Register
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, HH.

I think I know why my problem, it's my computer, I finally manage to get it worked out on another computer with the same program. I will try to put it on my wii to see how it goes.

So you don't need to build anything for me.

Thank you for your help.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peterp13 View Post
    Hi, HH.

I think I know why my problem, it's my computer, I finally manage to get it worked out on another computer with the same program. I will try to put it on my wii to see how it goes.

So you don't need to build anything for me.

Thank you for your help.
    Ok mate no problem but if you can't get it to work let me know and sort you out a set up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, HH.

I've tried but getting the exact same result. I even erase the neek2o channel using the wii menu and reinstall it using Wad manager. Still got black screen after clicking "start" within neek2o.

By the way, in your guide you mention to install neek2o channel using postloader then wad manager, does it make any diff?

Thanks,

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Hello, HH.

I've tried but getting the exact same result. I even erase the neek2o channel using the wii menu and reinstall it using Wad manager. Still got black screen after clicking "start" within neek2o.

By the way, in your guide you mention to install neek2o channel using postloader then wad manager, does it make any diff?

Thanks,
    postloader is the neek2o equivalent of hbc which contains your wad manager. It seems there is a problem with either the files or the fat32 partition make sure it is definately the first partition and is set to primary and active and I will build a nand and filestructure that will work.

Edit sorry bout the postloader bit that has now changed to mmm thanks for pointing that out mate guide has now been changed. Launch hbc and select mmm reload to ios236 then go to wads and install neek2o channel.
    Last edited by happy_highlander; 27th December, 2011 at 11:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great, HH.

I will wait for your nand then erase the neek2o channel and install again via hbc->mmm.

Also to let you know my hdd is usb drive and has only one partition.

Thanks again

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Here you go peter MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service this is a 4.3u nand with green theme all channels added and working neek2o setup. Remove all traces of neek2o and sneek from your wii, sd and hdd, then install these files to their relevant places. Start hbc then launch mmm. Reload to ios236 or ios249 then go to wad manager and install neek2o wad. If neek2o doesn't launch with this setup it is your usb pen drive that is not compatible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did it with no luck. I used 2 diff u drives with the same result, so I am not sure if it's the USB that gives me trouble.

by the way, does the flashing on the wii disc drive (a little after screen goes black) tell us any clue?

Thanks for your time again, HH.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not trying to argue or anything, but just for your info that one of the u drive I tried is Kingston 8G datatraveler G3, which seems to be reported as compatible with wii. USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp

So I really am out of ideas of what I did wrong.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Not trying to argue or anything, but just for your info that one of the u drive I tried is Kingston 8G datatraveler G3, which seems to be reported as compatible with wii. USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp

So I really am out of ideas of what I did wrong.
    It is compatible with the wii but may not be compatible with neek2o. It can be quite picky due to the fact that it runs it's checks very quickly so if the drive does not spin up fast enough or in your case have a fast enough read speed, neek2o can be finished it's checks for a nand and files before the drive had given it access, if you must use that drive there is a workaround but it means using so hex editor write a new command line in neek2o tho delay the start up of the program to allow for three drive to catch up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, HH.

I will find other USB drive to try. At the same time, could you please point me to where I cound find info about delaying the neek2o start up?

Much appreciated.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Thanks, HH.

I will find other USB drive to try. At the same time, could you please point me to where I cound find info about delaying the neek2o start up?

Much appreciated.
    I certainly can mate check your pm

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Here you go peter MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service this is a 4.3u nand with green theme all channels added and working neek2o setup. Remove all traces of neek2o and sneek from your wii, sd and hdd, then install these files to their relevant places. Start hbc then launch mmm. Reload to ios236 or ios249 then go to wad manager and install neek2o wad. If neek2o doesn't launch with this setup it is your usb pen drive that is not compatible
    hi could you possibly re-upload the file as its stating its unavalible, thanks

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blacky1973 View Post
    hi could you possibly re-upload the file as its stating its unavalible, thanks
    Try it again it's working for me just downloaded it as a guest

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

hi, hoping you could help me,
    ive followed your guide but i am unable to get anything to work,

i have the neek2o on my home screen but 9 times out of 10 when i try to load/open it, it fails and im left with a black screen. on the odd occasion it does open i go to joyflow to play games direct from hdd i get a message saying "not a wii or gc disc/game"

am i doing something wrong, if so what?

my wii firmware is 4.1e

thanks.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blacky1973 View Post
    hi, hoping you could help me,
    ive followed your guide but i am unable to get anything to work,

i have the neek2o on my home screen but 9 times out of 10 when i try to load/open it, it fails and im left with a black screen. on the odd occasion it does open i go to joyflow to play games direct from hdd i get a message saying "not a wii or gc disc/game"

am i doing something wrong, if so what?

my wii firmware is 4.1e

thanks.
    Yes you are doing something very wrong. If you are trying to use the file that you say isn't working then that was a build made for an american wii. Have you followed the guide from the very beginning and followed all instructions to the letter. Every step on the guide is very important as is the format details and file structure.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast