Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

jokey i am willing to pay for it and share it too but i just want to be sure that it works!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dionysiosg View Post
    jokey i am willing to pay for it and share it too but i just want to be sure that it works!
    My Friend
    His name speaks for itself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My friends,
    be aware of fact that reprograming of MTU MDEC or ADEC is not possible any way. Dont waste your money on diasys dongles. With diasys and dongle (also you need special cable from PC to MDEC) in best case you can read engine faults, calibrate injectors, possible to make changes in some irelevant parametars (as temperature of cold start.....) and look at readings from sensors.
    In case of guy who want to change fixed RPM form 1500 to 1800 RPM (read 50 to 60Hz on gensets) on MDEC answer is next:
    if MDEC is programed as dual-frequency you will have to open cover from MDEC and just turn one switch (before all this turn off power supply to MDEC). To get know is it yours engine dual-frequency programed you must contact MTU.
    If it is not dual, first you must ask MTU if it is possible to make yours MTU engine rotate on 1800 (be aware of fact that MTU knows by yours engine serial number to whom he sold particular engine and also knows every part witch they have used to build that particular engine. That is reason why MTU does not have EPC catalog, so every time you must ask MTU with yours engine serial number in order to get right spare parts).
    So, if MTU agrees that engine is capable to rotate on 1800rpm he will sell it, but before that he will ask for yours name or dongle number, because MTU will not sell it to anybody, only sertified serivce personel.
    To become sertified MTU service personel you must go to Fridrihshafen and finish few trainings also pay respectable amounth of money because in MTU everything is very very expencive! Then you will get priviledge to buy dongle (dongle level is in order of training level that you finished before), diasys and cables.
    If I am wright but not shure 100%, MDEC have eprom chip in witch is software with all engine parametars, so you dont need any diasys or dongles, you have just to remove old eprom from housing (very simple) and put new one, but however you can not get it if you are not MTU sertified service guy.
    For ADEC story is the same just you need to have IXXAT can converter, MTU cable for IXXAT to ADEC (connection is not directly on ADEC housing as it is on MDEC, it is on separate card) and again diasys ver.2.4 or higher and of course dongle of apropriate level!
    MDEC and ADEC are one of powerful engine ECU-s witch I have ever saw and MTU does not give priviledge to anybody except themselves to make any curcial engine parametars change.
    If engine doesnt work replace broken part with new one witch you must by from MTU and let engine work!
    I am working with MTU indirectly for almost 7 years so I need to write this one.
    If I can help just write......
    Last edited by jkostic; 8th March, 2012 at 08:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    352 Posts

Thank you brother jkostic for your very informative answers, I appreciate it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

there are few people here can use the software for MDEC with by pass dongle, but only can monitor/know what's the problem going on. not change parameter or anything....
    DK is The Most Valuable Site my friend
    Don't forget to do it

right place to share each other, not to

Don't do it when you sleep, will make big cost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jetdede For This Useful Post:

hajarbosmu (9th June, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

soo Mr Jkostic, to read and change some parameters need read from SAM boards via can bus, and not need dongle ???,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by motoraio italiano View Post
    soo Mr Jkostic, to read and change some parameters need read from SAM boards via can bus, and not need dongle ???,
    thank jkostic. all right. but i never see mtu program M/Adec multi speed.

hi friend. SAM module only applycation on MTU using ADEC engincontrol module. not for MDEC. MDEC use PIM module ( have 7seg led to display error code. and communication with MDEC via CAN protocon, only read error code but can't edit parameter)

with SAM and ADEC ( on SAM you have only edit speed demand down and up about 100rpm to sync, but can't changer from 50hz to 60 hz )

hello mathura. dongle MTU verry difficult.
    first you try jump wire ( x2 of MDEC, control iput jack) no 12 to gnd, 11 to vcc. disconnect power wait some second and return. run generator if MDEC has program multi speed if will run second speed. if not sussesfull:
    if you want changer MTU DDC 12v4000 use MDEC engine control module from 50hz to 60hz or reverse.
    send me ecm i will do it for you. you only need pay shipping cost for me.

hope helpfull.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by khadang; 7th March, 2013 at 03:24 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to khadang For This Useful Post:

cumminser (9th September, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi everybody
    what is configuration on any CAN node in MTU automation ???
    sincerely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123