Register
    Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default passat b6 strange error

hello! I have this vw passat year 2006 1.9 tdi engine code BXE? I've scan the car with vcds and i've got only two errors
    camshaft position sensor
    17026/P0642/001602 - Sensor Reference Voltage A: Circuit: Low
    The car goes fine for about 1km then goes to limp mode. I have checked the alternator even unpluged it and still the same thing. I have also unpluged the camshaft sensor, flow meter, throtle flap the one next to the
    egr. I have changed the ecu and still the same thing. I've also checked the wires and plugs that goes to the ecu. Can anyone point me into the right direction. ?
    Regards Antmar !

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

The sensor reference voltage is a 5 volt feed.
    The 5 volt is made inside the ecu and is used as a voltage supply for various sensors. When there's a short circuit (either in wiring or inside a sensor) the voltage drops as the ecu can only supply a limited amount.
    See: 17026/P0642/001602 - Ross-Tech Wiki

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Could be a ground point?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Have you checked - do you have 5V on sensor while car running ?

all the fuses on E box are ok ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by antmar View Post
    hello! I have this vw passat year 2006 1.9 tdi engine code BXE? I've scan the car with vcds and i've got only two errors
    camshaft position sensor
    17026/P0642/001602 - Sensor Reference Voltage A: Circuit: Low
    The car goes fine for about 1km then goes to limp mode. I have checked the alternator even unpluged it and still the same thing. I have also unpluged the camshaft sensor, flow meter, throtle flap the one next to the
    egr. I have changed the ecu and still the same thing. I've also checked the wires and plugs that goes to the ecu. Can anyone point me into the right direction. ?
    Regards Antmar !
    Hello @antmar, I have the same problem with the same car, how did you solve the problem ?

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

there is a problem with the cam sensor harness from ecu to cam sensor plug it suffers with interference inside the main loom .. vw do a repair loom for this .. or you could make one with thicker wires .... hope this helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marty35 View Post
    there is a problem with the cam sensor harness from ecu to cam sensor plug it suffers with interference inside the main loom .. vw do a repair loom for this .. or you could make one with thicker wires .... hope this helps
    I changed the cables from ecu to camshaft sensor and the problem is still repoduce.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

17026/P0642/001602 - Sensor Reference Voltage A: Circuit: Low it means that a voltage supply pin from ecu is reporting low voltage. Check AC and temperature sensors. As for the camshaft error if the error comes with a no signal explanation then you have to check the following: camshaft sensor, wire integrity from ecu pin out to sensor, ecu. Usually 1.9TDI have a bad habit to take water into PCB (electronic board) so check the connection cables to ECU as well... might be a bad PCM as well...