Register
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Default Neek2o Setup and installation guide

Ok here goes then..Same as usual READ EVERYTHING.

List of requirements...

1. External hard drive must be formatted to fat32 with 32kb clusters. If your hdd has multiple partitions you MUST use the FIRST partition.

2. SD card 16mb is enough or bigger if you prefer but no bigger than 2gb and not sdhc. formatted to fat or fat32.

3. Modmii version 4.7.6 or higher.

4. Patience...Do not try to rush this it doesn't take long.

1. HDD preparation....If like a lot of us your wii has been modded for a whiile then your hdd will be formatted to wbfs, this will need to be changed to fat32 but you don't want to lose or transfer all your backups.....Try this http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...2-ntfs-229900/.
    This has been reported as not working for everybody so if you have time transfer the games then convert to fat32 and move them back.
    The next problem you may come across is that your pc is windows xp and can only format 32gb as fat32 you will need to use this program EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com.............WARNING MAKE SURE YOU FORMAT THE CORRECT DRIVE/PARTITION You only have yourself to blame if you lose any data.

2. SD card preperation. Insert sd card into pc go to my computer and right click sdcard. select format from dropdown and pick either fat or fat32.

3. Grab modmii from http://code.google.com/p/modmii/down...can=1&q=modmii

4. You are now ready to go.

Launch modmii on pc I won't go through the first instruction cause if you can't follow that bit you have no right trying to go any further.

Select "S"
    Select "3"
    You now have a choice if you want to load your backup games from usb hdd then choose UNEEK+DI "UD" (this is the method we will be using as it suits most people).
    If you store your backup games and wiiware on sd then choose SNEEK/SNEEK=DI "S/SD"

Now select "D" this will copy the required sd files (required for all setups) to the modmii folder on your pc.
    Now select "D" again this will copy the hdd files to the modmii folder.

Select the region you wish to build a nand for. I would recommend you use a nand region the same as your original. If you have backups from different regions you can build another nand later. But I'm sure most of your backups are in the original region of your wii.
    "U" USA
    "E" EUROPE PAL
    "J" JAPAN
    "K" KOREAN

You now have a choice of wii versions I suggest "4.3"

Now select "Y" to have the homebrew filter channel

Now select "Y" for cios 249 rev 14 (required for some apps and wiiware)

Now select whether or not you require NMM. If you use gamecube games select "Y" if not and have no intention of using them select "N"

Now select "Y" to install priloader to emu nand

Now select "Y" for emu compatible usb loader joyflow (wiiflow based)

Now select your emu nand theme (optional)

Now select what channels you want on emu nand (optional)

Now select "Y" to buid your nand and file structure folders.

You will get a popup box saying you are now complete..Just leave it where it is and wait 3 or 4 mins and in the main modmii window it will say at the bottom complete press any key to return to main menu.

That's it you are now ready to transfer the folders from the modmii folder on your pc to the relevant places..

Copy the contents of the COPY TO SD folder to the sd and copy the contents of the COPY TO USB to the hdd you prepared in Section 1.

YOU MUST HAVE A BACKUP GAME ON YOUR FAT32 PARTITION FOR NEEK2O TO LOAD

Use Digital Kaos - Downloads - Wii backup manager 0.4.0 build 65 to transfer any iso game files you may have saved on your pc to your fat32 partition. This will create a wbfs folder and install the backups into it in .wbfs format.

Plug the hdd into the wii and put the sd card into the wii (both prepared earlier)

Launch HBC then select mmm and navigate to wad manager, press "a" to load from sd then navigate to wad and install neek2o channel wad.

Go back to wii system menu and select neek2o as you would any other usb loader. This will launch your emu nand and may take a bit of time on first boot.
    YOU WILL NEED TO SYNC YOUR WIIMOTE WITH THE EMU NAND
    I would recommend a temp sync with home button if the emu nand is not going to be used as your primary nand. Or you will need to re sync to your real nand.
    To return to your true nand and wii system launch the neek2o channel in your emu nand setup. This will reload the original system menu.

That's you all done.

Follow the instructions and you will have no problems but if you get stuck just shout up.

It has been reported that wifi is not very stable so this setup may not be ideal for your online play just yet. Not to much of a problem as this launches just like a usb loader.
    Wifi will work perfectly if you have used your own wii's serial number in the nand of the same region by copying the "shared 2" folder from an original nand backup dump that had a working wifi connection but the password for wifi must still be the same so it was on the nand backup. Easiest way to be sure is to do a nand backup then dump the nand to copy the folder needed. Don't forget to delete the nandscfg file from the sneek folder in the hdd or changes to your nands folder will not be recognized.

Edit................whenever adding or removing games from the fat32 partition you must also delete the diconfig file from the sneek folder or the new games will not be recognised same goes the opposite way deleted games will stay on the list....Neek2o will create a new diconfig file when launched
    Last edited by happy_highlander; 2nd January, 2012 at 08:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Won't load discs

I installed neek2o by following this installation guide. It all seems to have worked just fine until I get to the point where I'm in the emulated nand and try to load a disc from my FAT32 drive. I can see the list of games just fine, but when I select a game and go to the disc channel, it says it can't read the disc. From JoyFlow I get the error that it's not a proper wii or gc game and then it freezes. From PostLoader I get an almost illegible dump and it freezes.

The same games run fine from the HD from CFG USB loader (except for some freezing problem, which is why I'm giving neek2o a try). It's FAT32, with WBFS backups.

Any ideas? Would be greatly appreciated!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hilhorst View Post
    I installed neek2o by following this installation guide. It all seems to have worked just fine until I get to the point where I'm in the emulated nand and try to load a disc from my FAT32 drive. I can see the list of games just fine, but when I select a game and go to the disc channel, it says it can't read the disc. From JoyFlow I get the error that it's not a proper wii or gc game and then it freezes. From PostLoader I get an almost illegible dump and it freezes.

The same games run fine from the HD from CFG USB loader (except for some freezing problem, which is why I'm giving neek2o a try). It's FAT32, with WBFS backups.

Any ideas? Would be greatly appreciated!
    How did you put the games onto the hdd and can you post your file path to your wbfs file. Try deleting the diconfig file from neek2o file on the hdd and then restart it allowing neek2o to create a new diconfig file

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Neek2o won't load

I've installed neek2o following the guide but can't get it to even load after selecting the channel. A brief message pops up on screen saying something about loading but then all I get is a blank screen?
    My game files are all on fat32 hdd in .\wbfs folder
    Could the issue be because I have a stubbed ios249?
    Any help greatly appreciated.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mactattie View Post
    I've installed neek2o following the guide but can't get it to even load after selecting the channel. A brief message pops up on screen saying something about loading but then all I get is a blank screen?
    My game files are all on fat32 hdd in .\wbfs folder
    Could the issue be because I have a stubbed ios249?
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    That is exactly the problem....How did you manage to stub ios 249, and on what nand is the stubbed 249, if it is on your true nand then you will be lucky if anything works. Almost all aspects of the softmod use 249 to run from. If it is on the true nand then use the cios 249 from the d2x pack and if it's on the emu nand you built when preparing neek2o, go back into modmii and build a new nand installing 249 when it asks if you want it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question re Neek2o won't load

Can't exactly remember how I did it, but when it comes to me, prob a mixture of impatience and stupidity!
    I've previously followed the d2x guide here d2x - GAF's Wii Homebrew Tutorial and installed d2xv6 with ios base 56 to slot 248 and ios base 57 to slot 247. All my homebrew is working and all the games I have are working from cfg usb loader, except tintin from part 32, which is how I got to this guide.
    How do I go about using cios 249 from d2x?
    Thanks, and apologies if I've linked to a guide I shouldn't have!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Can't exactly remember how I did it, but when it comes to me, prob a mixture of impatience and stupidity!
    I've previously followed the d2x guide here d2x - GAF***039;s Wii Homebrew Tutorial and installed d2xv6 with ios base 56 to slot 248 and ios base 57 to slot 247. All my homebrew is working and all the games I have are working from cfg usb loader, except tintin from part 32, which is how I got to this guide.
    How do I go about using cios 249 from d2x?
    Thanks, and apologies if I've linked to a guide I shouldn't have!
    Way out of date mate use this http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ctions-235450/ this is a full set of d2x wads just install them with your wad manager you have only installed 2 of 6 cios. Word of warning though when you use this pack the cios you use to load your games will change as this pack uses 249 for the [56] base and 250 for the [57] base so whatever game used to load with 248 will now load with 249 and whatever you loaded with 247 (black ops mw3) will now load with 250. Or you could just install the 249 wad. Don't know how it will react with already having another cios based on [56] but I don't think it will matter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are quite a lot of games on my harddrive. I copied them all by hand to a folder named "wbfs" (lowercase) in the root of the drive. So the full path to one of the games (when I mount the drive on windows) would be: "F:\wbfs\STNP41.wbfs". Also on the root of this drive are the "nands" and "SNEEK" directories that ModMii 4.8.2 created. The drive was formatted as FAT32 on Windows 7 by the standard windows util. I copied the wbfs files from my Mac. I checked the partition with EASEUS Partition Master 9.1.0, to verify that it actually was FAT32, but I couldn't figure out how to check the clustersize. It's the only partition on the drive and it's a primary partition.

When you say delete the diconfig file from neek2o, do you mean the one at "F:\SNEEK\diconfig.bin"? Is that even supposed to say SNEEK, because I'm 100% sure I chose the UD option in ModMii 4.8.2. Shouldn't that be UNEEK?

When I choose this drive in Wii Backup Manager everything shows up just fine and when I press 1 when in emulated nand I also get the entire list of all the games on my HDD.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

There are quite a lot of games on my harddrive. I copied them all by hand to a folder named "wbfs" (lowercase) in the root of the drive. So the full path to one of the games (when I mount the drive on windows) would be: "F:\wbfs\STNP41.wbfs". Also on the root of this drive are the "nands" and "SNEEK" directories that ModMii 4.8.2 created. The drive was formatted as FAT32 on Windows 7 by the standard windows util. I copied the wbfs files from my Mac. I checked the partition with EASEUS Partition Master 9.1.0, to verify that it actually was FAT32, but I couldn't figure out how to check the clustersize. It's the only partition on the drive and it's a primary partition.

When you say delete the diconfig file from neek2o, do you mean the one at "F:\SNEEK\diconfig.bin"? Is that even supposed to say SNEEK, because I'm 100% sure I chose the UD option in ModMii 4.8.2. Shouldn't that be UNEEK?

When I choose this drive in Wii Backup Manager everything shows up just fine and when I press 1 when in emulated nand I also get the entire list of all the games on my HDD.
    that is the correct diconfig mate sorry bout that. I have no idea why it is still called sneek. try to build a new neek2o setup from modmii...I have just tried to build a new set up from scratch using modmii 4.8.2 and it didn't download have the files I needed nor was I able to install the neek2o wad......Tell you what m8. I'll upload an sd card setup that is working and a usb setup that is working with both 4.3e nand with red theme and 4.3u nand with green theme. That way if you cant get anything to work you can give them a try. It will have to be tomorrow now though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That woud be greatly appreciated, thanks.

BTW: I also got an error installing the neek2o wad (Ticket (-2011), or something) which was fixed by changing the IOS from 58 to 249 from within MMM before installing the wad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually have the same issue as hilhorst, no neek2o folder, just sneek.
    I ran modmii again this morning but still got a sneek folder instead of neek2o or uneek.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I actually have the same issue as hilhorst, no neek2o folder, just sneek.
    I ran modmii again this morning but still got a sneek folder instead of neek2o or uneek.
    that is the correct folder my mistake will change the guide sorry for any confusion

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Her you go mate MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service this set up and both these nands are working. They both connect via wifi once configured for your router but I haven't been able to get online play with them. I have only tried them on fifa 11 but cannot connect to ea servers. Once I kick the little one of the wii I will try mw3 online

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Way out of date mate use this http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ctions-235450/ this is a full set of d2x wads just install them with your wad manager you have only installed 2 of 6 cios. Word of warning though when you use this pack the cios you use to load your games will change as this pack uses 249 for the [56] base and 250 for the [57] base so whatever game used to load with 248 will now load with 249 and whatever you loaded with 247 (black ops mw3) will now load with 250. Or you could just install the 249 wad. Don't know how it will react with already having another cios based on [56] but I don't think it will matter
    I've now installed the d2x-v7 cios pack and run neek2o after installing the wad. Getting a bit further in that there is now continuous activity showing on my usb where previously flashed for a few seconds and nothing.
    Roughly how long should the initial load of neek2o take?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I understand correctly neek2o is mainly a way to start sneek or uneek from a channel instead of always starting it at boot, right? The channel you install from the neek2o wad, is that an actual channel, or is it a forwarder to a homebrew app on the SD?

So, except for installing the channel wad, will the rest of the files be the same as for a normal sneek(+di) or uneek(+di) setup but with neek2o support in kernel.bin and the nands in a folder named "nands"?

Loading games from USB is done by the DI part, right? So is that where the problem is? I chose uneek+di in ModMii and I checked and di.bin is in usb:\SNEEK\di.bin.

I also tried an usbstick instead of my harddrive, because I read somewhere that neek2o can be kind of picky about what harddrives it will work with. Didn't solve a thing, though.

I tried ModMii 4.7.2, 4.8.0 and 4.8.2. All to no avail.

I would love to give your setup a try.

Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast