Register
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Yes you are doing something very wrong. If you are trying to use the file that you say isn't working then that was a build made for an american wii. Have you followed the guide from the very beginning and followed all instructions to the letter. Every step on the guide is very important as is the format details and file structure.
    hi, no im not using that file, im doing as the guide says to the letter but as i say im getting the black screen or the "not a wii or gc disc" message.

thanks you
    Last edited by blacky1973; 29th December, 2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blacky1973 View Post
    hi, no im not using that file, im doing as the guide says to the letter but as i say im getting the black screen or the "not a wii or gc disc" message.

thanks you
    Last person that had that problem had not formatted hdd to fat32 with 32kb clusters which is very important

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

hi all i did was follow the guide, i already had wbfs games on hdd so used the wbfs2fat converter that you included in your guide, but still having problems.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

hi all i did was follow the guide, i already had wbfs games on hdd so used the wbfs2fat converter that you included in your guide, but still having problems.
    Can you post the list of files modmii downloaded for you for both sd and usb but the fact that it works sometimes indicates that the hdd is not spinning up fast enough all the time and instead of using joyflow to launch games (it is just and add on) when in the main screen of neek2o press 1 on the wiimote this will bring up the list of games on the hdd select the game you want from that list and it will show up in the disc channel now launch it from the disc channel.....This is how to run the games in full sneek and is the most compatible as you aren't using another go between (joyflow) but if in doubt run modmii again and download a full new set up and try that. Sometimes modmii throws out a bad file transfer. It is still very new.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you may want to format your drive yourself then move the converted games back after. Because I notice that the wsbf converter did not format my drive to fat32. So use easeus to format it exactly as required.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wonder if there is a place where lists all neek2o compatible drives, what a time saver that could be.

Maybe I am too lazy.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peterp13 View Post
    you may want to format your drive yourself then move the converted games back after. Because I notice that the wsbf converter did not format my drive to fat32. So use easeus to format it exactly as required.
    That is the safest and most efficient method peter but it does take some time depending on how many games you have....However it is the way that I changed my wbfs drive to fat32 it did take almost 8 hrs to take the games off it right enough. I am thinking I may edit the guide as wbfs2fat doesn't seem to be working for everybody, there does seem to be more successes than failures though.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Can you post the list of files modmii downloaded for you for both sd and usb but the fact that it works sometimes indicates that the hdd is not spinning up fast enough all the time and instead of using joyflow to launch games (it is just and add on) when in the main screen of neek2o press 1 on the wiimote this will bring up the list of games on the hdd select the game you want from that list and it will show up in the disc channel now launch it from the disc channel.....This is how to run the games in full sneek and is the most compatible as you aren't using another go between (joyflow) but if in doubt run modmii again and download a full new set up and try that. Sometimes modmii throws out a bad file transfer. It is still very new.
    hi files on sd card:- apps, bootmiineek, sneek, wad.
    files on usb:- nands, sneek.

btw what is 32kb clusters and how do i get them?
    Last edited by blacky1973; 29th December, 2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: add on

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

hi files on sd card:- apps, bootmiineek, sneek, wad.
    files on usb:- nands, sneek.

btw what is 32kb clusters and how do i get them?
    You are missing 1 folder and 3 files from sd card. You should have a ploader folder and 3 .dol files neekbooter.dol, priibooter.dol and priibootergui.dol and the 32kb clusters are set during formating. Some hdd will work on 64kb clusters but not many which is why I have stated fat32 with 32kb clusters. Run modmii again or grab the setup from 4.3u download link and just swap the nands folders with the one from your setup.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

You are missing 1 folder and 3 files from sd card. You should have a ploader folder and 3 .dol files neekbooter.dol, priibooter.dol and priibootergui.dol and the 32kb clusters are set during formating. Some hdd will work on 64kb clusters but not many which is why I have stated fat32 with 32kb clusters. Run modmii again or grab the setup from 4.3u download link and just swap the nands folders with the one from your setup.
    done all of that mate, got the game to load from the disc channel but again the screen went black, think it may be my hdd on its way out as there is a light on it that should flash as its getting used but it aint flashing, going to buy another tomorrow and try again, thank you very much for all your help.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

done all of that mate, got the game to load from the disc channel but again the screen went black, think it may be my hdd on its way out as there is a light on it that should flash as its getting used but it aint flashing, going to buy another tomorrow and try again, thank you very much for all your help.
    no problem mate use aesus to partition the new hdd it allows youto set the cluster size during format and also allows you to format any size drive to fat32 from xp not just up to 32gb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is compatible with the wii but may not be compatible with neek2o. It can be quite picky due to the fact that it runs it's checks very quickly so if the drive does not spin up fast enough or in your case have a fast enough read speed, neek2o can be finished it's checks for a nand and files before the drive had given it access, if you must use that drive there is a workaround but it means using so hex editor write a new command line in neek2o tho delay the start up of the program to allow for three drive to catch up
    Many thanks to Happy_Highlander.

I finally passed the neek2o installation, it's all due to the HDD. Folks, try to use real HD instead of flash drive as the HD seems to be up for the task more.

Though, I now have problem playing games, games creah in Joyflow, any idea on how that could be resolved?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After installing neek2o, I tried playing tintin, but seems to still freeze at checkpoints like previously when using usb loader, any idea why?

Also, the game play seems to have hipcup/slow_motion, I wonder if Joyflow is slow in loading up the HD.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peterp13 View Post
    After installing neek2o, I tried playing tintin, but seems to still freeze at checkpoints like previously when using usb loader, any idea why?

Also, the game play seems to have hipcup/slow_motion, I wonder if Joyflow is slow in loading up the HD.
    Don't use joyflow to load tin tin. When on the main menu screen of neek2o press 1 on the wiimote this will bring up the list of games on your hdd. Select the game you want to play and it will appear in the disc channel. Now load from disc channel, this is the only way to load in a true sneek environment, joyflow still seems to have a few bugs

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

thanks for your help yesterday, finally got it working (i think), anyway i have 1 further question for you,

i created a nand for europe games but i have lots of games from usa, am i right in thinking if i also created a nand for those games i just put that folder into the nand folder on my usb/hdd then rename it "pl_us" and rename the nand folder for european games "pl_eu"

is this correct?

thanks.