Register
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blacky1973 View Post
    Hi HH, since the last time i spoke to you ive managed to get neek2o working, the problem i now have is, ive since download more games, converted them to wbfs format, and put them in the wbfs folder on my hdd, when i start up neek20 on my wii and press 1, none of the games ive just put on are showing, it is the same when i go to joyflow aswell, only the games that were already on the hdd are showing, all games are the same format (pal), any ideas whats wrong? thanks.
    yes mate I know exactly what's wrong,if you read the whole of the setup and installation guide at the very bottom it tells you that whenever you add or remove a game you need to delete the diconfig file from the sneek folder on the hdd or the changes will not be recognised. You can now do it from within neek2o by pressing 1 on wiimote then "+" and navigate down to update games cache....

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    yes mate I know exactly what's wrong,if you read the whole of the setup and installation guide at the very bottom it tells you that whenever you add or remove a game you need to delete the diconfig file from the sneek folder on the hdd or the changes will not be recognised. You can now do it from within neek2o by pressing 1 on wiimote then "+" and navigate down to update games cache....
    Cheers mate your a legend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi HH,

I have followed your guide to the letter but cannot get passed the black screen and blue flashing of the disc drive.

I have a Pal 4.2E and I am using a flash drive as I have nothing else available. This flash drive is formatted as fat32 with 32kb clusters and I can load games off the drive no problem.

My ModMii's NANDS output is only half of the 150mb that you mentioned. I have tried ModMii on 2 PCs, but both times the folder size is 75mb tops.

Any thoughts as to what the problem is? Could you perhaps post an EU nands package on MegaUpload as the US one that you posted earlier does not work either!

Thx in advance m8!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I hope this might help someone...

Hi,
    I could never load the nand by neek2o channel. It gives-me allways the black screen and the flashing blue light in the dvd drive.
    Instead, I managed to load the nand in another way:
    In the sd card i have make a copy of the "bootmiineek" folder and rename it "bootmii".
    Then, in the Homebrew channel i press the home button and then select "launch bootmii". Then i wait for a litle bit and finaly the emulated nand is loaded. I'm using sd/usb content that i have downloaded from previous HH post. Hope this could help.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harry999 View Post
    Hi HH,

I have followed your guide to the letter but cannot get passed the black screen and blue flashing of the disc drive.

I have a Pal 4.2E and I am using a flash drive as I have nothing else available. This flash drive is formatted as fat32 with 32kb clusters and I can load games off the drive no problem.

My ModMii's NANDS output is only half of the 150mb that you mentioned. I have tried ModMii on 2 PCs, but both times the folder size is 75mb tops.

Any thoughts as to what the problem is? Could you perhaps post an EU nands package on MegaUpload as the US one that you posted earlier does not work either!

Thx in advance m8!
    It is unlikely that neek2o will run from a flash drive. Everyone who has tried has failed to boot emu nand and the fact that you cannot launch a us nand means you won't be able to launch an eu nand. That us package is a working setup, granted you will struggle to play pal games but it will load as long as you have games in a wbfs folder on a compatible fat 32 partition. The size of the nand depends on what you have installed to it so if you have not installed any channels when prompted it may only come out at 75mb, I haven't tried a bare bones nand so can't comment

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Hi HH,

Thx in advance m8!
    Here is a working EU NAND, It works 100% i am using it on mine.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

hope it helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guys, thanks for all the replies but I am at a loss...

Have formatted my usb hdd (at the cost of countless hours of uploading but can do this again overnight) as fat32 with 32kb clusters and have used the EU nand that was just uploaded - still a black screen with blue flashing disc drive (even when I load in HBC via bootmii)!!

Any other thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...I should add that I am running 4.2E but also the US nand does not work. Running it from the channel has me come back into the standard Wii menu as if nothing happened, and renaming to bootmii and then running that from HBC goes to the black screen with blue flashing disc drive)...
    Last edited by Harry999; 2nd January, 2012 at 09:15 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

...I should add that I am running 4.2E but also the US nand does not work. Running it from the channel has me come back into the standard Wii menu as if nothing happened, and renaming to bootmii and then running that from HBC goes to the black screen with blue flashing disc drive)...
    Wrong file structure or no game in wbfs folder on hdd

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BARBADEARVORE View Post
    Hi,
    I could never load the nand by neek2o channel. It gives-me allways the black screen and the flashing blue light in the dvd drive.
    Instead, I managed to load the nand in another way:
    In the sd card i have make a copy of the "bootmiineek" folder and rename it "bootmii".
    Then, in the Homebrew channel i press the home button and then select "launch bootmii". Then i wait for a litle bit and finaly the emulated nand is loaded. I'm using sd/usb content that i have downloaded from previous HH post. Hope this could help.
    that isn't a bad workaround mate and is an alternative to using priiloader to auto boot postloader to autoboot to neek2o which is the other way to delay neek2o enough for hdd to spin up. I'll keep this in mind and redirect folks to this post if you don't mind.

Edit...............By the way good first post welcome to DK
    Last edited by happy_highlander; 2nd January, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wrong file structure or no game in wbfs folder on hdd
    Re file structure, I simply copy the files in the "copy to xxx" from your RAR-file to the root of the SD and USB HDD. Also, have now formatted the drive, but added 2 games back in. These are within their separate folders in the WBFS-folder on the HDD.

Am I missing anything?!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Re file structure, I simply copy the files in the "copy to xxx" from your RAR-file to the root of the SD and USB HDD. Also, have now formatted the drive, but added 2 games back in. These are within their separate folders in the WBFS-folder on the HDD.

Am I missing anything?!
    that is correct as long as the files are not still inside the copy to folder it should now boot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's the thing tho, it doesn't

Could it have to do with the fact that I am running 4.2E and these NANDS are destined for 4.3? Have been mocking about this thing the entire day...

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

That's the thing tho, it doesn't

Could it have to do with the fact that I am running 4.2E and these NANDS are destined for 4.3? Have been mocking about this thing the entire day...
    It is nothing to do with the nands you are essentially installing a virgin wii onto your hdd so you can have whatever you like. Did you say you have tried renaming the bootmiineek folder on the sd to bootmii then launching from hbc have you tried from scratch with modmii 5.0.0. There was a new version of neek2o released 2 days ago
    Last edited by happy_highlander; 2nd January, 2012 at 11:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is nothing to do with the nands you are essentially installing a virgin wii onto your hdd so you can have whatever you like. Did you say you have tried renaming the bootmiineek folder on the sd to bootmii then launching from hbc have you tried from scratch with modmii 5.0.0. There was a new version of neek2o released 2 days ago
    Yeah have renamed the bootmiineek to bootmii and am running from HBC, but have tried with the channel as well - no luck with both.

I'll try with 5.0 tomorrow and will let you know. Much appreciate your help with this, hopefully I'll get it sorted...

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast