Register
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok will give that a try. How do I set postloader to autoboot neek2o ?

Managed to get into uneek mode, still shows flashing blue light through. My setup is Priiloader-->Postloader-->autoboot neek2o
    Last edited by slipx; 27th January, 2012 at 10:36 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slipx View Post
    Ok will give that a try. How do I set postloader to autoboot neek2o ?

Managed to get into uneek mode, still shows flashing blue light through. My setup is Priiloader-->Postloader-->autoboot neek2o
    what do you mean you got into uneek mode but still have a flashing blue light do you mean neek2o has launched but you still can't load games, or you still are not in your emu nand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I managed to figure out how to configure postloader to autoboot into neek2o. Problem is it still goes to black screen with drive flashing blue light.

I also tried renaming modmii folder but same problem. Using rev72 of neek2o.

Postloader can see both usb and sd card. Picks up my backup games in the wbfs folder on the usb. Not sure what else to try?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I managed to figure out how to configure postloader to autoboot into neek2o. Problem is it still goes to black screen with drive flashing blue light.

I also tried renaming modmii folder but same problem. Using rev72 of neek2o.

Postloader can see both usb and sd card. Picks up my backup games in the wbfs folder on the usb. Not sure what else to try?
    Ok stop priiloader and post loader autobooting and try this

Originally Posted by BARBADEARVORE
    Hi,
    I could never load the nand by neek2o channel. It gives-me allways the black screen and the flashing blue light in the dvd drive.
    Instead, I managed to load the nand in another way:
    In the sd card i have a copy of the "bootmiineek" folder and rename it "bootmii".
    Then, in the Homebrew channel i press the home button and then select "launch bootmii". Then i wait for a litle bit and finaly the emulated nand is loaded. I'm using sd/usb content that i have downloaded from previous HH post. Hope this could help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Ok stop priiloader and post loader autobooting and try this

Originally Posted by BARBADEARVORE
    Hi,
    I could never load the nand by neek2o channel. It gives-me allways the black screen and the flashing blue light in the dvd drive.
    Instead, I managed to load the nand in another way:
    In the sd card i have a copy of the "bootmiineek" folder and rename it "bootmii".
    Then, in the Homebrew channel i press the home button and then select "launch bootmii". Then i wait for a litle bit and finaly the emulated nand is loaded. I'm using sd/usb content that i have downloaded from previous HH post. Hope this could help.
    Tried that. Still black screen and flashing blue light. Maybe I should just try the hex edit?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Tried that. Still black screen and flashing blue light. Maybe I should just try the hex edit?
    before you try anything else are you sure that you have everything formatted correctly and the correct file structure....You have never said are you using a mains powered hdd or usb powered hdd, the majority of the people that cannot get this to install are using usb powered hdd check our pm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm giving up now. neek2o simply does not run on a seagate freeagent go. Even after recompiling the fs-usb module to introduce a wait loop for the drive to respond and all the other tips suggested above. If anyone else manages to get it working I'd be interested to hear.

Cheers

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I'm giving up now. neek2o simply does not run on a seagate freeagent go. Even after recompiling the fs-usb module to introduce a wait loop for the drive to respond and all the other tips suggested above. If anyone else manages to get it working I'd be interested to hear.

Cheers
    I'll keep my ear to the ground and if I hear any progress on usb powered drives I'll let you know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you great post like it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Total Noob needs help. Trying to use a thumb drive as it is all I have but can't format with 32 kb clusters. Even Easus partition manager will only let me create 16kb clusters. Are 32 kb clusters imperative? Used ModMii to get sd and usb file setup and backup file on thumb drive will load with usb loader GX but can't get neek2o channel to recognize nand - just get a black screen and then wii reboots. All help appreciated. Going to try and get sd and usb without nand files and try with ModMii created nand and will report back.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swinelord View Post
    Total Noob needs help. Trying to use a thumb drive as it is all I have but can't format with 32 kb clusters. Even Easus partition manager will only let me create 16kb clusters. Are 32 kb clusters imperative? Used ModMii to get sd and usb file setup and backup file on thumb drive will load with usb loader GX but can't get neek2o channel to recognize nand - just get a black screen and then wii reboots. All help appreciated. Going to try and get sd and usb without nand files and try with ModMii created nand and will report back.
    Thumb drive won't work and 16 kb clusters splits it up into to many parts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for prompt reply. Gave up on thumb drive and found an old Kaser 250 GB usb drive in a drawer. Formatted FAT32 and I think cluster size is 32 (is there a way to check from Vista). Anyway still no go. Using the Neek2o channel wii just reboots after a few seconds of a black screen and takes me back to system menu. I do have a backup file on this drive that reads fine with USB loader GX. Will try the no nand setup provided by Highlander and report back. Is there anyway to know if an HDD is compatible?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swinelord View Post
    Is there anyway to know if an HDD is compatible?
    Only checking the drive model in USB Compatibility List and Wii USB Compatibility List. Your Kaser 250GB doesn't appear to be listed.
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good news! Got neek2o to work using the launch bootmii from the homewbrew channel with bootmiineek renamed to bootmii. Yeah!!!! Thanks to all posters and again for the rapid response and special thanks to Highlander for uploading the neek2o no nand files!
    Bad news - never content with success I tried to get Pokemon Ranch to load for my daughter. Added to my emu nand using ShowmiiWads and it appears as a channel but when I tried to load I just got a black screen. Thought it might be an IOS problem so checked what IOS it uses which is 35. STUPID me I tried to load IOS 35 from the Multi Mod Manager and crashed my neek2o setup. Now I can't get back into neek2o despite having erased SNEEK folder from USB drive, retransferring the nand I was using with the working setup and reformatting the sd card and recopying HH's setup back on. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong. I figure I may have bricked my emulated NAND but if I erase it and copy a backup NAND back on it should work no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Update to my last post - through some trick of the Hacking gods neek2o is back up and running! Anyone out there had any success with Pokemon Ranch? (my daughter really wants to play this game).