Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garry1312 View Post
    That guarantee is very impressive cant see you finding that elsewhere easily.

Personally I would never own a Samsung TV I am not a fan. Look at LG's tv's mate excellent quality, nicely priced and if your wanting to spend 100-200 extra there cinema range TV's come with like 8 pairs of glasses and you can use the same glasses you use in the cinema for 3d rather than the expensive 3d tv glasses.
    Thanks for the reply. Just out of interest why dont you like Samsung? LG are good with TV's I do admit and are under rated, they are the ones that actually invented alot of the technology in use for TV's nowadays.

It would be great if you could give me some models numbers. Something that beats this model for the price as I have narrowed it to this: Samsung UE32D6100. It is for the bedroom so I need 32 inch.

3D,LED, 200htz, Internet TV (Smart TV), HD Freeview. The cheapest I have found is 420 pounds. If anyone has found a tv with these features for a better price I will buy!! So far however this is extremly close to getting my hard earned money. (Im a furniture fitter, not greatly paid! Lol)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I know a few people who have bought Samsung TVs and had faults with them common one being lines across the screen.

Just a few weeks ago actually the Mrs sister had to send one back for that reason.

I also think they are overrated. Also several that I have seen in friends/ families houses I have not been impressed by picture quality.

I think LG was underrated in the TV market but I think more and more people are realising that LG make TV's and they make them well.

If you are not to interested in internet TV (hook the comp up to it)

Heres a LG one and 400hz.

LG 3D TV | LG 32LW450U 32in Full HD LED Cinema 3D TV.. | Ebuyer.com

bit dearer but not by much.

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know a few people who have bought Samsung TVs and had faults with them common one being lines across the screen.

Just a few weeks ago actually the Mrs sister had to send one back for that reason.

I also think they are overrated. Also several that I have seen in friends/ families houses I have not been impressed by picture quality.

I think LG was underrated in the TV market but I think more and more people are realising that LG make TV's and they make them well.

If you are not to interested in internet TV (hook the comp up to it)

Heres a LG one and 400hz.

LG 3D TV | LG 32LW450U 32in Full HD LED Cinema 3D TV.. | Ebuyer.com

bit dearer but not by much.
    Thanks Gary! Yeh loving the 400hz but its missing two keys features which are quite key in modern tv sets..No Hd Freeview and also Internet Tv which the Samsung has. I think I will just go for the Samsung now..lastly even though you are not a fan of Samsung would you given the features say it is ok for the money its worth? Cheers, Rob

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

i think i remember seeing an add on unit for a non lan tv to use the internet,if only i could have read the name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rob619 View Post
    Thanks Gary! Yeh loving the 400hz but its missing two keys features which are quite key in modern tv sets..No Hd Freeview and also Internet Tv which the Samsung has. I think I will just go for the Samsung now..lastly even though you are not a fan of Samsung would you given the features say it is ok for the money its worth? Cheers, Rob
    For me HD freeview is not much of a issue and same with internet TV, view all my TV on the Dreambox, it also has youtube on it and connect the PC through the TV also.

Yeah looks a cracking price mate be hard to beat it. Also not saying there is anything wrong with Samsung TV's the way I feel about them is just a personal preference and also the fact that I am a huge LG fan when it comes to TV's. Plenty of people out there that recommend Samsung's.

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For me HD freeview is not much of a issue and same with internet TV, view all my TV on the Dreambox, it also has youtube on it and connect the PC through the TV also.

Yeah looks a cracking price mate be hard to beat it. Also not saying there is anything wrong with Samsung TV's the way I feel about them is just a personal preference and also the fact that I am a huge LG fan when it comes to TV's. Plenty of people out there that recommend Samsung's.
    Hey unfortunately my search has now taken a turn for the worst! Appartently Samsung use a 3D which has "active shutter" display meaning it is prone to flickering and the glasses require a battery which the glases alone cost 60/30 a pair! Lg use "passive" 3D technology meaning can use any 3D glasses, less damage is done to eyes and the 3D is better, more vivid.

If only LG did a Hd Freeview and Internet ready TV I would get it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Get a dish stuck up mate and go for a sat setup

What is it you want out of internet tv? Its not something that has appealed to me.

Yeah and they sort of glasses cost a arm and a leg mate least with the LG cinema range its the same 3D glasses as the cinema, you get like 7 pairs with the TV and then you can also buy them for ?1 each I think compared to ?50-?100 each.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Get a dish stuck up mate and go for a sat setup

What is it you want out of internet tv? Its not something that has appealed to me.

Yeah and they sort of glasses cost a arm and a leg mate least with the LG cinema range its the same 3D glasses as the cinema, you get like 7 pairs with the TV and then you can also buy them for ?1 each I think compared to ?50-?100 each.

Hey Gary. Well I think its cool having smart internet tv's as there called. I am a member of Lovefilm and the fact that they have it in built is great. Normally I have to take the ps3 downstairs with all the connections etc so everybody can watch.

I am just very suprised LG have not got a Hdfreeview with Internet TV on the market, most other companies have!
    I would get the Samsung mentioned as that has all but the glasses thing is bugging me! Just doesnt sound good to your eyes the way the active glasses are constantly tricking eyes with lighting etc, while passive is more forgiving. Most reviews I have read are favourable to passive 3D aswell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Can see what you mean if you have a sub to lovefilm. Me I just download them stick them over to the Dreambox and watch through the tv

That is surprising its not something I have noticed but it's not two features I look for.

Yeah for me it would need to be passive not even that but the cost of the other glasses is just a complete joke.

Not went 3D yet still trying to talk the Mrs in to it but she's not budging, our current livingroom TV is not even a year old yet so I have some battle ahead .

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can see what you mean if you have a sub to lovefilm. Me I just download them stick them over to the Dreambox and watch through the tv

That is surprising its not something I have noticed but it's not two features I look for.

Yeah for me it would need to be passive not even that but the cost of the other glasses is just a complete joke.

Not went 3D yet still trying to talk the Mrs in to it but she's not budging, our current livingroom TV is not even a year old yet so I have some battle ahead .
    Haha, great comment. I am in a similar situation but have lost the battle! Now resorted to putting it into my bedroom thats why I'am on the look for a smaller size model (32 inch).

I used to download and put on usb like you however I'am a big gamer and works out cheaper if I just rent games from them etc Other peps in the household can use the Lovefilm on the TV internet built in, hence me looking for it desperately! I really dno at times I am soo close to getting the Samsung, but the cost for 2 pairs of glasses is close to 70 pounds, big joke! I remeber back in the good old days and even now, you can get a TV with that amount!! Also the active technology can't be that bad?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default RUNNING FREEVIEW ON TV IN THE UNITED STATES

Is there software to run all channels here in the states for free without vpn server. I am using expatshield for viewing all. I am trying to find a way to hack into latest version of filmon as well.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

have you looked at this
    Buy Sony CX523 40 Inch Full HD 1080p Freeview HD LCD Internet TV at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for LCD TVs.

?450 but then you claim ?100 cashback from Sony so really ?350

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the info. Yes it is a good TV and very good value for money!

However I have just brought this: Samsung UE37D6530

I have paid 600 for it, as an ex-display model. Which I think is good value for money. Currys have it for 800 pounds

What does everyone think of this TV?? I have read review and they are generally positive: Samsung UE37D6530 review | T3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12