Register
    Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Default UFO claim over wind farm damage

UFO researchers are claiming damage to a Lincolnshire wind farm turbine was caused by a mystery aircraft.

The turbine at Conisholme lost one 66ft (20m) blade and had another badly damaged in the early hours of Sunday.

Local ufologists said they had received many reports of activity in the area and had teams searching for clues.

Ecotricity, which owns the site, said while investigations continued they were not ruling anything out - but the extent of damage was "unique".

The turbine is one of 20 at the Conisholme site, which has been only been fully operational since April 2008. The broken blade has been recovered and is being examined.

Dale Vince, founder of Ecotricity, said the company was keeping an open mind about the incident. To make one of these blades fall off, or to bend it, takes a lot. Dale Vince, Ecotricity

"We don't have an explanation at the moment as to what the cause was," he said.

"We have been crawling all over it and have sent bits off for analysis to see if we can work out what caused it.

"Until we have some idea, some plausible explanation that it was not a UFO, I don't think we should rule it out".

He added: "To make one of these blades fall off, or to bend it, takes a lot."

Russ Kellett, from the Flying Saucer Bureau, said witnesses had told him of activity in the area.

"One saw what they at first thought was a low-flying aircraft on the Saturday evening and another heard a loud banging in the early hours of Sunday," he said.

"This is the second most reports of activity we have ever had - I have had over 30 phone calls and emails.

"To hit two of the blades, any object must have been about 170ft long."

The Ministry of Defence said it was not looking into the incident.

A spokesman said: "The MoD examines reports solely to establish whether UK airspace may have been compromised by hostile or unauthorised military activity.

"Unless there's evidence of a potential threat, there's no attempt to identify the nature of each sighting reported."

Full story and Audio: BBC NEWS | UK | England | Lincolnshire | UFO claim over wind farm damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default UFO

Quote Originally Posted by caveman_nige View Post
    UFO researchers are claiming damage to a Lincolnshire wind farm turbine was caused by a mystery aircraft.

The turbine at Conisholme lost one 66ft (20m) blade and had another badly damaged in the early hours of Sunday.

Local ufologists said they had received many reports of activity in the area and had teams searching for clues.

Ecotricity, which owns the site, said while investigations continued they were not ruling anything out - but the extent of damage was "unique".

The turbine is one of 20 at the Conisholme site, which has been only been fully operational since April 2008. The broken blade has been recovered and is being examined.

Dale Vince, founder of Ecotricity, said the company was keeping an open mind about the incident. To make one of these blades fall off, or to bend it, takes a lot. Dale Vince, Ecotricity

"We have been crawling all over it and have sent bits off for analysis to see if we can work out what caused it.

"Until we have some idea, some plausible explanation that it was not a UFO, I don't think we should rule it out".

Russ Kellett, from the Flying Saucer Bureau, said witnesses had told him of activity in the area.

"One saw what they at first thought was a low-flying aircraft on the Saturday evening and another heard a loud banging in the early hours of Sunday," he said.

"This is the second most reports of activity we have ever had - I have had over 30 phone calls and emails.

A spokesman said: "The MoD examines reports solely to establish whether UK airspace may have been compromised by hostile or unauthorised military activity.

"Unless there's evidence of a potential threat, there's no attempt to identify the nature of each sighting reported."

Full story and Audio: BBC NEWS | UK | England | Lincolnshire | UFO claim over wind farm damage
    ha like it m8 but the way things are goin its the last thing we need to worry about????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The truth is out there!!! I'm a Xfiles fan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by caveman_nige View Post

hehehe just because a blade fell off why do we have to think its a ufo, dam thing probably made overseas anyway
    Last edited by pabble; 12th January, 2009 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

harr harr this is best like some aliens can get here then they crash into a wind turbine out side of donnie and market resen

what a joke man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by m-mafia View Post
    harr harr this is best like some aliens can get here then they crash into a wind turbine out side of donnie and market resen

what a joke man
    im with you on that m8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ufo

I do beleive in ufo's but in this case i would say the windmill had a fault.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i heard the aliens who wer piloting the ufo were hacking free cable at the time they crashed they obviosley hadnt heard of dodgey boxes and dk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How do you explain the many sightings that were reported the same night this happened, Maybe the place is full of liars. Think about it they can't all be making it up. Not saying it was a ufo that did the damage but why so quick to dismiss it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe in life from other planets , but not one's daft enough to navigate millions of miles , then crash into an overgown hairdryer !
    Probably anti - windfarm protesters , who are probably aliens anyway , what harm can overgrown windmills do , compared to the dirty great coal burning sh*t spewing , coal fired power station i live next to ! , ( we've had no sunshine for 30yrs! )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by melloned View Post
    I believe in life from other planets , but not one's daft enough to navigate millions of miles , then crash into an overgown hairdryer !
    Probably anti - windfarm protesters , who are probably aliens anyway , what harm can overgrown windmills do , compared to the dirty great coal burning sh*t spewing , coal fired power station i live next to ! , ( we've had no sunshine for 30yrs! )

After all the excitement it turned out to be metal fatigue.

Typical.

BUT, I bet the aliens intended it to look like that !!

Messa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe there is UFOs out there but what i don't get is that we have very good quality camera (even gigapixel cameras)

Why is there no good quality photos?

Do we really know what the RAF are testing/building?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lanxman View Post
    How do you explain the many sightings that were reported the same night this happened, Maybe the place is full of liars. Think about it they can't all be making it up. Not saying it was a ufo that did the damage but why so quick to dismiss it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Messa View Post
    After all the excitement it turned out to be metal fatigue.

Typical.

BUT, I bet the aliens intended it to look like that !!

Messa

Lmfao!

I love bullshit UFO stories, they're nearly as funny as the people that believe `em.