Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Piasini 4.1 obd mode

anybody read with success mazda in obd mode ?
    i have mazda 6, ecu RF7K
    identify ok but when try read i get error:
    Protocol error on command : securityAccess-IK
    Attached Images Attached Images

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I have the same problem. No solution for now.

Best regards.
    All full worked manual solutions - FAP/DPF OFF, Adblue/SCR OFF, EGR OFF, TVA OFF, SWIRL OFF, O2/Lambda OFF, DTC OFF and etc

Our database available for download 24/7 on EVC server for all legal WinOLS users

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Someone said bridging OBD pins makes it work . There is a thread someware. Someone please test

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

you have more info ?
    i connect CAN-H, CAN-L, GND, +12V

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Metin View Post
    you have more info ?
    i connect CAN-H, CAN-L, GND, +12V

Have you tried bridging the OBD pins? Pin 15 to pin 9, pin 7 to pin 3.

Told this will work but i have doubts. There are many mistake in piasini 4.1. But you can get around most of them with manual checksum and tool box. As for OBD mode i havent tried but please if it works let us know

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ducatisti View Post
    Have you tried bridging the OBD pins? Pin 15 to pin 9, pin 7 to pin 3.

Told this will work but i have doubts. There are many mistake in piasini 4.1. But you can get around most of them with manual checksum and tool box. As for OBD mode i havent tried but please if it works let us know
    Has anybody tried this yet? or any other solution?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Bridging of the pins (in some cases on pin 9 voltage more than 12v is present) - it's totally ludicrous if you don't want to burn the device.
    I have tested piasini on many Mazda cars and i see many errors in flasher with some car models. I can read one mazda 6 2007 2AT.0 directly via OBD, on other similar Mazda 6 2007 2.0AT Piasini is got error (but MCUs in ECUs is same - this is Renesas SH7058), I think, problems may be in CAN signals from other electronics on car, may be anybody will try to read ecu on table and report. My deduction - Piasini works fine only in JTAG mode and can be correct CS perfect. For flashing via OBD you should by other products, like MMCFlasher, Powergate.

And one note: Dont try to read Mazda cars manufactured after 2008. Piasini support only Mazda car up to 2008. After 2008 another generation of ECU have been used - this is based on 32Bit M32R Renesas MCU (1Mb flash memory on board). Reading via Can possible only with MMCFlahser, but on table at this moment.

BR

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The Mazdai am working on has a SH7058, but the car was registered march 2008, will piasini support this type of ecu do you know or do i need to purchase MMCFlash?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techhead View Post
    The Mazdai am working on has a SH7058, but the car was registered march 2008, will piasini support this type of ecu do you know or do i need to purchase MMCFlash?
    Piasini support this mcu type.
    Try to read ECU on table via CAN - if without any good result - try via JTAG (in JTAG is all OK). MMCFlasher can do this directly by OBD on this cars.

BR

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zohar View Post
    Piasini support this mcu type.
    Try to read ECU on table via CAN - if without any good result - try via JTAG (in JTAG is all OK). MMCFlasher can do this directly by OBD on this cars.

BR
    Can you tell me which pins are CAN and the JTAG info? Much appreciated if you do ;-)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Can you tell me which pins are CAN and the JTAG info? Much appreciated if you do ;-)
    Is it:

Pin 01Ground - Pin 03Power Supplie - Pin 04Ignition - Pin 43K Line - Pin 58CAN L - Pin 60CAN H

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

via K-line, yes...i am mistake about CAN - K-line is used for reading/writing of this ECU types in piasini.. info in attach

for JTAG mode see official pdf, i don`t have inscheme reading points for this ECU, but you can try to find them.

Attention: Device writes flash in MCU through RX-TX mode, and finding of points is not a hard job. But for reading MCU, piasini have used another algorithm (for a deceit of watchdog) and other connection points to MCU, of course. I have read this ECU type via CAN (with MMC Flasher and Open Port 2.0) many times, and many times writes done modified file back in ECU on car or in JTAG mode on table.

P.S.

Anyone have full description of piasini jtag wires? Number=1,2,3,4, etc... what is this inputs/outputs ???
    Attached Files Attached Files

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The attached is for Mazda 3 I'm working on Mazda 6 the plugs/pins are different to the 3.

Do you power the ecu by the wires from piasini or separate power supply? If separate have you any idea what current is used? I've just bought a power supply unit from maplins but not sure on current settings for ecu's.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

The attached is for Mazda 3 I'm working on Mazda 6 the plugs/pins are different to the 3.

Do you power the ecu by the wires from piasini or separate power supply? If separate have you any idea what current is used? I've just bought a power supply unit from maplins but not sure on current settings for ecu's.
    Yes, need to power ECU on table from external power supply.
    Are you sure, that ECU have a SH7058 inside? May be, this is MH8305? What manufacter of ECU, Mitsubishi or Denso?

may be, attached info will help you

BR
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zohar; 17th February, 2012 at 03:30 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zohar For This Useful Post:

pollonzo (19th February, 2014)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

the two plugs are set out like the attached, not sure if the pins will be the same designations...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast