Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Works fine with the WD Elements HDD!

But I put a .iso of a game on the drive, but it did not show up in USBLoader GX. There is other stuff on the drive, I did not bother formatting it as I have video clips there I want to keep. The drive is NTFS formatted.

But put in an original game DVD (Mario Kart), and backed it up. It is the only game that shows up, but not the other .ISO file. I thought the USB loader would automatically recognize and run .ISO files?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darson View Post
    Works fine with the WD Elements HDD!

But I put a .iso of a game on the drive, but it did not show up in USBLoader GX. There is other stuff on the drive, I did not bother formatting it as I have video clips there I want to keep. The drive is NTFS formatted.

But put in an original game DVD (Mario Kart), and backed it up. It is the only game that shows up, but not the other .ISO file. I thought the USB loader would automatically recognize and run .ISO files?
    Loaders do not run .iso when you backed up mario kart it converted it to .wbfs, you need to use wii backup manager to install any iso files on to the hdd, this will convert them to .wbfs for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a Seagate portable HDD that draws power from USB. It's a 250GB and they've been superseded with higher capacity drives nowadays but that one performs OK for me. If you decide to go for USB powered, a Seagate may be the way to go.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Timmaa View Post
    I have a Seagate portable HDD that draws power from USB. It's a 250GB and they've been superseded with higher capacity drives nowadays but that one performs OK for me. If you decide to go for USB powered, a Seagate may be the way to go.
    Don't try anything bigger than that, if you look at the compatibility list you will notice that the higher the drive capacity the less success there is with usb powered drives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Loaders do not run .iso when you backed up mario kart it converted it to .wbfs,
    I've backed up original games to the HDD then I've extracted them with WBFS Manager and they save as iso files.
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    I've backed up original games to the HDD then I've extracted them with WBFS Manager and they save as iso files.
    That is correct keith you backed them up to a wbfs drive as a wbfs file, you then used wbfs manager to convert them into an iso. Do you notice the common word in the statement. Whether your hdd is formatted to wbfs, ntfs or fat 32 any original disc you backup will be a wbfs file. When going the other way, putting a game iso onto any format of hdd will be converted into a wbfs or ciso file. Some loaders can read an iso file but in general an iso is an image and cannot be used directly as it needs mounting to either a dvd or a virtual drive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Ok then if WBFS Manager stores them on the drive as wbfs but saves them as an iso file why can't it load a wbfs file to add to a drive thats stupid?
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Ok then if WBFS Manager stores them on the drive as wbfs but saves them as an iso file why can't it load a wbfs file to add to a drive thats stupid?
    You would have to take that up with the program developer. You see you are adamant that wbfs manager is the best program to load games to a drive when in truth it is very limited just the the wbfs format it serves. Wii backup manager can load a wbfs, iso or ciso file to any format and you are right it is just stupid that a program called wbfs manager can't load wbfs files but it is a very simple effective program for a very simple but effective format and was the original and only for a long time program that allows to put game rips onto hdd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been having the same issues, thank you for the useful info everyone...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12