Register
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blacky1973 View Post
    thanks for your help yesterday, finally got it working (i think), anyway i have 1 further question for you,

i created a nand for europe games but i have lots of games from usa, am i right in thinking if i also created a nand for those games i just put that folder into the nand folder on my usb/hdd then rename it "pl_us" and rename the nand folder for european games "pl_eu"

is this correct?

thanks.
    No you need to build a 4.3 u nand with modmii you cannot rename a euro nand but don't jump the gun. Try your ntsc games on your emu nand, you might get a surprise at just how many of them work, if you do decide to create a u.s nand, when you install it into the nands folder you will need to delete nandscfg file from the sneek folder on the hdd or neek2o won't recognize it. Do you know how to switch nands from within neek2o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Don't use joyflow to load tin tin. When on the main menu screen of neek2o press 1 on the wiimote this will bring up the list of games on your hdd. Select the game you want to play and it will appear in the disc channel. Now load from disc channel, this is the only way to load in a true sneek environment, joyflow still seems to have a few bugs
    Thanks, HH. Your suggested way seems to work for games in the same region of my wii only. Does it mean i have to create different NAND to play games in diff region? When I use joy flow, it works on games regardless of the region.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peterp13 View Post
    Thanks, HH. Your suggested way seems to work for games in the same region of my wii only. Does it mean i have to create different NAND to play games in diff region? When I use joy flow, it works on games regardless of the region.
    Generally yes you always play the games in their own region. There is a region free hack (supposedly) and I assume it is while loading through joyflow which is still not great for everyone but I'm sure it will get better the same way standard usb loaders did. I'm gonna have a few words over the weekend and see if there is an update for joyflow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, HH. I will create a PAL nand just to see how tintin goes.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Thanks, HH. I will create a PAL nand just to see how tintin goes.
    Do you know how to switch nands within neek2o and remember to delete the nandscfg file in the sneek folder on the hdd or the new nand won't be recognised but i think i just said that somewhere else. Remember to create a 4.3 nand and tintin will work perfectly within it by loading from the disc channel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you know how to switch nands within neek2o and remember to delete the nandscfg file in the sneek folder on the hdd or the new nand won't be recognised but i think i just said that somewhere else. Remember to create a 4.3 nand and tintin will work perfectly within it by loading from the disc channel
    Hi, HH.

I built a Euro nand using modmii, then copy only the pl_eu folder into nands in my HDD, I also removed nandscfg from sneek in HDD. Then I go ahead launch neek2o, after it's opened the pl_us nand, I tried switching to the new pl_eu nand from the setting menu, but got "mode not supported" on my tv with black screen. Now that even after rebooting my wii, when I launch neek2o, my tv says "mode not supported" with a black screen.

Could you advise what I am missing?

Thanks

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Hi, HH.

I built a Euro nand using modmii, then copy only the pl_eu folder into nands in my HDD, I also removed nandscfg from sneek in HDD. Then I go ahead launch neek2o, after it's opened the pl_us nand, I tried switching to the new pl_eu nand from the setting menu, but got "mode not supported" on my tv with black screen. Now that even after rebooting my wii, when I launch neek2o, my tv says "mode not supported" with a black screen.

Could you advise what I am missing?

Thanks
    Have no idea I have both e and u nands running it could be the tv setting not recognizing the pal format
    Edit........it is definately the tv settings just read your post again and the reason neek2o is always booting to a black screen is because you have launched the e nand. Do you have an option in tv setting to change to pal 50hrz or something like that, if you haven't or don't want to mess about with it delete pl_eu nand and the nands cfg and this will reboot neek2o to your pl_us nand. There is a third revision of joyflow released and also a full channel instead of booting from a forwarder which may work better as it isn't booting from sd. Leaving everything to run from your neek nand on hdd
    Last edited by happy_highlander; 31st December, 2011 at 10:58 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

hi my wii has firmware 4.1e, when it comes to building the nand do i have to choose wii version 4.1 or does it not matter what version i choose? thanks.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blacky1973 View Post
    hi my wii has firmware 4.1e, when it comes to building the nand do i have to choose wii version 4.1 or does it not matter what version i choose? thanks.
    If you build a 4.1 nand the newer games might not work as they will try to system update and can't...Build a 4.3 nand as it's the latest version. As long as you build a 4.3e you will still be able to use your wii serial number in modmii to allow online play (maybe) but we'll come back to that if necessary. Remember essentially you are building a brand new wii when you create the nand so you can have whatever you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have no idea I have both e and u nands running it could be the tv setting not recognizing the pal format
    Edit........it is definately the tv settings just read your post again and the reason neek2o is always booting to a black screen is because you have launched the e nand. Do you have an option in tv setting to change to pal 50hrz or something like that, if you haven't or don't want to mess about with it delete pl_eu nand and the nands cfg and this will reboot neek2o to your pl_us nand. There is a third revision of joyflow released and also a full channel instead of booting from a forwarder which may work better as it isn't booting from sd. Leaving everything to run from your neek nand on hdd
    I agree, HH. That's most likely the case, my TV is not a multi-systems so I guess it only supports NTSC.

I will wait for getting the new Joyflow to see if that helps.

Thanks, HH.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I agree, HH. That's most likely the case, my TV is not a multi-systems so I guess it only supports NTSC.

I will wait for getting the new Joyflow to see if that helps.

Thanks, HH.
    Try this peter LINK REMOVED it's the r3 version of joyflow replace the joyflow folder in the sd card with this one.........Or try this LINK REMOVED it's the full channel remove the forwarder channel the same way as you would remove a channel on your real nand and put this in the wads folder on the sd card and load with mmm......THIS MUST GO ON THE EMU NAND...............UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INSTALL THE JOYFLOW FULL CHANNEL TO YOUR REAL NAND. Try running the r3 version from sd first peter, just because it's easier to change but if that still doesn't work I think you will have more success with the full channel, as it runs from the neek2o nand there should be less chance of errors as the it's reading files from the same media location as the program file instead of cross locations...........I WILL REPEAT THAT I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY IF ANYONE USES ANY OF THESE FILES ON THEIR TRUE WII NAND. These files are for emulated nand only. This is another benefit of neek2o you can install any file you like with no risk of bricking your wii.

EDIT Do not use the links in this post they are older version and will not work with neek2o
    Last edited by happy_highlander; 2nd January, 2012 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default It works !!

Thanks HH for your help !!
    Last edited by priyankk; 1st January, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Try this peter JoYflow_1_0_pb_3.rar it's the r3 version of joyflow replace the joyflow folder in the sd card with this one.........Or try this Joyflow channel.rar it's the full channel remove the forwarder channel the same way as you would remove a channel on your real nand and put this in the wads folder on the sd card and load with mmm......THIS MUST GO ON THE EMU NAND...............UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INSTALL THE JOYFLOW FULL CHANNEL TO YOUR REAL NAND. Try running the r3 version from sd first peter, just because it's easier to change but if that still doesn't work I think you will have more success with the full channel, as it runs from the neek2o nand there should be less chance of errors as the it's reading files from the same media location as the program file instead of cross locations...........I WILL REPEAT THAT I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY IF ANYONE USES ANY OF THESE FILES ON THEIR TRUE WII NAND. These files are for emulated nand only. This is another benefit of neek2o you can install any file you like with no risk of bricking your wii.

Hello, HH.

I tried downloading the new Joyflow from your post and put the folder into apps in my sd, I also cleaned up pl_eu in my HDD. Then I can launch my usa nand without problem, yet when I proceed to lauch joyflow from there, it shows the Joyflow logo, then the flashing of joyflow/wiiflow, then just reboot itself back to the my usa emu nand, but never show me the games selection screen.

So to verify, I restore the old joyflow folder into apps in my sd, then the games listing is back to normal within Joyflow (old).

So I wonder, is the link you provided in the post not the right one? I checked the modified date of the files from that rar file and it shows a pretty old date (March 2011), doesn't seem like a recent release.

Could you please help?

Edit: It looks like from Modmii 4.8, the Joyflow version was updated to 2.3, so I am guessing 1.0 is an old one.
    Last edited by peterp13; 1st January, 2012 at 10:17 PM. Reason: more info

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

It may be the wrong file in the link. I'll see if I can find the latest version but it may still be worth while trying the full channel. Had a look around and It seems modmii is giving you the latest version......Just a thought have you tried launching them with postloader as this can also be used for games.
    Last edited by happy_highlander; 1st January, 2012 at 10:34 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Hi HH, since the last time i spoke to you ive managed to get neek2o working, the problem i now have is, ive since download more games, converted them to wbfs format, and put them in the wbfs folder on my hdd, when i start up neek20 on my wii and press 1, none of the games ive just put on are showing, it is the same when i go to joyflow aswell, only the games that were already on the hdd are showing, all games are the same format (pal), any ideas whats wrong? thanks.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast