Neek2o Setup and installation guide - Page 13
Register
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yet another update - now I can get into my emulated Nand but post loader, wiiflow etc. won;t work - get 3 flashes from disc led. I remember that this represents an error code but haven't looked it up yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default newbie at wits end

Hi there,

I have in the past been able to softmod my kid wii by installing the USB GX loader. For him it is very easy to use but some recent games are not playable (ie, Tin Tin and part of Disney Universe).

While reading through some sites the instrallation of neek2o was recommended. I have followed the steps in the tutorial up and until running the SD and USB together for the first time. Once I boot up, and go to HBC all I get are 3 options (Joyflow, MMM and postloader). From what I gather, I should run preloader. However, all I get is a countdown looking for the USB and then an error message that the Configuration file is missing. While the countdown is going the controller is unresponsive and then once the error message shows up stating that I should boot from USB or SD, it simply hangs there.

I have the SD formatted in FAT and the USB (Western Digital My Passport USB3.0) in FAT 32 using EASUS. I have the USB set as primary partition and have 6 games (for testing purposes) in the WBFS folder, which were copied with Wii Backup Manager.

I don-t know what else to do. I have read about deleting the config file in the USB within the BIN file (not exactly sure what tool to use for this)... But I take it that this should not be the problem just yet, as I am unable to finish even the installation of the channels.

Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated. I am no expert on Wii at all (), so any patience is welcome as well.... ()

Thanks to all!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Launch mmm from hbc then go to wad manager and install neek2o forwarder channel. You then use the forwarder to launch neek2o the same as you would any usb loader

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi HH,

I solved part of my problem, which was not clear in the instructions... As per one of your many responses:

"Edit sorry bout the postloader bit that has now changed to mmm thanks for pointing that out mate guide has now been changed. Launch hbc and select mmm reload to ios236 then go to wads and install neek2o channel."

This, clearly made the difference to installing the SNEEK channel.

Now, (as usual nothing is easy) the problem is the black screen after pressing START in the Sneed Channel... I will redo my USB Drive to see if I may have missed anything... My only concern is if the drive, for being USB3.0 may have an incompatibility... (WD My Passport WDBACX7500ARD-01)...

Anyway, as you DID mention ... PATIENCE, and lots of it are needed...

Thanks for any help...!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My problem was that I had IOS58 selected and not ios236 as you mentioned... Before, I was unable to install the channel from MMM, until I changed that part... thanks!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I'm not sure how well usb 3.0 drives work with the wii as I think the wii is only usb 1.1. One thing that may work for you having a faster access drive is to format to fat 32 with 64kb clusters as apposed to 32kb. I'm sure that was how we got round an issue with a usb 3.0 drive before

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by super13 View Post
    i boot the channel and it goes black screen. I know it said it would take a while but how long is a while?
    this is what im getting also.. i think i need to check my directory structure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a WII with US region NTSC setup , I also installed neek2o with the same US region so that i dont have to sync remotes every time. I suppose you cannot plan PAL version of tintin on that. it keeps freezing on startup.

Can we have multiple neek2o setups (pal & ntsc ) on the same wii?
    can someone please point me to links on how to configure it without the hazzle of syncing remotes every time.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by samjoandco View Post
    I have a WII with US region NTSC setup , I also installed neek2o with the same US region so that i dont have to sync remotes every time. I suppose you cannot plan PAL version of tintin on that. it keeps freezing on startup.

Can we have multiple neek2o setups (pal & ntsc ) on the same wii?
    can someone please point me to links on how to configure it without the hazzle of syncing remotes every time.
    Yes you can have both pal and ntsc on the same wii. Use modmii to built a 4.3 pal nand then add it to your nands folder. Delete the nands config file in the sneek folder on the hdd then launch neek2o. Press "1" to enter full sneek mode then "+" for settings, navigate down to select emunand then press right on the dpad this will change your nand. Don't forget to switch back as it doesn't do it automatically for you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Strange results

Firstly, thanks for the install instructions. I have followed them to the letter and everything is working, but in a fashion. I'm trying to run a backup of tintin to test the neek2o features. I can run the game from JoyFlow, but the disk access crawls making the game crash eventually. I'm running the system in UNEEK+DI (using modmii and your instructions running latest ver 75) and trying to access the games through a usb enclosure. If I use game loader gx in the real nand then usb disk access is fast and tintin runs really well until the game attempts to save (as expected). In Neek2o nand, the cut scenes in TinTin are pratically unwatchable and eventually crashes. My 2gb SD card is formatted to 32 sectors per cluster and also my usb hdd is formatted the same FAT32 32 sectors per cluster. I've tried about a dozen installs - all with the same outcome. I've used two seperate enclosures with different disks.

Looking at the modmii gui there seemed to be an option for SNEEK +DI which promises nand on SD, but also run games from a usb HDD.I havent managed to get this to work - i suspect it could be a typo on the installer? This setup would make more sense to me if the slow down is caused by emulating and running the nand environment from the same drive as i'm loading a game from.

Can anyone give me a heads up on why tintin is running so slowly? - also i tried a couple of other games which also crawl along. Thanks for your time reading this reply and i hope that you can help me, theres something wrong somewhere!

Much appreciated.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattblackhq View Post
    Firstly, thanks for the install instructions. I have followed them to the letter and everything is working, but in a fashion. I'm trying to run a backup of tintin to test the neek2o features. I can run the game from JoyFlow, but the disk access crawls making the game crash eventually. I'm running the system in UNEEK+DI (using modmii and your instructions running latest ver 75) and trying to access the games through a usb enclosure. If I use game loader gx in the real nand then usb disk access is fast and tintin runs really well until the game attempts to save (as expected). In Neek2o nand, the cut scenes in TinTin are pratically unwatchable and eventually crashes. My 2gb SD card is formatted to 32 sectors per cluster and also my usb hdd is formatted the same FAT32 32 sectors per cluster. I've tried about a dozen installs - all with the same outcome. I've used two seperate enclosures with different disks.

Looking at the modmii gui there seemed to be an option for SNEEK +DI which promises nand on SD, but also run games from a usb HDD.I havent managed to get this to work - i suspect it could be a typo on the installer? This setup would make more sense to me if the slow down is caused by emulating and running the nand environment from the same drive as i'm loading a game from.

Can anyone give me a heads up on why tintin is running so slowly? - also i tried a couple of other games which also crawl along. Thanks for your time reading this reply and i hope that you can help me, theres something wrong somewhere!

Much appreciated.
    Don't load it from joyflow, to run a game in true sneek settings, press "1" on the wiimote when on the main screen this will bring yup all the games you have on the hdd. Select tin tin and if you don't change games again by pressing 1 tin tin will stay showing in the disc channel. You can them just run it from there. To change games press 1 and select another game, this will now stay in the disc channel instead of tin tin and so it goes on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the help Highlander, I tried that this morning and still get the same issues. I think, in my quest to get it working through JoyFlow, I may have installed some cios wads. I understand that this should not be necessary and so I will remove the nand and try again. I'll let you know of my results.

If there was an issue with my HDD then I would have had a fail by now and when accessing usb through my real nand, its rapid.

Food for thought . . . . .

Thankyou.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Thanks for the help Highlander, I tried that this morning and still get the same issues. I think, in my quest to get it working through JoyFlow, I may have installed some cios wads. I understand that this should not be necessary and so I will remove the nand and try again. I'll let you know of my results.

If there was an issue with my HDD then I would have had a fail by now and when accessing usb through my real nand, its rapid.

Food for thought . . . . .

Thankyou.
    You will have messed up the nand by installing cios, so you are correct in thinking a new nand will sort it out, if there was any sort of issue with hdd not bring compatible with neek2o it just wouldn't load mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok at lunch I built a new nand from modwii - chose not to install the cios rev 14 and then followed your guide. This was marginally better, but still the cut scenes are unwatchable. Any further ideas? I'm downloading an NTSC version to see if there is a problem with the backup iso I made.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Ok at lunch I built a new nand from modwii - chose not to install the cios rev 14 and then followed your guide. This was marginally better, but still the cut scenes are unwatchable. Any further ideas? I'm downloading an NTSC version to see if there is a problem with the backup iso I made.
    You will need cios 249 rev 14