Register
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default POSTS LIKE THIS..

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/you-all-23986/

I know that DF and the mods don't like the idea of restricting access to d/loads too much, but surely posts like the above are in favour of admin manually checking each post before allowing the user to d/load?
    thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thankfully these posts are few and far between

damn fcuking annoying i know but what can you do!!!

dk being like it is has helped it grow into what it is and to change things everytime you get a tw*t like that on would be a shame(i think)

when the sea gulls follow the trawler,it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea

gmb45

Default checking posts

manually checking posts means a lot of trouble for admin shady ive no doubt devilfish has better things to do, just ban them its their loss not ours, and what about when they need help again they are the losers eh.Admin can stop their computer from getting access but they could use someone elses so not a lot can be done from them getting a fix,perhaps up the number of posts before download i dont know see what devilfish says.your going to get some tw-ts no matter what, dont let it bother you m8.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Some sad people around who come for help and leave abuse. No sense upping the post count for downloads as idiots will just post more sh1t, he already has 6. Staff cant be here all the time so there will always be idiots who slip through the net like that...but now you have pointed him out shady I would imagine he will be banned.

I dont know why the just cant come and post once, get their file and leave happy, if they need other help then they can ask.

The are few and far between though as said before.

gmb45

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    Some sad people around who come for help and leave abuse. No sense upping the post count for downloads as idiots will just post more sh1t, he already has 6. Staff cant be here all the time so there will always be idiots who slip through the net like that...but now you have pointed him out shady I would imagine he will be banned.

I dont know why the just cant come and post once, get their file and leave happy, if they need other help then they can ask.

The are few and far between though as said before.
    wish i was the kid in the pic jaffa.

Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

New members are in the range of 160 - 600 per day - there's no way I'm checking every members first post and I would never ask anyone else to do so either!

If you had reported the post, all mods and admin would have received an email about the post and it would have been removed quicker than posting in here!

This is one bad apple in a massive basket! Posts like this are uncommon.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we won't be restricting downloads.
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

gmb45

Quote Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
    New members are in the range of 160 - 600 per day - there's no way I'm checking every members first post and I would never ask anyone else to do so either!

If you had reported the post, all mods and admin would have received an email about the post and it would have been removed quicker than posting in here!

This is one bad apple in a massive basket! Posts like this are uncommon.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we won't be restricting downloads.
    well said m8

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

And....im too late to see the post or its content..damn me...lazy ~~~~er sleeping when this thread started..but then again im on all night...

Read the Rules here; they apply to EveryOne.

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 motor powered by UsalS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well as we can report posts to the mods and Admins best that were just more diligent as members. I myself have seen posts and have not reported them which i should!

Dowie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Intersting reading, I host a forum myself for elevator people and in the main most members are decent, but you do get the odd one that for whatever reason cannot be reasoned with.
    It is very difficult to monitor every single post so one tends to rely a bit on otgher members reporting infractions.
    I try to take a very liberal approach and give people the benifit of the doubt, for the most part it works well but you simply never will please everyone no matter how hard you try.

I like the layout and presentation of these forums and I know a lot has been put into it by the admin. Well done it looks like a great site.

Elevators

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Following up on something mentioned here...
    I am a relative newcomer to this and have very little to contribute to the forums as of now. Yet in order to download I am expected to post 5 times but I have nothing to contribute at this stage. Surely there is a better way of validating relative newcomers to the process.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fergrah View Post
    I am a relative newcomer to this and have very little to contribute to the forums as of now. Yet in order to download I am expected to post 5 times but I have nothing to contribute at this stage. Surely there is a better way of validating relative newcomers to the process.
    if your just going to post crap use my link in my sig below and have a nice day
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fergrah View Post
    Unless it has changed i am sure it is only 1 post. We dont like 5x the spam we get.

Read the Rules here; they apply to EveryOne.

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 motor powered by UsalS