Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Default How to restore to original root an Galaxy S2

Hello,
    I hawe buy a Galaxy S2 yesterday and I would like to restore it to original software.
    Before it was root to clokword or something like these.
    And i Would like torestore all back to original.
    Can any one eplayn to me how to do it or advise me how or what to do please?
    I am realy beginer and not know to much about these.
    If It helps you try push the: Thanks and REP
    I do the same each time it helps.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SadCriss View Post
    Hello,
    I hawe buy a Galaxy S2 yesterday and I would like to restore it to original software.
    Before it was root to clokword or something like these.
    And i Would like torestore all back to original.
    Can any one eplayn to me how to do it or advise me how or what to do please?
    I am realy beginer and not know to much about these.
    If you really are a beginner and know nothing then I suggest you read as much info as you can about manual flashing using odin 3, then when you understand the processes and what each of the files do then come back and I will help you. It is the only way to do it but is not for the faint hearted. One mistake and the phone is bricked.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    If you really are a beginner and know nothing then I suggest you read as much info as you can about manual flashing using odin 3, then when you understand the processes and what each of the files do then come back and I will help you. It is the only way to do it but is not for the faint hearted. One mistake and the phone is bricked.

Hello,
    I hawe read some many post and I hawe dowland ODIN V1.85 too. and far as I understand whit odin I change firmware and after that need to change the root. Bu I whil need 4 difrent files like I hawe seen a movie on youtube. But I dont know where to ghet them.
    Please help me.

Best Regards
    Criss
    Last edited by SadCriss; 12th November, 2011 at 01:01 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Hello,
    I hawe read some many post and I hawe dowland ODIN V1.85 too. and far as I understand whit odin I change firmware and after that need to change the root. Bu I whil need 4 difrent files like I hawe seen a movie on youtube. But I dont know where to ghet them.
    Please help me.

Best Regards
    Criss
    If you now feel comfortable with the process make sure that when you are doing the flash process that you do not run out of electricity or do anything else that will interupt the process you will find all the original firmware here Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II but you will need to register to download them..Registration is free but I don't understand why you want to go back to stock from root. The choice is of course yours.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

If you now feel comfortable with the process make sure that when you are doing the flash process that you do not run out of electricity or do anything else that will interupt the process you will find all the original firmware here Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II but you will need to register to download them..Registration is free but I don't understand why you want to go back to stock from root. The choice is of course yours.
    Hello
    Problem is that the batery is dry out in 6 hours and the phone i not use it yet for cals. only for email check some skype and yahoo mess.
    After i put to original state and se if batery problem is resolved or need to buy new one i whil make a new custom root and all from a tested source.
    Probably some one from here whil advice me. Or maybe you know some trusted source to help me.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Hello
    Problem is that the batery is dry out in 6 hours and the phone i not use it yet for cals. only for email check some skype and yahoo mess.
    After i put to original state and se if batery problem is resolved or need to buy new one i whil make a new custom root and all from a tested source.
    Probably some one from here whil advice me. Or maybe you know some trusted source to help me.
    What do you have set up on the phone. Go into settings, about phone and let me know what the parts at the bottom say. I.e. baseband ,kernel, what firmware it is running. Then go into the part that says what's been using your battery in the about phone section. I need to know what % the android os is using.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

What do you have set up on the phone. Go into settings, about phone and let me know what the parts at the bottom say. I.e. baseband ,kernel, what firmware it is running. Then go into the part that says what's been using your battery in the about phone section. I need to know what % the android os is using.

I hawe take picture from it.
    I hope is ok like these and ghet the information you need.
    Attached Images Attached Images

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I hawe take picture from it.
    I hope is ok like these and ghet the information you need.
    You are running a rom from a relatively new developer who is having quite a few problems. He had released 9 versions of this rom in the last few months with varying degrees of success. Your biggest problem is that something is keeping the phone awake hence the high android system. My wifes s2 is stock and is around 10% my s is rooted with darky custom rom with titanium backup freezing the known system apps that cause the gingerbread battery drain and have known leaks thus draining battery very quickly and my android system runs at an average of 5%. Since your phone is already rooted why don't you pay a visit to www.darkyrom.com have a good read. In my opinion these are the most stable and smooth and not to forget fast custom rom developers in the business. You will find plenty info and suitable roms, the tutorials are usually very good as well.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Here you go mate [ROM][CWM][ODEXED][SGS2] DarkyROM2 XXKG2 Odexed Base R3 | DarkyROM if you find that darky may suit your needs there is no need to go hunting for the most stable rom available

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Here you go mate [ROM][CWM][ODEXED][SGS2] DarkyROM2 XXKG2 Odexed Base R3 | DarkyROM if you find that darky may suit your needs there is no need to go hunting for the most stable rom available
    Hello,
    So you mean I van use the firmware I hawe and only change rom?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Hello,
    So you mean I van use the firmware I hawe and only change rom?
    Yes follow the instructions for installing the custom rom if you are already rooted. But read everything carefully you have only yourself to blame if anything goes wrong.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Yes follow the instructions for installing the custom rom if you are already rooted. But read everything carefully you have only yourself to blame if anything goes wrong.
    Hello!!!

I just made it. all look ok for now. I hawe succes. I am realy happy now.
    Now I whil go up on market and get all the nice things for it.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy_highlander

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by SadCriss; 17th November, 2011 at 07:16 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

You are very welcome mate, have fun with darky. The first thing you need is titanium backup. What it does is backs up all your apps and personal data,,, contacts, photos that kind of stuff, then when you fancy putting a new rom on you click batch backup then install your new rom. After you have new rom you will find titanium is still in your files just load it back up and hit restore all apps and data. Job done all your personal settings are back to the way they were in the old rom...it takes less than 2 mins. Just restart your phone to restore all settings.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Do you know how to reset your battery stats to ensure you are getting the full use of your battery as installing a custom rom can sometimes play havoc with it only giving you a portion of your battery but indicating that it's full.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Do you know how to reset your battery stats to ensure you are getting the full use of your battery as installing a custom rom can sometimes play havoc with it only giving you a portion of your battery but indicating that it's full.
    Thank You

I dont know realy how to do the batery reset.
    But now another problem apear...
    Can you help me fix it please.
    I hawe try to instal the nice apps from the other threat found here and.... these is mesage i always get. i hawe try instal 3 timese the app but same hapens. uninstal and reinstal but same.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast