Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default ipod 4th gen facetime

hi can anyone help my son has ipod everything works fine howerver his cousin got one for xmas now everone can facetime but on cousin one she cannot add a contact the only difference i can see is that on the top right hand side of the screen she does not have a cross to add people.she also cannot imessage .thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

iMessage requires ios5.x.x..... so make sure all iPods are all updated to the latest firmware..

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

thanks for reply both ipods had been updated i have found if i reset ipod it would facetime and imessage but if i then connect to itunes it goes back to not letting me add or imessage??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ack1234 View Post
    thanks for reply both ipods had been updated i have found if i reset ipod it would facetime and imessage but if i then connect to itunes it goes back to not letting me add or imessage??
    reset ipod
    go to itunes preferences
    under devices delete the backups of your devices (obviously if they're important don't do this)
    plug in ipod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For some reason the USB 3.0 "bracket" ports stopped working. I also have two onboard/integrated USB 3.0 ports located in the I/O ports but they work just fine. I originally thought there was a problem with my external USB 3.0 HDD but I've tried several different USB 2.0 devices and memory sticks and cables and still nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this thread is for longtime. i don't know if you have solved this problem or not, as this situation, you could try to upgrade the itouch which can not running facetime, and make sure one of the device has the contact info of the other one, then with the wifi, facetime works, have fun