Register
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    neek2o is not recognising the hdd or file structure on the hdd or the partition position is wrong. The wad is just a forwarder if you can see it on the menu as a channel it is working..the neek2o channel looks at the sd which then in turn points it at the hdd and emu nand. Just make sure you have the correct file structure or just use this Digital Kaos - Downloads - Neek2o without nands I have put together an sd setup and usb (hdd) setup that is working you will have to use the nands youalready have but this will give you the correct folders to point everything where it should be pointing
    I have now manged to get neek2o running, the issue was the cluster size on the hdd as you said.
    The way I eventually got it going was to create a primary fat32 partition of less than 32gb, which seemed to be the only way I could set the cluster size to 32kb, and a second fat32 partition with the games.
    However, I now have the same issue as hilhorst in that joyflow crashes out. Is this going to be due to cluster size again?
    Sorry for yet again hassling you, you must be getting well fed up with me by now!

Edit, I think the underlying problem is the either way I've originally set up the hdd, or something about the hdd itself. Will now wear the hat of shame and sort the thing out!
    Last edited by mactattie; 18th December, 2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Have been stupid

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mactattie View Post
    I have now manged to get neek2o running, the issue was the cluster size on the hdd as you said.
    The way I eventually got it going was to create a primary fat32 partition of less than 32gb, which seemed to be the only way I could set the cluster size to 32kb, and a second fat32 partition with the games.
    However, I now have the same issue as hilhorst in that joyflow crashes out. Is this going to be due to cluster size again?
    Sorry for yet again hassling you, you must be getting well fed up with me by now!

Edit, I think the underlying problem is the either way I've originally set up the hdd, or something about the hdd itself. Will now wear the hat of shame and sort the thing out!
    The games must also be in the first partition. When I get back home I'll upload the program that I used to format a 500 gb position on a 1tb hdd using win xp (old I know). By the way my joyflow has just started crashing for no apparent reason as well so I will be building a brand new nand later. I think the problem with joyflow is bad files from modmii.I will probably end up mixing and matching my nands till I get one that works properly, and I still can't get online play to work. I can connect to internet but not nintendo servers

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by priyankk View Post
    HH, have followed your neek2o setup guide, however the screen goes blank on clicking nee2o channel. On clicking the neek2o channel, it shows Press A to continue and then it goes blank, HH will need you help..
    Same answer as the rest hdd/folders are not being recognized and remember you must have a game on the same partition or neek2o will not load

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Try this it will allow you to format more than 32gb as fat 32 Free Download Magic Partition Manager freeware: EaseUS Partition Manager, Disk & Partition Copy and Partition Recovery Software.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I now have everything working with the much appreciated help of happy_highlander.
    I don't know what the exact issue was with my hdd as when I initially went to format it from both windows7 and easeus, the only options I had were ntfs or exfat. Strangely, after switching the removal policy of the drive from quick removal to better performance, I was then able to format as fat32 with 32kb clusters?
    At the end of the day, I basically managed to make what is a very straightforward process very complicated by not following the guide correctly, ie:-

List of requirements...

1. External hard drive must be formatted to fat32 with 32kb clusters.

To anyone else with the same instruction blind-spot as myself, follow happy_highlanders first instruction.... READ EVERYTHING!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I now have everything working with the much appreciated help of happy_highlander.
    I don't know what the exact issue was with my hdd as when I initially went to format it from both windows7 and easeus, the only options I had were ntfs or exfat. Strangely, after switching the removal policy of the drive from quick removal to better performance, I was then able to format as fat32 with 32kb clusters?
    At the end of the day, I basically managed to make what is a very straightforward process very complicated by not following the guide correctly, ie:-

List of requirements...

1. External hard drive must be formatted to fat32 with 32kb clusters.

To anyone else with the same instruction blind-spot as myself, follow happy_highlanders first instruction.... READ EVERYTHING!
    Glad you got it sorted mate. Have you tried online gameplay yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

I don't know what the exact issue was with my hdd as when I initially went to format it from both windows7 and easeus, the only options I had were ntfs or exfat.
    Windows will only format large drives with NTFS or Exfat but I've formatted them FAT32 with Easeus no problem.
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not tried online yet but will have a go either tonight or tomorrow morning and let you know what happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Well I use EASEUS Partition Master 9.1.0 on 2 computers and its free.
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Well I use EASEUS Partition Master 9.1.0 on 2 computers and its free.
    Me as well keith that's the link I put on earlier. I use another one for for particularity picky drives called swissknife

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Not tried online yet but will have a go either tonight or tomorrow morning and let you know what happens.
    I've managed to get it working, it is a ballache though but if you can't get yours to work give me a shout and I'll go through it with you. Let me rephrase that.....It was a ballache, it's a piece of p1ss now that I have figured it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    I've managed to get it working, it is a ballache though but if you can't get yours to work give me a shout and I'll go through it with you. Let me rephrase that.....It was a ballache, it's a piece of p1ss now that I have figured it out.
    , know that feeling well!
    I've been temporarily banned by the wife and kids from playing about with the wii though, so will be a few days before I get to fiddle again

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

, know that feeling well!
    I've been temporarily banned by the wife and kids from playing about with the wii though, so will be a few days before I get to fiddle again
    No problem. I have a full working set up now all wifi including black ops works but it takes a but of figuring out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi all,
    I have followed the instructions, unfortunately I cant start to install neek2o channel wad because it is not present in the wad directory. In addition modmii told me that nswitch was missing and failed to dowload because md5 problems....
    What can I do ? Thank you in advance

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lolof View Post
    hi all,
    I have followed the instructions, unfortunately I cant start to install neek2o channel wad because it is not present in the wad directory. In addition modmii told me that nswitch was missing and failed to dowload because md5 problems....
    What can I do ? Thank you in advance
    Get rid of the incomplete files and run modmii again

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast