Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930 LastLast
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    689 Posts

Giorgos213

Hi.
    Do as alexm1 wrote. Or read a few posts just on the previous page and you will find a solution to your problem. Of course, if the cable has an ATMEGA 162 chip inside
    Last edited by Mario6; 31st May, 2019 at 05:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

obd2cartool V2 has some different GAL logic. Get Kolimer loader 8.0 erase atmega, burn eeprom, flash and fuses. No need to set code protect against readout, just block rewriting boot block.. But you have to use 46 type files. Then you can upgrade via EE tool, but not needed. Tested with VCDS-Release-18.9.0-Installer_b164183bc43b6bcc95c75dded3dd634be4371ec3 .rar and Kolimer 8, V2 Clone with ATF16V8 in tssop and FT RQ. The versions with 7805 are probably not so bad, if you get a genuine ATF chip with correct content - its in the main topic. You have maybe to experiment a bit. Th culprit is some old PALCE or other crappy PLD, it is clearly seen its relabeled and has high power consumption, which overheats 7805 and mistunes xtal frequencies. Who knows what chips are genuine...for to be sure replace everything or spent a nice weekend building an own interface with known components.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexm1 View Post
    I wanna share with you an issue with a cable from obd2cartool.

I try to solve things with obd2cartool client support but, at first they said they not sell HW 44 (see pics from they site), after a while they admit to sell it, but keep ...talking with no real help, to bad..for them.
    did you solve your problem with obd2cartool?

I got a defective cable from them as well and got the same experience, they talk, they do not answer sometimes.
    I even bought another cable from them that is working to prove everything else is ok (car, laptop, software)

Curios if they refunded you in the end? Aliexpress do refund for products dead on arrival

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

I did not ask for a refund, because I need it the cable, so they sent another one that is working well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, (sorry for my bad english)

I am 2 vagcoms but both vagcoms are the same problem... the error with usb library, i think i need to reinstal the software,or if anyone knows if can do something else.
    first vagcom is V12.12 the other vagcom is 189.

Before I start reinstalling the software, I thought in the forum I asked what and how it is done, i worked with microcontrollers but with microcontroller itself. If anyone can help me with advice and dumps for reinstall the software on vagcom i would be greateful.
    I have something programmers but as I said I programmed on the microcontrollers themselves, with thw microcontroller down, on the pins. i dont know the vagcom is possibly to reinstall without detach the microcontroller?
    I have a TL886II plus programmer, arduino, USB ASP, I can do something with them?
    I ask because I haven't had to deal with reprogramming vagcom. what would be the procedure?
    I need the vagcom interface for my car because i want to make some modification but i need to activate functions from comfort module, and without vagcom i can not.
    I buyed recent the second interface 189 but i dont worket with she because i forgot the internet and she said me "goog bye" :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi everybody. anybody has vcds 18.9 loader ? thanks

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    689 Posts

Hi.
    You must be more precise. For which VCD $ do you need a loader:
    -what language?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Hello, i have symilar problems with vcds
    Vcds 17.8.0 - test ok, interface version ok, showing Interface not plugged into car. Both tries into the obd2 and without. It's showing the same error
    Vcds 18.2.0 - test ok, interface version ok, showing Interface not plugged into car , but when I plug it into car, it shows Interface not found.
    First vcds i think it might have been laumched with internet connected
    The second, i guess it has an internal fault... Something burned... Who cares... I would like to have time for repairing them, but... i don't have the nerves to search for solution. It's 50euro the 19.6.1 version...i just bought one today...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

has anyone got loader 19.6.2 English and can I use registration dat I already have cable HEX+CAN works with 18.9 vcds but will no longer update also will not give full drop down menu to code injectors only basic egr ect.
    its a chinese clone.
    Last edited by WOODWARD395; 2nd January, 2020 at 05:19 PM.
    Education is not the learning of facts, But the training of the mind to think

So hit the thanks button if I have enlightened you.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    689 Posts

Hi.
    Unscrew the cable and check if there is CHIP ATMEGA 162, ATMELL inside. If it is, you can reprogram the cable to a higher version using USB or a programmer. If there is no ATMEGA 162, only NEC or ARM buy a second one, because Activator 19.6.2 EN will not help you.

You can also look for SW 19.6.0c EN, which works with cables on NEC, ARM.

Search here.

https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forum...=1#post3639906
    Last edited by Mario6; 2nd January, 2020 at 06:25 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario6 For This Useful Post:

WOODWARD395 (2nd January, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

hi thanks for your reply it has
    ATMEGA 162 inside the only problem I'm having is trying to code new injectors as the injectors are not in adaption menu on vcd 18.9 or are all clones unable to code injectors etc.
    is it an easy fix to re program to higher version.
    just downloaded software need to get my head around it.
    I bought mine from OBD2CarTool.com HEX+CAN just replaced VCD.exe with VCD LOADER.exe and recognises cable so will test on car tomorrow should it be full working version. thanks.
    If this works I will be over the moon.
    edit update my injectors don't need coding as its older car that's why drop down menu is not full.
    Last edited by WOODWARD395; 3rd January, 2020 at 12:37 PM.
    Education is not the learning of facts, But the training of the mind to think

So hit the thanks button if I have enlightened you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gracias, me ha Thank you, it has served meseas me ha servido
    Thank you, it has served me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hello!!! There are VCDS 18.9 (soft + dump ATMEGA162+photo of fuse settings), if somebody needs
    Attached Files Attached Files

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fmod12 For This Useful Post:

Fabius72 (8th January, 2024), Limitlesstuning (25th May, 2020), manniac (16th June, 2023), nil (17th May, 2023), Rebello Brian (12th August, 2020), seal777 (22nd March, 2021), vagdiag0com (27th September, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

thanks a backup if something goes wrong

18. The Following User Says Thank You to goolby2020 For This Useful Post:

joze (27th July, 2020)