V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SIATHEPIRATE View Post
    Hi,
    I know this thread is old but I'm having problems with neek2o
    I folowwed all steps and installed neek2o, I use a 216 GB USB flash drive for my games and it's formatted to FAT32 with 32 Kb clusters.
    when I start the neek2o from wii menu it just flashes back after a while to wii menu again would you please help
    Have you remembered to put a game on the drive as this is the most common cause for neek2o jumping straight back to original nand closely followed by incompatible drive. Neek2o is very picky. Keith a syscheck won't really help you with this issue as neek2o doesn't run on custom ios it runs a simulated nand on original ios which is why it is so compatible with games. Pry the same can't be said about it's compatibility with drives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Thats ok sorry I said anything.
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Not having a go Keith just pointing out that you won't see anything wrong that will make neek2o work in a syscheck. It is a whole different ball game to a regular softmod with many more pitfalls for not a huge amount of gain now that cios are as stealthy as they are now. The only game I know of that needs neek2o is tin tin. Almost everything else will run from cios nowadays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

That ok HH I know your not having a go at me your just putting me right on whats need to run neek2o.

Well all I can say why are they bothering with neek2o when a correctly softmodded Wii will play virtually any game on the market.

I won't tell you how many games I have as I wrongfully did before.
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Lol at games. I agree that neek2o is not as necessary as it used to be. I only installed it in the first place so that I could write a tutorial on how to install it as there was no install instructions from the devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

Having some troubles with neek2o. I've installed it and it starts up but it freezes up after it reboots into the emulated nand. The first time I only made it as far as typing in the date, the second time I was quick enough that I got it all setup, told me to "Press A" by where the health check would of been and then the entire system freezes up. Attempting it again resulted in the same error, its like after so many seconds it locks up no matter where you are. Got my external hdd with 32gb fat32(1st partion), is there another way for me to have an unlimited amount of wads installed?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Yes use either sneek (sd card) or uneek (hdd) does the same as neek2o but is s bit more permanent. There are loads of tutorials around

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So having trouble running neek2o....I got it installed fine, but every time I launch it, it gets to Reloading bootmii IOS! and freezes.....any ideas? I have cIOS installed but in reading this thread, that doesn't seem to make a difference. Also, I have a 232gb external hd in FAT32 with 32 byte clusters with only one partition and I have 4 games in the wbfs folder. Any help would be appreciated!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Try building another nand. Preferably in the same region as your console until you get it running. It is very very picky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have this working more or less after trying several different drives and nand builds.
    The most recent ModMii does not build a working COPY_TO_SD for UNEED+DI for me (it just blackscreens).

I found some guide which included a zip of the SD and I tried that -> starts ok.
    ModMii does build working nands.

I can now boot SNEEK from boot2 and it starts up every time. I have used a Toshiba Stor-Alu 1TB (usb powered) and a Samsung Storage Station 1GB (mains powered) with success.

Onto the problem: Some games work and others don't. The ones which do not work will just hang after starting the game. DVD change happens ok, the game starts, there are the usual screens about using the remotes and the game intro starts but then it hangs.
    Just Dance 2014 will display a message "read disc" on a black screen. Medal of Honor 2 will hang on the "EA" screen.

My guess is the emulated nand is missing some IOS file. The games are missing the update partition, so I guess the IOS does not get required updates.
    I tried updating from Nintendo, that failed as well.
    I have built 4 different nands with ModMii but the games always fail on exactly the same spot.
    I tried to run PimpMyWii on one of the nands. That did update quite a few IOS but still the same problem.

Both games are working fine on the real nand with USB Loader GX.

Any hints ? Thanks !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HI need help pls with neek2o
    so i built neek2o rev 96 with modmii 6.3.1
    next copy files to SD and HDD
    and got an error installing the neek2o wad (Ticket (-2011), or something) which was fixed by changing the IOS from 58 to 249 from within MMM before installing the wad
    finally i launched neek2o channel and that's what i saw
    so what did I do wrong??

FErfG7xGszQ.jpg

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Build a new nand and sd/hdd configs and start again. I haven't needed to build a nand since early 2012 so not sure what modmii does for you anymore. It may be worth while changing to cios 236 in mmm before installing the wad to see if that helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi folks, having trouble with neek2o and wondering if anyone could help.

I have a 4.3E Wii, softmodded and ready. I used MMM on IOS236 to install neek2o channel. My extHDD is an IOMega LPHD160-U, data USB in lower port, power USB in higher port. It is FAT32 32k cluster size, sole partition on the drive. There's a rake of games in folders in wbfs. I have built a NAND with the same region and SM version as my console and placed it in nands. I have copied over the cert.sys and shared2 from real NAND.

When launching neek2o channel, i get the command line info that confirms all is working, then after a period of time I get the custom Wii health screen. After I press A the screen stays black indefinitely. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMouse View Post
    Hi folks, having trouble with neek2o and wondering if anyone could help.

I have a 4.3E Wii, softmodded and ready. I used MMM on IOS236 to install neek2o channel. My extHDD is an IOMega LPHD160-U, data USB in lower port, power USB in higher port. It is FAT32 32k cluster size, sole partition on the drive. There's a rake of games in folders in wbfs. I have built a NAND with the same region and SM version as my console and placed it in nands. I have copied over the cert.sys and shared2 from real NAND.

When launching neek2o channel, i get the command line info that confirms all is working, then after a period of time I get the custom Wii health screen. After I press A the screen stays black indefinitely. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
    Worked it out, if anyone's interested. Having a tonne of WiiWare/VC games on the NAND causes the system menu not to load, so I removed them, loaded it up, set it to autoboot to Wiiflow, and put them back on. Turns out some of my .wbfs games won't load from NEEK2O Wiiflow though so I've decided to just stick to loading from realNAND.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is there a limit to number of WiiWare & Virtual games in Neek20?

I know this is an old thread but I hope somebody is watching. So, since Neek2O opens to an emulated Wii, will ALL my WiWare games populate the "channels". In other words, the Wii has something like 60 "channels". What happens if I have more than 60 games. Does the Wii create more channels or am I limited to that number of channels? Curious, since I only use 1 page of the Wii for channels. Is that the reason for people using WiiFlow? Thanks for any help!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617