Register
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    You will need cios 249 rev 14
    My issues have been resolved. I used an old 256mb SD card instead of my 2gb Sandisk ultra card, I reformatted it to FAT 16 32k clusters. I then re-formatted my Hard drive to FAT32 32k clusters. Finally, when prompted in Modmii I went for install 72 instead of 75.

Unfortunately, because I changed various things all at once I cannot pin point the issues - if anyone gets a similar problem whilst running games (any with video cut scenes like tintin or the last story) then I would first go for the 72 install and see if that works. If not try a smaller SD card. If all else fails reformat the drive with the aforementioned fat 32 formatting tool in the tutorial.

Oh and don't forget to include the cios v14 when asked. I can confirm that v14 works alongside the above config.

Thanks to Highlander for the help, it's very much appreciated!
    Last edited by mattblackhq; 7th March, 2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: adding a bit extra

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

If you have chosen to install uneek + di then you don't need an sd card to launch neek2o everything you need is in the copy to usb folder. Try launching neek2o from the forwarder without the sd card in it should work mines does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just posting

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bgorman View Post
    just posting
    Try reading the forum rules and put your first post in the introductions sections, you stand a much better chance if getting help if you can't get something to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    It has got to be the hdd. The main issue some folks have been having is that the hdd is slow to start up and neek2o had finished it's checks before the hdd kicks in. There is a workaround by aging a delay into the code in the neek kernel (I think) but it requires adding a new string and the use of a hex editor. Check your pm
    hi HH anychance you can let me know how this is done i have been at it for 2 days now its booted up twice the rest of the time its just a black screen

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dempseyuk View Post
    hi HH anychance you can let me know how this is done i have been at it for 2 days now its booted up twice the rest of the time its just a black screen
    It's not required anymore mate, the code is written in to the newer versions to slow it down as much as possible without it crashing. You only needed to write it in yourself in the early versions of neek

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ive followed the guide and made it to the screen to set up my wii my wii but when it finishes it says i have currupted system files any help?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Sorry mate I'm not quite sure where your stuck. What have you done and what files do you have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I load the neek2o channel it says "Loading, please wait." and then it hangs at a black screen. What am I doing wrong?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by girugamarc View Post
    When I load the neek2o channel it says "Loading, please wait." and then it hangs at a black screen. What am I doing wrong?
    The folder structure is wrong or hdd of not compatible, this if a very picky setup, try downloading again from modmii it only takes 1 bad file and none of it will work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Need some help here. I used the latest modmii to create a sneek+DI installation for neek2o. I installed the neek2o wad and it runs but I get stuck at the menu when the Wii prompts me to press the "A" button to sync the controller. From there I cannot proceed as the controller doesn't respond (as if it gets disconnected)

I initially tested a 500gb FAT32 HDD with 16kb cluster format. Got stuck at a black screen. 2nd time, I used a 1gb thumbdrive (fat32/16kb).. shows me the press "A" button screen and wiimote gets disconnected. Now I'm going to try a 4gb (fat32/32kb).. wish me luck

Crap, got stuck at a black screen again..
    I used neek2o build 80 if that's stable. And mine's a hardmodded Wii with 4.1J so my emulated nand is 4.3J. AFAIK, since it's the same region I do not know why I get a black screen or what's causing my wiimote to lose sync..

This is what's inside my SDcard root folder :

I also assume that I need to create a wbfs folder in my USB/HDD drive and copy a *.wbfs game inside for neek2o to work?
    Last edited by kokoronikui; 21st June, 2012 at 12:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattblackhq View Post
    My issues have been resolved. I used an old 256mb SD card instead of my 2gb Sandisk ultra card, I reformatted it to FAT 16 32k clusters. I then re-formatted my Hard drive to FAT32 32k clusters. Finally, when prompted in Modmii I went for install 72 instead of 75.

Unfortunately, because I changed various things all at once I cannot pin point the issues - if anyone gets a similar problem whilst running games (any with video cut scenes like tintin or the last story) then I would first go for the 72 install and see if that works. If not try a smaller SD card. If all else fails reformat the drive with the aforementioned fat 32 formatting tool in the tutorial.

Oh and don't forget to include the cios v14 when asked. I can confirm that v14 works alongside the above config.

Thanks to Highlander for the help, it's very much appreciated!
    Must the sdcard be formatted to 32k clusters as well??

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kokoronikui View Post
    Must the sdcard be formatted to 32k clusters as well??
    You say you chose sneek in modmii, if that is the case then yes your sd card will need to be 32kb clusters and you will only be able to load games from sd not hdd....If you want to load games from hdd then you should have chosen uneek + DI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

black screen when loading neek2o so posting to rechecking and seeing if modmii was the issue when making path structure

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NpDump View Post
    black screen when loading neek2o so posting to rechecking and seeing if modmii was the issue when making path structure
    Could be file structure, but it is more likely to be that hdd is not formatted correctly. It must be first partition of multiple partition hdd and it must be fat 32 with 32kb clusters and there must be a game iso on the drive or neek2o won't load.