Register
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HH,

I've follow the guid and have neek2o channel showing in my system menu, I can click it and get into neek2o, then I see a screen with only one channel (like a disc or sth), and when I click "start", if flashes a message saying "loading, please wait" then goes black, and after a while the disc drive on the wii keep flashing, but still nothing on the screen.

I compare the file structure with what you posted in "neek2o no nand", and find out that modmii only created folder "bootmiineek" and "sneek" in the "copy_to_sd" folder, there is no any other stuff as shown in your rar file.

Also, in the "nands" folder under "copy_to_usb", which is created by modmii, there is only a empty subfolder "pl_us" in it (..\modmii\copy_to_usb\nands\pl_us).

Could you please let me know what I am missing?

Thanks,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

modmii create a bunch of wad files in the modmii/temp/wad folder, I've only installed the one named "neek2o_NK2O_1.wad" using the wad manager, is that a problem?

thx

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peterp13 View Post
    modmii create a bunch of wad files in the modmii/temp/wad folder, I've only installed the one named "neek2o_NK2O_1.wad" using the wad manager, is that a problem?

thx
    You can either start from scratch again or use the folders and files from the neek2o no nand set up. It is working perfectly you just need to add your own nand into the copy to usb folder, which should be a nands folder on the root of your fat 32 partition with pl_us or pl_eu or both. Not quite sure what's up with modmii at the minute but it seems a bit hit and miss on whether you get the correct files.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply, HH.

But could you please also let me know where to find a nand file? or how to creat one myself?

tanks again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

fyi, i've run modmii 5.0.0 again, but same outcome. no enough folders created.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Thanks for the reply, HH.

But could you please also let me know where to find a nand file? or how to creat one myself?

tanks again
    you use modmii but instead of selecting all the files for sneek setup you choose create nand only and it will build you a nand in the region and wii version of your choice. Or you could do it the hard way and use your own nand backup that you made when you done your soft mod. I would go through the process with you but if you are new to this kind of setup then it will only confuse you, best thing to do is run modmii again and build a 4.3 nand in whatever region most of your games are in. If you want to use online play you will need to use the region that is the same as your original and then insert YOUR wii serial number when prompted.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

fyi, i've run modmii 5.0.0 again, but same outcome. no enough folders created.
    didn't know it was up to 5.0.0...I'll update mine and run it to see what it gives me but just use the files from the working setup and add your nand build in it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry, HH. I am not sure how to add nand file, pleasw let me know where could I get it, or how do I make one?

thanks

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

sorry, HH. I am not sure how to add nand file, pleasw let me know where could I get it, or how do I make one?

thanks
    I have just run the new modmii and got a perfect download of all required files for a neek2o setup. Like i said modmii will build you a nand

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I can build you the file structure and nand of your choice to get you up and running but online gameplay won't work as you need to use your serial and files (works best from a backup of your original nand) that relate to your nintendo online connection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, HH.

I guess I want 2 nands, one for 4.3 Usa, the other for 4.3 Pal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really have no idea what I am missing. I followed guide and run modmii 5.0 then it creates the following folders:

copy_to_sd\bootmiineek
    copy_to_sd\sneek
    copy_to_usb\nand\pl_us (empty)
    copy_to_usb\sneek
    temp\wad

then:
    copy the above 2 copy_to_sd folders to root of my SD.
    copy neek2o_NK2O_1.wad from temp\wad to \wad in SD.
    copy the above 2 copy_to_usb folders to root of my HDD (which is formated as fat32 in 32kb, the drive is 8G).
    copy all Wad files in the above temp\Wad to \nand\pl_us in my HDD

turn on wii, go to hbc then use wad manager to install neek2o_NK2O_1.wad to get the neek2o channel in sys menu.

then click the above channel, and click the "start" button.

All I got is a quick flash message "loading, please wait" then screen goes black, and after a while my disc drive on wii keep flashing.

Any idea to fix this?

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really have no idea what I am missing. I followed guide and run modmii 5.0 then it creates the following folders:

copy_to_sd\bootmiineek
    copy_to_sd\sneek
    copy_to_usb\sneek
    temp\wad

then:
    copy the above 2 copy_to_usb folders to root of my HDD (which is formated as fat32 in 32kb, the drive is 8G).

turn on wii, go to hbc then use wad manager to install neek2o_NK2O_1.wad to get the neek2o channel in sys menu.

All I got is a quick flash message "loading, please wait" then screen goes black, and after a while my disc drive on wii keep flashing.

Any idea to fix this?

Thanks.

Forgot to mention in the previous post, I do have the wbfs folder in my hdd and has back up games in it, which I know is important for neek2o to load.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

copy_to_sd\bootmiineek
    copy_to_sd\sneek
    copy_to_usb\sneek
    temp\wad

then:

Any idea to fix this?

Thanks.
    Your pl_us nand should be around 150mb and contain a few folders. For some reason you are not building the nand or completing the file download as you should not have anything in temp wads folder. There should be no need transfer anything from temp wads to wads. What would you like on the nand. You can have red,green, blue, orange or original themes. Channels that can be added are wii speak, mii channel, weather, news and shopping. Let me know what theme and channels you want and I will build you a default 4.3 U S A nand with the correct file structure in place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you, HH.

I really don't know why Modmii didn't create all the stuff for me, I ran it base on the guide and it ran through without reporting any errors.

I'd like the green theme and all channels, everything else can be the default (yes or all).

Thanks again for your help.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast