the only thing is, i use newsgroups and it takes the iso out for me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djjwdubz View Post
    nice one bro, thanks for letting us no man, now i can get the drive . thanks!!

the only thing is, i use newsgroups and it takes the iso out for me!
    no worries, went through about 15 coasters
    Last edited by saj1985; 23rd October, 2011 at 10:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i use sabnzbd.exe!!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

What's up here?

Are we talking about downloding illegal downloads or?

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cunny View Post
    What's up here?

Are we talking about downloding illegal downloads or?
    nah mate, cunny you got your drive from ebuyer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Confirmed working with an Infiniti 360 Disc ID MBIPG101-R10-65. Burned and verified 100% at 4x GOW3 ISO. Installed to HDD no problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

As tut states RICOHJPN-D01-67 aone's verifiying 100% by this method, happy days!

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

y 'run as administrator' y not just dubble click and load img burn ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by samlen27 View Post
    y 'run as administrator' y not just dubble click and load img burn ?
    you'll get an error whilst trying to burn or verify ,
    if ya dont run as admin, dont know if its just on win7

feel free to try it just by double clicking if ya liike buddy!

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it didnt work on arita but i didnt run as administrator will try again later and post again,if not look like i got to go find some verbs

tried again running as admin and still failed on verify at 49%
    Last edited by samlen27; 24th October, 2011 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by maddy7 View Post
    Confirmed working with an Infiniti 360 Disc ID MBIPG101-R10-65. Burned and verified 100% at 4x GOW3 ISO. Installed to HDD no problem.
    False alarm. After successfully burning one disc as above. Now I get
    E 11:59:03 Optimum Power Calibration Failed! - Reason: Timeout on Logical Unit
    E 11:59:03 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:01:17

I also get write failures using the same discs and Deus Ex ISO that is verified in abgx360. It now fails at the layer break. In the past I have had no problems with these discs whatsoever. I'm using all the suggested settings. I powered the PC off once I started getting the new errors but it is the same afterwards.
    Next step is to try some verbs but considerig I am now having problems burning none XGD3 games which I had absolutely no problems with before I'm not confident. If you look up the problem imgburn suggest FW first then media. Maybe the FW has been tweaked so much it will only reliably work with verbs? But it is possible to break drives when trying to push them to do more than they are designed to do???

I'm not having a go at all the work that has gone in to this CFW just relating my experiences so people can save their discs. If only Verbs work reliably that is the way to go and not bother buying cheaper discs. The only thing to suss is the correct settings for the different verb discs to get reliable burns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maddy7 View Post
    False alarm. After successfully burning one disc as above. Now I get
    E 11:59:03 Optimum Power Calibration Failed! - Reason: Timeout on Logical Unit
    E 11:59:03 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:01:17

I also get write failures using the same discs and Deus Ex ISO that is verified in abgx360. It now fails at the layer break. In the past I have had no problems with these discs whatsoever. I'm using all the suggested settings. I powered the PC off once I started getting the new errors but it is the same afterwards.
    Next step is to try some verbs but considerig I am now having problems burning none XGD3 games which I had absolutely no problems with before I'm not confident. If you look up the problem imgburn suggest FW first then media. Maybe the FW has been tweaked so much it will only reliably work with verbs? But it is possible to break drives when trying to push them to do more than they are designed to do???

I'm not having a go at all the work that has gone in to this CFW just relating my experiences so people can save their discs. If only Verbs work reliably that is the way to go and not bother buying cheaper discs. The only thing to suss is the correct settings for the different verb discs to get reliable burns.
    Sorry to hear you're having problems with infiniti discs mate but every burn i've had since using this tutorial has been successful, all burned and verified 100%. I'm using aone gold dl discs which are most likely the cheapest on the market, perhaps you could try them?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just out of interest the problems people are having, are they any particular drive revisions or is it just random ones?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast